What is the best moisturizing natural oil?

Would like to do a Meeting For the Atlanta Area

• Total voters
I use a mixture of Jojoba, Carrot, Aloe Vera, and Olive Oil. It smells great. I also have a separate bottle of Coconut Oil, its not mixed with anything. it works great on my hair too but isnt as moisturizing as my oil mixture.

i purchased some kemi oyl and so far so good. i only used small amounts and it made my hair shiny/soft and it didnt sit on my hair like EVOO
smile.gif
I want to try the Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil next
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ichephren said:
I have to say that castor oil mixed with sweet almond oil is the most moisturizing. Other oils kinda coat the hair and make it shine, etc. but I have found that castor oil actually mositurizes as well as giving it shine, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think that oils could really moisturize on their own but castor oil does. it reminds me of honey. it's thick and it's a humectant.

I am a newbie, but I thought jojoba oil was the best oil because it is closest to natural sebum. Am I wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
I like jojoba, best; however, I haven't tried enough different oils yet. The week after next, I plan on ordering: coconut, amla, meadowfoam, coconut, carrot, emu, castor, shea, and flaxseed from the fromnaturewithlove site
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto, but make sure they are pure 100% whatever you decide. perfect blend would be...castor, amla, emu, jojoba, olive, flaxseed and meadowfoam. ummmmm!

I use all of the following and I find them equally moisturizing. I can't really say which one is better because I usually mix some of these oils together

jojoba
castor
avocado
meadowfoam
olive
wheat germ

I have very, very dry hair and the only thing that has worked is castor oil. I just bought some isoplus castor oil / softee castor oil (has some coconut and jojoba oil in it) and I'm loving it. The only thing that has worked besides the castor oil is Blue Magic. I like the Softee brand the best because it also smells good.

Dolapo said:
So it has to be mixed. with maybe jojoba oil. right? or how do people use it?

I mix castor with few drops of ylang ylang for a super-charged moisturizing oil for my ends -- especially during the dry winter months. The ylang cuts the thickness of castor AND adds that lovely lovely smell to the hair! I use a two to one ratio - two drops castor, one drop ylang, rub in palms and apply to ends only.

senimoni said:
So how does one stay moisturized and oiled without looking like a greasy hot mess?

By not over-doing it. I use just the two drops castor and one drop ylang on my ends only once a day -- anything more weights my hair down.

Back