What does this mean?

vevster

The apple of my eye, my nephew, recently asked a girl out. At first she said yes, then she came back with yes, if my friend can come with.

I does this mean what I think it means? That she doesn't really like him, but will enjoy an evening out?

He passed on it, by the way....

The apple of my eye, my nephew, recently asked a girl out. At first she said yes, then she came back with yes, if my friend can come with.

I does this mean what I think it means? That she doesn't really like him, but will enjoy an evening out?

It's a 'positive' for the young lady if this is a first date. Perhaps she was shy and nervous. :yep:

Yes. This is what I use to do back in college. Make a fun evening out of it but make it clear that we're hanging out as friends and nothing more.

I wonder if she is Christian. Many Christian teenagers don't go one on one dates especially if they are just starting to date. I know your nephew is the apple of your eye and some girls are users but I don't see evidence is malice here. Evidence of being young? Yes. Evidence of getting to actually know him before actually dating him? Yes. Evidence of getting comfortable? Yes ...but it's okay to chill and let teenagers be young and imperfectly learn lessons about themselves and others as they live life Auntie. There will be more than a few awkward moments as they find their way. It's good that your nephew is seeing what he is and isn't into but I don't see malice indicated by the young lady or that she was just trying to con him into paying for an extra person as you are indicating though.

Last edited:
There are 30 year old women doing this lol. My guy friend just had this happen and he's 40. In that case it was just a summer picnic date and she brought a friend..... IMO she was not sure whether she liked him.

I cant imagine going for a date with a guy and him asking to bring a friend. Invite me to a cute picnic and rock up with Marcus, nah dude :lol:

I know we have threads on here occasionally about dumb stuff we've heard men do on dates, this has got to be one of the ones men hate and I dont blame em. Anyhow this girl is young so at least there's an immaturity excuse. At least she asked also, a lot of the time its a surprise three person date.

Last edited:
I don’t see anything wrong with that. Chivalry is dying. Now, if she is a user that‘s different and her motives will show itself sooner than later...
If someone asks me somewhere, I think it is rude to bring another person. Period.
Plus, she at first says yes, then comes back with a contingency.

Last edited:
I don't think we have enough information. I'm trying to figure it out.
Definitely get more information. I understand he’s your nephew but too much stuff happens to young girls out here and then we scold them for not being cautious enough. I’ve heard of things like this (having a friend accompany you) but not paying for the friend. And they usually don’t sit at the table, but close enough to watch their friend. Then take the friend home. No funny business.

I’ve heard of things like this (having a friend accompany you) but not paying for the friend. And they usually don’t sit at the table, but close enough to watch their friend. Then take the friend home.
That is so weird to me. What in the world?

Yes. This is what I use to do back in college. Make a fun evening out of it but make it clear that we're hanging out as friends and nothing more.
Who pays in your scenario?

I was matched up w guy I didn’t like — he asked me to the movies. I went and took my sister. I paid for myself and her. Cause I didn’t like him.

Back