What happened to all of the Aveda Junkies??

zzirvingj

I swear there used to be threads on top of threads about Aveda products up in here :look:

Anybody still hooked on Aveda products? I still use their Detoxifier (which I don't see myself giving up anytime soon)....but things haven't been the same for me since they discontinued their Elixir! :sad: Plus, their prices aren't exactly "recession friendly" to me LOL....

On my way to replenish my stash now. I hadn't used it for a long while and decided to w/ my recent wash, now I'm hooked again! I hate to pay the price for it but nothing does my hair like Aveda DR.

i am an aveda user! a recent convert. i use the smooth infusion line. i just stocked up on more of the shampoo. and no, they are not recession friendly. a tiny bottle of brilliant emollient costs like $25 bucks... lol! i will hold off on that for a little while!

i haven't tried the detoxifier or damage remedy... just gotta use up what i have for now!

I'm still hooked! I mostly use Damage Remedy, but tried Dry Remedy Masque recently and loved it too. I'm still searching for a great leave-in though. Do you guys have a favorite(doesn't have to be aveda)?

I'm still hooked! I mostly use Damage Remedy, but tried Dry Remedy Masque recently and loved it too. I'm still searching for a great leave-in though. Do you guys have a favorite(doesn't have to be aveda)?

My favorite leave ins are mostly dominican, Lacio Lacio & Silicon Mix. I've been using Nairobi leave in lately and I must say I love it just as much!

Now you got me wanting to dry the Dry Remedy Masque, maybe they'll have samples.

I swear there used to be threads on top of threads about Aveda products up in here :look:

Anybody still hooked on Aveda products? I still use their Detoxifier (which I don't see myself giving up anytime soon)....but things haven't been the same for me since they discontinued their Elixir! :sad: Plus, their prices aren't exactly "recession friendly" to me LOL....

I'm right over here. :)

I'm just now jumping on the Aveda DR bandwagon. I've used the Treatment and the conditioner a couple of times now, and they give me results like no other conditioners I've tried. I may start using this line exclusively...it's expensive, but I figure since it works, I can stop collecting all the other PJ products I let sit around and gather dust...

I asked my DH to buy me Aveda products for my B-day last summer and I still have 2 Brilliant pomades and 2 Univesal styling cream. I just finished up my bottle of the Aveda DR yesterday. I did a DC last night with it and today my hair feels soft but strong. I am looking for a cheaper alternative because I feel so guilty spending so much money on it, but I am not sure if I can give up this DC :spinning:

P.S Your hair in your siggy looks amazing.

I'm still here! I have most recently been using the Dry Remedy and I like it so far. But, I need to stock up on the DR again (I need more shampoo and conditioner, I'm good on the masque).

Where can I purchase the Nairobi from? I'm looking for a leave in as well, although, I still have an old bottle of the Aveda Elixir.

I've been wanting to try Aveda for so long but I've never gotten around to it. We have an Aveda hair school here so maybe I'll go pick some up. Where do you guys buy yours from??

I still love the damage remedy shampoo but I am not willing to pay the price so I save it for my relaxer days and just use indian powders as shampoo now

I do love the Aveda DR shampoo, but the cond. I don't really care for. I do not use it every wash because it is so expensive. I have the liter size in both the shampoo and the cond. Nothing works on my hair like the DR shampoo. Love the products but hate the prices!!!:perplexed

I am not an Aveda junkie yet, but I have been eyeing Aveda for a while now and plan on purchasing today after work. Is the detoxifier very drying (I have a dry scalp)? Also when you ladies write “DR” do you mean damage remedy or the dry remedy? I want to try the line that most favor. Thanks Ave.

I still use Aveda DR poo, cond and treatment. It's too expensive to use on a twice a basis. I only use it the first couple of weeks after my relaxer. Other than that, it is Dominican products.

I was never an Aveda junkie.
However, when my hair was highlighted, I relied on their Blue Malva shampoo (and conditioner) to keep the brassiness away. It did wonders. :infatuated:

I am not an Aveda junkie yet, but I have been eyeing Aveda for a while now and plan on purchasing today after work. Is the detoxifier very drying (I have a dry scalp)? Also when you ladies write “DR” do you mean damage remedy or the dry remedy? I want to try the line that most favor. Thanks Ave.

DR is for Damage Remedy. I still love my DR, both the shampoo & con. I still haven't tried the treatment but maybe one day soon.:look:

DR and Dry Remedy user still here! I rotate the two lines to make them last. I love how concentrated they are, they do last a really long time!

I
Where can I purchase the Nairobi from? I'm looking for a leave in as well, although, I still have an old bottle of the Aveda Elixir.

I got my Nairobi from discount-beauty.com. Super fast shipping too.

I've been wanting to try Aveda for so long but I've never gotten around to it. We have an Aveda hair school here so maybe I'll go pick some up. Where do you guys buy yours from??

I've purchased from the Aveda Concepts salon, today I bought from the Aveda store in the mall. Aveda.com is another option and right now there's free shipping on $30 or more plus samples.

I've never tried the Detoxifier, sorry.

I did get samples of Dry Remedy poo & masque, the associate was telling me how much I'm going to love it (i'm secretly hoping I don't after what I spent today on liter sizes)

:wave: I am an AVEDA JUNKIE!! Every week now I am only using the Damage Remedy shampoo and IntRecovTreatment before I get my hair rollerset!
Recession or not, I will not go without my Aveda products!!!

The recession happened lol. Still I have TONS of Aveda. I tend to stock up. DR has worked the best for me. I fell out of love with the elixir though.

I still use the Damage Remedy Shampoo and Treatment.
The conditioner does not cut it for me regarding moisture and slip,I replaced it with Nexxus Humectin conditioner with similar ingredients and cheaper on the pocketbook.
Provides more moisture and slip than Aveda conditioner.

My favorite leave ins are mostly dominican, Lacio Lacio & Silicon Mix. I've been using Nairobi leave in lately and I must say I love it just as much!

Now you got me wanting to dry the Dry Remedy Masque, maybe they'll have samples.

Thanks for the suggestion on the leave-ins. I'm going to try some the dominican stuff.

and yeah, they do have samples. unfortunately I'm on their mailing list and got a card for a free Dry Remedy sample...that's how they hooked me. I think you can still get a free sample if you place an order online.

Aveda is expensive, but overall I've cut down on my hair pjism tremendously since I started using their line. Nothing does my hair like Aveda!

I still own many Aveda products, but I don;t use them as much as I used to.

I just hated restocking.

Just don't care to spend that kind of money and never seeing a sale.

Luckily I found other products I love. I was afraid I would never be able to give up on the DR Treatment.

I am just mad that the USC is $17 now though.

I stopped because my hair likes ORS Replenishing better, but since that has changed I think I will be back to Aveda using the Dry Remedy Masque. Its the closest thing I ever found to the ORS Replenishing.

I still own many Aveda products, but I don;t use them as much as I used to.

I just hated restocking.

Just don't care to spend that kind of money and never seeing a sale.

Luckily I found other products I love. I was afraid I would never be able to give up on the DR Treatment.

I am just mad that the USC is $17 now though.

IK what you mean about the no sales. :ohwell: When my Dillard's salon closed a couple years ago I.STOCKED.UP. I spent a lot of money but things were between 30 and 60% off. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. :grin: Unfortunately the Damage Remedy line was the first to go, otherwise I would've had a couple liters of the conditioner. :look: Right now that's the only thing I plan on restocking. I have found suitable substitutes for everything else. :yep:

Back