What is it with men not properly planning first dates?

Don't plan it! And what's with this testing??:confused: HE asked you out, right, so he must have seen enough in you to think you're a worthy lady. Now YOU are the one assessing him and his worthiness... He's ridding you of that privilege and that just ain't right!:nono:

imagine, you'll show up on the date worried that the place is not up to par, food/drinks/ambiance not good enough:nono: No! That's for a MAN to worry about. You just have to show up, be charming and open, and get him doing a lot of talking about himself so that you can properly figure out what he's about.

My mother, a very traditional lady, plans the very occasional 'dates' she and my father have, because the man is about as romantic and thoughtful as a shoe:perplexed I think that's dreadful:ohwell: Romance is the spice of life. Demand it!

How about guy who doesn't plan at all??? And says he's not a planner..., wants you to pick a place all times. Doesn't mind doing whatever you choose to do.

Don't plan it! And what's with this testing??:confused: HE asked you out, right, so he must have seen enough in you to think you're a worthy lady. Now YOU are the one assessing him and his worthiness... He's ridding you of that privilege and that just ain't right!:nono:

I TOTALLY AGREE with this one!! As women, we have done ourselves a disservice by grabbing the reigns when we shouldn't. We will read countless books about how we should let the man be the man but are quick to allow him to wiggle his way out of his role.

While I can appreciate a man wanting to be flexible, I think having a man plan the date is a good litmus test. I would assume that if you're going out, you've had a conversation or two during which you've expressed some of your interests. If this conversation hasn't taken place, that should be a red flag. That means he's not interested in getting to know YOU.

Any man worth his salt should be able to take the information you've shared about your interests and plan a date accordingly. AND let's hope he puts in more effort than dinner and a movie...

I've never planned a first date in my life. I made tons of mistakes in my dating life but never planned a first date.
If a man asks me to plan the first date I would automatically assume he either wasn't into me,
Or was using his very few brain cells on another woman other than me.
Either way it's a blocked number

Back