What In Da Hayle?! - Typef Youtube Channel....AA Hair 'Care" vid

They steady uploading new videos.... :lachen: And JoAnn is so confident with it too...

Here's one posted today... How to Comb the Top of Your Hair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3521aWjvZE4

:rofl:

This is a joke. Has to be. They just want to get the boards talking. She has a dumb smirk on her face the whole time.

ETA: Yea... It's blatantly obvious that this channel was created just to ruffle feathers... And there are plenty of feathers ruffled so mission accomplished lol.

Check out this vid & tell me I'm wrong. It's the same chick... 'cept this time she's a "makeup artist" :look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0MrLt2ncM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone. It does EVERYTHING :grin: ...except make calls :ohwell:

But I will give the sista with the dry & thirsty afro credit for being in good shape, having nice skin and well groomed eyebrows. I dont know what to say about the fat chick with the blonde wig. She's just wrong all the way around.

I've seen her somewhere before. It may have been on Tyra or something else like that.

How do you know Tyra is really affiliated with this channel and these people aren't just using her image without her expressed permission? Anybody can swipe a picture of someone popular and use it as a way to gain some type of authority and legitimacy over their message...

tyra is actually IN some of these videos. hammercy.

I think I've figured out this fiasco. TypeF's content is written by DemandStudios. This means the people making the videos are making a flat rate per each video made.
http://www.demandstudios.com/blog/typefcoms-fierce-fridays

So the women in the videos don't care about the quality. They are just trying to get paid for these "informative" videos. The link below shows they get paid for each project...so they are making $15 - $20 per video made...

http://www.demandstudios.com/Public.mvc/Faq

How much do I get paid per project?
On average, you can expect to receive $200-$600 per project. The payment amount is based on the number of 1-3 minute videos created, and the price of each video. The price of each video is determined by the format, and is variable depending on difficulty. A video requiring a single static interview shot might be paid at $15, where a demonstration requiring more edits would be paid at $20. The format and resulting price will be displayed when you claim a project.

Ah! Makes sense. So it's a ploy make a mega YouTube channel that would eventually become partnered & earn ad money out to wazoo.

FAIL, though, b/c the quality of the videos suck.

I think I've figured out this fiasco. TypeF's content is written by DemandStudios. This means the people making the videos are making a flat rate per each video made.

So the women in the videos don't care about the quality. They are just trying to get paid for these "informative" videos. The link below shows they get paid for each project...so they are making $15 - $20 per video made...

On average, you can expect to receive $200-$600 per project. The payment amount is based on the number of 1-3 minute videos created, and the price of each video. The price of each video is determined by the format, and is variable depending on difficulty. A video requiring a single static interview shot might be paid at $15, where a demonstration requiring more edits would be paid at $20. The format and resulting price will be displayed when you claim a project.

Sent from my iPhone. It does EVERYTHING :grin: ...except make calls :ohwell:

See now this just pisses me off. These ratchet broads are getting paid real money to dispense REALLY bad advice (not just hair but watch the make up vids too. they are horrendous) when there are people with real skills out there? I mean what the hell!

I am really looking forward to when Tyra explains this. This is such bad PR for her.

^^Sounds like a money maker and a shame to look at the girl with the blonde whatever that was she had on her head look like a HAM.

This isn't a say something nice thread cause ain't nothing nice to say

I'll say ONE nice thing. The lady with the blonde...THING on her head...I went to her website and looked at her portfolio...some of her makeup work is nice.

I hope this wasn't a parody because i was almost late to work commenting at their site lol. I couldn't stand to just surf away from the site:lachen:If its a joke I guess I'm the fool now, lol:lol::nono:

These videos are not meant to teach people how to care for their hair. I'm embarrassed for them, and hope people can tell that this is a joke.

Ooo. :blush: Oh. :perplexed Ow. :ohwell:

So she is not overseeing the content, she is just providing the platform. That is why you have to be careful about who you endorse and let use your likeness. Although she probably doesn't have a clue in the world what is going on in any of these videos, she is now being linked up with this bad information. Tisk tisk.

ETA: Just read Ri's response. Wow, so she is taking part in this Tom foolery? My Lord. :nono: I was trying to give the busy woman a break. :sad:

Last edited:
Ooo. :blush: Oh. :perplexed Ow. :ohwell:

So she is not overseeing the content, she is just providing the platform. That is why you have to be careful about who you endorse and let use your likeness. Although she probably doesn't have a clue in the world what is going on in any of these videos, she is now being linked up with this bad information. Tisk tisk.

ETA: Just read Ri's response. Wow, so she is taking part in this Tom foolery? My Lord. :nono: I was trying to give the busy woman a break. :sad:

ms-gg dont give that heffen no break!!!! :lachen:

im not really surprised though. i sort of don't expect more from tyra

oh, so... :look: this is not an elaborate ruse then? this is a serious venture? and JoAnn is supposed to represent natural AA hair?

i don't understand :ohwell:

you know, i fully expected that by the end of this thread i would read that it was all a big joke and some weird advertising ploy. i was totally buying the joke angle.

i don't understand :perplexed

See now this just pisses me off. These ratchet broads are getting paid real money to dispense REALLY bad advice (not just hair but watch the make up vids too. they are horrendous) when there are people with real skills out there? I mean what the hell!

I am really looking forward to when Tyra explains this. This is such bad PR for her.

I TOTALLY agree. How you be telling folks to tease their dry-like-a-desert tightly curled hair.....with a fine tooth comb?!?!?!?

LOL, all this is reminding of the time Tyra tried to do this poor girls hair on her show. And how she just chopped it up, ruffled her hair up and damn near snapped the girl's neck of by pushing her head back.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I could never take advice from a tutorial that ends like this! :lachen:

Attachments

• 110924-152950.jpg
    110924-152950.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 502
I mean really, she could have paid a few youtubers/bloggers/shoot even hairboard members (like myself lmbo) to be featured on her channel. Tyra if you are reading I can help you out boo boo! :yep:

Back