What Is It Like Dating In Florida

summerof1990

considering moving there just want to know ..
Pretty sure the Houston scene will be better for a black woman in a dating sense

Not in Florida, but a friend living in South Florida recently posted this article on Facebook, http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...ida-worst-places-for-love-20171114-story.html, and many of his local single friends commented on how horrible the dating scene is, while his local married friends commented on their relief at not having to date in the area. I know quite a few unhappily single women, of all ages and ethnicities, in South Florida.

Not sure if things are any better in the central (Tampa/St. Pete, Orlando) or northern (Jacksonville, Daytona) areas but the college-aged black women I knew in Tallahassee and Gainesville didn't really complain (not great, but not awful either). What area(s) are you looking at?

Not in Florida, but a friend living in South Florida recently posted this article on Facebook, http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...ida-worst-places-for-love-20171114-story.html, and many of his local single friends commented on how horrible the dating scene is, while his local married friends commented on their relief at not having to date in the area. I know quite a few unhappily single women, of all ages and ethnicities, in South Florida.

Not sure if things are any better in the central (Tampa/St. Pete, Orlando) or northern (Jacksonville, Daytona) areas but the college-aged black women I knew in Tallahassee and Gainesville didn't really complain (not great, but not awful either). What area(s) are you looking at?
Work related .. south Florida... Coral Springs area.. it looks mostly white

Lived in Miami for two years, and decided to stay with my aggravating boyfriend because options were limited. Men were looking for fun, not committed relationships. Met two guys when trying to leave home, but they were very full of themselves.

Moved north to Stuart Florida, lots of old white men and married younger guys, so dating was also a no go but made lots of friends.

Almost all my single friends would complain about the scene, saying that there was way too limited options and most moved out of Miami. These were my med school/residency colleagues. For the ones that still live in Miami, the Spanish ones are all married, black ones still single.

For my family members in Miami, the men are married, females single. However all my orlando cousins/family are with booed up or married.

Lived in Miami for two years, and decided to stay with my aggravating boyfriend because options were limited. Men were looking for fun, not committed relationships. Met two guys when trying to leave home, but they were very full of themselves.

Moved north to Stuart Florida, lots of old white men and married younger guys, so dating was also a no go but made lots of friends.

Almost all my single friends would complain about the scene, saying that there was way too limited options and most moved out of Miami. These were my med school/residency colleagues. For the ones that still live in Miami, the Spanish ones are all married, black ones still single.

For my family members in Miami, the men are married, females single. However all my orlando cousins/family are with booed up or married.

Are the Spanish girls with Latin men bc I think florida have a higher pop of hispanics maybe

I never found it to be difficult in Central or South per se, but South FL is harder and you def have to be open-minded. You have a higher chance marrying a Jewish or Spanish guy in Miami as a BW than a quality BM in a lot of areas. Central it is mostly about putting yourself in the right environment and being fly/connected.

I agree with all of the above. Lived in FL for 10 years - some teens, all college, and a few years after. The dating scene isn't that great, but it's feasible to find a decent guy. @MissNina is right about having a higher chance with a Jewish or Hispanic guy. My 1st serious BF was Dominican. Other guys I dated were black/mixed, but not serious. I think areas like Tampa & Orlando may be a smidge better.

Back