What flat iron gives a salon finish

Which one does Sally's sell that is supposed to work like the Chi, and does it?

its the GVP(generic value product) it is GREAT! I have used a chi and imo it works just as well and it's about 45 bucks. It gets up to 410 degrees and it gets my roots straight. :yep:

Well after all the rave reviews about $$$ flatirons, I went and bought a Sedu. Physically it's a gorgeous iron but as far as what it does to my hair...I honestly get the same results from my $24.99 ConAir Turbo iron (1 inch, 25 heat settings). Go figure :ohwell:. The key really is in the technique.

Also, after 3 uses, my Sedu broke down and I had to send it back for a replacement. Meanwhile, my trusty ConAir is still kicking after 2 years...

Yeah, Sedus are overrated IMO. My Solia's held up famously after all the heads I've done including my own this past year. And a couple of drops on the floor. I :love: it.

i think we all feel we have a better flat iron in onw way or another but imho it's the condition of our hair, how much heat we're using (i'm pretty sure all our irons get pretty hot, tihs my chi get's hecka hot), the types of products we're using, either ur relaxed or natural (b/c of different text...u get diifferent results), ur sectioning (the thinner the sections the better), and pressure.
for my 4b relaxed hair i use either a spray cone or a little sheen to get a perfect salon look...for my natural 4b umm, let's just say i'd perfer my relaxed 4b hair for "that look".

I believe it's in the technique and products as well, because my $15 Andis from Wally World used to have me lookin like I stepped out the salon airday!

I wonder how a CHI would do me now? hmm...

CHI or BIOSILK one inch both by FAROUK, spray wet hair with silk filler by FAROUK and apply BIOSILK SILK THERAPY, blow dry,then flat iron, with just
a little flick in your wrist to give hair movement and bounce. If you don't want to blow dry then place a plastic cap/saran wrap over wrapped hair, sit under dryer 30 - 40 minuts till hair is dry. then flat iron. Technique was taught at farouk hair seminar.

Is this only for relaxed heads? I can't seem to wrap my natural hair at all...

its the GVP(generic value product) it is GREAT! I have used a chi and imo it works just as well and it's about 45 bucks. It gets up to 410 degrees and it gets my roots straight. :yep:

Thanks, it is supposed to go on sale July 1 and they have new fun colors. I might have to get one.

I have never heard anyone mention the true ceramic pro flat iron. I got it on the home shopping network, it's one inch,black with red ceramic plates and heat control dial that goes up to 400. Anyone else have this iron?

wet / dry color brilliance flat iron by ION at sallys it gives salon results and it's also cheaper. about $70.00

Personally I get better results from the Sedu than I did with the CHI and Solia flat irons. :yep: I haven't tried the Maxiglide or FHI.

Personally I think Solia are better for relaxed hair... on my relaxed her it worked wonders but now on my natural hair it doesn't work well at all... its like i flat ironed with a cold iron... I have the chi and it always was ok... nothing salon quality... i get my sedu on fri which i hear is great for relaxed hair... if not... its going back to folica and im going to exchange it for a newer CHI

I had a hair crisis a week ago lol. I rollerset my hair and went out of town for work the next day. I dunno i fmy hair wasn't completely dry (it felt dry) or what but by the time I got to my destination it was a HOT MESS!! It was kinda bushy yet still soft. After work I went to the mall and went in the salons shopping for flat irons. I saw the Babyliss Tourmaline Ionic iron and it was 130 which was a lil rich for my blood at that present moment. So I found a Babyliss Ceramic 1" iron for 30 bucks! Maaaaaaan my hair came out FABULOUS!!!! The best 30 bucks I have spent in a while! When I did the rollerset I used Alter Ego Rebalancing cream and Fermodyl 619 for my leave in. I think that helped as well. My hair is still bangin even after a week of working out and a kickboxing class!! lol.

I use a chi, works well for me. I think it has to do with technique as far as salon quality goes.

The closest my flat iron has been to salon quality was the last time I straightened. I tried blow drying while using a 100% boar bristle round brush before my flat iron and it helped my hair get really silky and flowy...my hair never felt that silky after a flat iron in my life. Not sure how this technique would be long term as far as hair health goes...but it worked, lol.

Jilbere Palladium (sold @ Sally's). It heats up to 465 but I don't use it at that setting. This is the only iron that gives my 4b hair bone straight results.

As a newbie I started with a GVP from Sally's. It actually worked pretty well.
Later, I bought a Maxi-Glide but it worked better on longer hair.
Just bought an FHI and I'm excited to see the results this weekend!

Although I love my maxiglide my friend used an Amika flatiron on me the other week and it was awesome! And I still have no complaints about my chi.

I've never heard of the biosilk one.

Back