What does your relaxed hair look like airdryed?

Re: What does your relaxed hair look like airdryed

when it was relaxed a huge afro now imagine how thick it will be now that its natural...lol

very thick, poufy with some waves, almost like a afro if I put nothing on it. But I don't want to airdry my hair with nothing on it.

................mine airdries into very soft springy shirly temple-ish curls. When I airdry I do absolutley nothing to my hair, I just wash, condition, and airdry. I dont scrunch and I dont put any products in my hair.

Wait a minute!! Are you ladies saying that even after relaxing your hair, you still have these type of hair issues? I thought straight hair stayed that way always? Excuse my igorance!(smile) Would texturized be the same thing? I'm considering it now. So, what do yu ladies do then to get your hair straght if it air-dries this way? Just the ponytail method? How much time does it take to get your hair into straightness? Sorry for all the questions!

Hi there qtpi, my hair air drys wavy and poufy..which i don't mind..i actually wear it like that sometimes, as it gets more dry the waves can turn into little ringlets depending on the product i put on it. I actually really like it. Anyways, to get my hair straight I just have to dry it with some tension such as rollersetting or two big twists with one of those bauble ponytail holders at the end of each twist to add some weight for tension. I don't use direct heat, just the bonnet dryer for rollersets and conditioning.

O.K., thanks! What products do you use for it to have a wavy, curly ringlet pattern?

If I airdry with no product then it will stay wavy. If I use vaseline it gets straight but I only use vaseline when going into a bun. If I want it to get curly, ringlet type hair then I use a watery leave in such as Dew or pantene then I put glycerine and one of my oils to seal in the moisture from the water and the leave in. I have two pictures of the airdry with product in my hair that shows the little waves but i don't have a pic of the air dryed with no product. I'll take a pic of that and add it to my album soon.

i do that all the time, i just wash my hair, i dont put any leave in or anything in it, and allow it to air dry on its own, the result looks like ive had a braid out which ive spent hours on. i love my hair
smile.gif

When I was fully relaxed, my hair would dry almost straight with just a slight wave.

It dries frizzy and puffy with a few curls. It also looks dull and feels very dry.

I airdry my hair just about everday it looks thick, wavy & frizzy all at the same time. It does look healthy though.

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
i haven't tried airdrying it without it being in a ponytail
nono.gif
nono.gif
----ahhhhhh, god bless the maker of the comb attachment
kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since making my original post last year, i've given airdrying a try. It's still not my first choice but this is what i ended up with when i tried it out in February and June. Feb- Air Dry and June Air dry pswd= patrick

hey jainy girl ur hair looks nice air dried. Its wavy very nice. Mine looks like a poodle sometimes hehe

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
hey jainy girl ur hair looks nice air dried. Its wavy very nice. Mine looks like a poodle sometimes hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair looks good like that
smile.gif
i had products(cant remember which but i think it was the Elasta QP Oil moisturizer) on my hair when i put it in the ponytail to dry, then i put it in a bun to finish drying. If i hadnt done that i would have looked like one of those people you see with fried looking hair ---yahhhhhhh
laugh.gif

glossy I think your hair looks really cute air dryed! I wish mine would get those curls like that, mine will wave up in some sections but others just look frizzy....

Hey girls i tried a mix of Elasta QP Feels like SIlk and Sally's Generic Hair Scultpic Lotion and i mixed it to damp hair after deep conditioning and i got some defined waves. U can see pics on my fotki page.

glossy, what is the sculptic lotion? is it a creamy setting lotion?

Air dried with no products [loose with no ponytail], my hair looks like Chaka Khan on a bad hair day!

All the pix's in my album are of my airdryed hair. I don't know what you would call it, but it ain't that cute!

My hair airdryed looks like = A steal wool cleaning pad.
Therefore airdrying is a NO NO.
look.gif

nope its not creamy is a clear fluid. The generic one i was using feels alittle slimy in ur hands but once its in ur hair it does not feel slimy at all. I woke up this morning and i took off my granny sleeping cap off ( hehe) and i still had the shiny defined curls there.

Fluffy and soft depending on how my hair is moisturized from conditioing. After I wash and condition, I add a creamy leave in, LUST usually or Salerm will do and then slick my hair back into a ponytail with a curler on the end.

Back