What In Da Hayle?! - Typef Youtube Channel....AA Hair 'Care" vid

This is not a joke. That's the sad part. The misinformation regarding our "African American" hair never ends. Paddle brushing and teezing dry 4b hair?? What are you thinking? :nono: And I'm supposed to take your advice because you're a "licensed hair stylist"? B, please

And "African American" hair?? WTH does that even mean? What, African Americans ALL have the same hair type? And what about other blacks in the Diaspora, they have their own, which is different? I bet those videos are coming soon.

I really hope that no one is making money from this endeavor.

But the video with the two little blue rollers? Or two-strand twisting "natural" hair, only it's a BSS wig?! That can't be for real.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Lol@ the comments on youtube.

One person said her hair sounds like a bowl of rice crispy treats when she brushed it.... Lmao

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

I can't believe in this vid she didn't show the finished product. And hasn't she ever heard of sections. Gaaah!
SMDH um...notice the choice of words she uses in the videos when describing textured hair. "I'm going to teach you how style your coarse hair" that plus a few other back-handed comments makes me feel they're some deep seated self hatred going on here. The sad thing is she actually has fine hair, cotton texture not coarse...if you looked beyond the jacked up, unmoisurized ends. I wanna help her so bad.

Last edited:
2,484 videos all uploaded within the space of a few days...Well, someone has been working very hard at playing a joke.

Also, are we sure that Tyra really endorsed these videos or are they just using her name and waiting to get caught out?

2,484 videos all uploaded within the space of a few days...Well, someone has been working very hard at playing a joke.

Wow, 2,000+ videos! I'm reaallly struggling to figure out the purpose of this. I'm not really offended. I just don't see what's funny about women taking better care of their hair :-/

It's not just black women that they have featured. Somebody is trying to get famous.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Yeah, I noticed white women with hair care videos on the typef channel, and their videos are ridiculous too.

Wow. The quality of the videos are good, but not what they're doing in them.
The burning, pulling, the "styles". All terrible.

How do you know Tyra is really affiliated with this channel and these people aren't just using her image without her expressed permission? Anybody can swipe a picture of someone popular and use it as a way to gain some type of authority and legitimacy over their message...

I'm genuinely upset at this nonsense. I feel sorry for anyone that attempts to follow their instructions. I hope they're reading the comments and will take these vids down and start over. I did see one video I liked on the signature series, I won't try it but it did show me that in a time constraint how I could use my blowdryer, though I'm not sure it would work so well on my type 4 hair :ohwell:.

How to Make African-American Hair Bouncy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5_mTaNWYM&NR=1

I don't think the chick with the afro is trying to be funny. To me she seems like a novice; somebody who has gotten tired of relaxers, press and curls, domincan blow outs, etc and decided to be natural. So she's stopped using heat and chemicals, which is a great first step, but she really doesn't know how to care for her hair in its natural state

I have been natural for years so at this point in my journey its obvious to me that her techniques are all wrong. But when I first started out I was just as clueless as she is.

I can't figure out why Tyra would present her as an authority on natural hair though. That's the part that's really confusing me. Maybe she decided to endorse this because they're friends of hers?

But I will give the sista with the dry & thirsty afro credit for being in good shape, having nice skin and well groomed eyebrows. I dont know what to say about the fat chick with the blonde wig. She's just wrong all the way around.

Back