What do you want to have going into a marriage?

SincerelyJane

For the single ladies are there any assets you want to have going in? Do you want to have a certain amount in savings? Are there any experiences you want to check off before settling down?

Married ladies you can share what you had going in, or what you wished you had.

Just curious!

My own house and a verrrrrrrrrrrrry healthy savings account. What a man brings to the table will not be all I eat.

Erykah badu tweeted a few days ago... The best thing a woman can have....is her ish together. I agree.

I want to have no debt
I want to have done some amazing solo traveling
I want to have my higher education finished
I want to have some rental homes and passive income

Personally I want:

1. To have visited an ample number of countries
2. To have saved a good amount of money
3. To be at least mid-career
4. To have spent an ample amount of time with my friends and family doing absolutely everything! (no regrets)

The only things that I want to start in a marriage is being a wife and mother.

nothing really :lol:

i would like to have a better car perhaps. but i think i am mainly banking on him having the money and cool place to live :look: it would be nice if i had already moved on to my mythical better/higher paying job by then, i suppose.

e: i would like to have cleaned up my credit.

Last edited:
Condo in the city I can go to when they get on my nerves.

Go to hell fund that is well hidden, though knowing me I would share :ohwell: working on this

My own car, better credit, more savings.

I've traveled enough with friends and hope to travel with my husband...I hope he also has property already lol..or puts down most of the money for it :look:

Savings
A small home or condo I can rent out
Another car ( though my car has a good 3years before I will probably sell)
Finish my second degree
A good paying job
Travel with my friends
----------------------------

I fully expect to be able to continue doing what I want in moderation after marriage. I wouldn't want another person restricting my freedom. Im not ready for compromise just yet.

My own house and a verrrrrrrrrrrrry healthy savings account. What a man brings to the table will not be all I eat.

Now that's a catchy phrase. I like it.

To answer:
Already have the condo.
Agree with savings
Hmmm maybe the protection of Jesus
That's all I can think of

I think I've already done everything I've wanted to do and acquired the things I've wanted prior to marriage. Now I just want the man, the ring, and married life.

Back