What hair rules have you BROKEN but hair came out fine!

LondonDiva

Which hair rules have you/do you break and it hasn't had a negative effect on your hair?

I personally

• Braid back to back without a 2 week break in between and do this for 6 weeks at a time
  • I have relaxed my hair a day after washing it, with no problems whatsoever.
  • Relaxed my hair a day after being in braids back to back for 6 months instead of waiting the 2 weeks before relaxing.

[SIZE=+1] No combing, brushing, and no mineral oil (grease). All that stuff works for me. My hair grew 2in past bra strap. I'm still using them and my hair is flourishing . I'm keeping it old school and it works . :grin:[/SIZE]

i texlaxed my hair last week, then 2 days later colored. it was too dark so i recolored, still to dark so then i tried coloring again! my hair is still in excellent condition no breakage or damage.

I comb my hair from roots to ends all of the time. People always say naturals should comb the other way around. And my hair seems to like mineral oil.

I comb my wet hair from roots to ends all the time.

I once had a corrective relaxer done 5 days later.:eek:

I will co-wash my hair the day before a relaxer in a heartbeat !

For about 6 months last year I did not sleep on a satin / silk pillowcase or tie my hair up at night

Last April, I self-relaxed on Saturday...didn't like the results in certain areas (underprocessed), so...I did a "corrective" on Tuesday.:eek: My hair is still thriving, thank God!

I rarely put any oil or anything on my scalp.

I dont tie my hair up at night bc the scarf always comes off anyway (but I do sleep on a satin pillowcase, and even that I only started recently).

I dont use heat when deep conditioning (too lazy to sit under the dryer plus my fiance threw my hooded dryer away when we moved bc he didnt know what it was lol...I just let is sit under a shower cap for an hour or so). I may invest in another hooded dryer and actually use it this time.

I let my hair airdry hanging free (wash n go has been my style of choice since texlaxing and my hair is thriving).

LondonDiva said:
Which hair rules have you/do you break and it hasn't had a negative effect on your hair?

I personally
  • Braid back to back without a 2 week break in between and do this for 6 weeks at a time
  • I have relaxed my hair a day after washing it, with no problems whatsoever.
  • Relaxed my hair a day after being in braids back to back for 6 months instead of waiting the 2 weeks before relaxing.

Ditto...I've done the back to back braiding for a year at atime. Until I joined LHCF, I didn't know you were supposed to give the hair a rest. My hair is always healthy when it's in braids. Also, relaxed my hair the day after removing my braids which had been in for a year.

I blowdry my hair or sit under the dryer. I don't like to airdry because my fine hair becomes dry and brittle after a while.

Oh Jesus! I have:

-had platinum blonde/relaxed hair (and dark and lovely color at that)
-relaxed my hair and underprocessed a section then turned right around and put relaxer on the underprocessed part while it was still damp.
-cut my own hair.
-relaxed my hair while pregnant (I don't know if that's breaking a hair rule).
-relaxed my hair the next day after a very thorough shampoo.
-took a hot comb to my new growth.
-bought a curler oven and Kentucky Maid marcels to use with it.
-went to a stylist who used that black gel to WRAP my hair:mad:
-used Bantu super strength every three weeks
on my super short cut to "lay it down"...it did.

If I think of any more...

Ms Lala said:
I comb my hair from roots to ends all of the time. People always say naturals should comb the other way around. And my hair seems to like mineral oil.

My hair likes mineral oil, too, and I know that mineral oil is supposed to be a big no-no. Hey, look at Macherieamour's lovely locks, and we all know that KeraCare products are chocked full of mineral oil.

Back