What flat iron gives a salon finish

sexyeyes3616

What flat iron gets hair really straight with swing and bounce. I tried the sedu and fhi and was not impressed by them.

ETA:I have read reviews after awhile that the chi stops working, after awhile it doesnt come on is this true?

Last edited:
CHI original - almost every stylist I have been to uses this model. I have it as well :yep:

I have a Sedu; and IMHO, the CHI is better.

My friend brought a sedu and it's horrible!! I was so expecting it to work wonders, but it failed short. I like the chi when my stylist uses it. One day when i'm not a poor college student i'll invest in one! LOL!

Artemis help a sista out. School me on technique:grin:...don't hold back

Nah, it's nothing big, y'know? It just how you hold the iron on the hair, using enough heat for one pass, and one pass only, and having a firm grip on the appliance without actually pulling on the hair. Oh, and how you hold the hair at the root determines how straight the roots get. Check out Video Jug, there's a really good video on how to do it...

But mainly, young grasshopper, it just takes practice...;)

i agree w/ some others when they said it is partially technique & the products used. i have a sedu. i've had less than amazing results with it just because i used to have terrible straightening practices (didn't go over the hair with a thin-toothed comb, etc). i started using an thin-toothed comb, electric hot comb + the sedu. i am mostly natural at this point, so with patience (a lot of it :lachen:), i can get salon quality hair. ...although i do have to give up about 5 hours of my life :look:

Can someone direct me to the flat iron / fine tooth comb thread. I have seen it referenced in a few threads. I want to build a how to straighten natural hair favs files.

I would also like to know the best flat iron....

CHI is great :grin: :grin:

but I own a FHI and I am learning what products to use with it to get salon results...

Can someone direct me to the flat iron / fine tooth comb thread. I have seen it referenced in a few threads. I want to build a how to straighten natural hair favs files.

I would also like to know the best flat iron....

I use a Chi. I will bump my thread for you...

I have a Sedu and was loving it until it broke! I've sent it back to Folica.com and while waiting on a replacement I purchased a Chi - and I love it too!!! They are both good but they are definitely different.

To answer your question, I would have to at least say any professional flat iron will probably give a salon result - nothing out of the drug store or wally world - you're gonna have to make an investment in your flat iron :dollar::dollar::dollar:

FHI, CHI, Sedu, Solia, and GHD I think are in the top rankings.

I have a Sedu and was loving it until it broke! I've sent it back to Folica.com and while waiting on a replacement I purchased a Chi - and I love it too!!! They are both good but they are definitely different.

To answer your question, I would have to at least say any professional flat iron will probably give a salon result - nothing out of the drug store or wally world - you're gonna have to make an investment in your flat iron :dollar::dollar::dollar:

FHI, CHI, Sedu, Solia, and GHD I think are in the top rankings.

I agree with this. Its in the technique and products, not so much the iron...as long as it isnt a cheapie iron, you should be good. IMO

CHI or BIOSILK one inch both by FAROUK, spray wet hair with silk filler by FAROUK and apply BIOSILK SILK THERAPY, blow dry,then flat iron, with just
a little flick in your wrist to give hair movement and bounce. If you don't want to blow dry then place a plastic cap/saran wrap over wrapped hair, sit under dryer 30 - 40 minuts till hair is dry. then flat iron. Technique was taught at farouk hair seminar.

My friend brought a sedu and it's horrible!! I was so expecting it to work wonders, but it failed short. I like the chi when my stylist uses it. One day when i'm not a poor college student i'll invest in one! LOL!
ebay baby...I just bought a brand new CHI original for $55

Back