What Do You Use as a Head Cover at Night?

What are you using to protect your tresses while you sleep?

• Total voters
I now only use a satin pillowcase. I used to wear a bonnet and sleep on a satin pillowcase but the elastic in the bonnet does tended to break off my hair.

If only I could wear scarves. <sigh>

I wear a satin or silk scarf. Only occaisonally, do I wear a bonnet to bed, like if I have flexirods in, or if I'm so tired and I can't be bothered to tie on a scarf, I'll slap on a bonnet.

At the very least, I always use a satin pillowcase. I sleep wild and 90% of the time my silk scarf is on the floor come morning. Since I can't keep it on my head, I at least have the satin pillowcase.

:lol: @ the sleep is for suckers option

I wear a satin bonnet, which my BF refers to as the "Strawberry Short Cake" hat or "your little satin hat" :lol:

satin bonnet or a silk or satin scarf if I wrap my hair.
I am so serious about my bonnets that I have a few extras on reserve.

KiniKakes said:
I wear a satin bonnet, which my BF refers to as the "Strawberry Short Cake" hat or "your little satin hat" :lol:

My husband went to Hampton. Whenever he sees me in my satin bonnet, he says "you want gravy, baby?" like he says the ladies in the cafeteria used to :) !

PatTodd said:
My husband went to Hampton. Whenever he sees me in my satin bonnet, he says "you want gravy, baby?" like he says the ladies in the cafeteria used to :) !

:lol: :lol: I can just imagine how he says it too!

adrienne0914 said:
i have all three of the Maverick Wear caps, but i usually sleep with the Snug Cap on:

snugcapl.jpg

even with that, i have to clip it on. if i remember, i'll post a pic of how i clip it later...

I use the Maverick Wear caps, as well. The Lucy model has been great while I have been in braids.

I use a long medium with satin scarf that wraps around twice, and then a satin bonnet on top. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase, that is the only way I can keep something on my head.:)

I use a silk scarf and a satin pillow case. Sometimes the scarf falls off but atleast I get protection from the pillow case.

I either put on my silk/satin scarf or silk/satin bonnet, but I still sleep on a silk/satin pillowcase.

i used to only sleep with a silk or satin scarf, but it would usually fall off. I've also recently discovered that the scarf is one of the reasons my forehead was having periodic breakouts. I now use a satin bonnet. It stays on well and secures at the top of my forehead.

Depends on how i wear my hair ..if its straight then satin scarf that ties with an additional cotton scarf over top the satin one to keep it on my head at night.. if its curly or the a satin bonnet..either way its protected by satin

I wear a bonnet, and I love it. I sleep WILD and this is the only thing that stays on my head. Du rags and scarves always slide off my head while I sleep.

Silk scarves, bonnets, scarves and bonnets, dorags - none of these stay on my hair unless I tie so tightly I end up with the mother of all headaches. I solved my problem by going to the fabric store, buying a few yards of satin, and made pillow cases to match my sheets.

I have to ask because I can't be the only one who has this issue.

My Dh HATES the scarf/bonnet/rag - do none of your hubby's have a problem with you wearing one to bed?

I use all three depending on the style. Since my hair is pretty short right now and holds the style easily I have been either using my bonnet or just sleeping on my satin pillow case. As it gets longer, I'm sure this will change

I used to wear a silk scarf but my edges started to break (and I know it was the scarf :mad: ). So now, I'm all about the silk/satin bonnet :)

I use a satin scarf when my hair is straightened. When I wear it curly I normally just sleep on my cotton pillows with my hair out. I need to buy some satin pillows, I gave my last two to my sister, she refuses to do anything "extra" for her hair.

I do a combination of both, I wear a satin scarf when I bun & satin bonnet when I crosswrap... I never go to bed without some type of coverage...

I do a combination of both...if I'm wearing rollers, I wear a bonnet, or if I feel like letting my hair down that night (i.e. not wrapping, pin curling, etc.) I wear a bonnet. Besides that, I wear a satin scarf. I am a wild sleeper, and what I find that works is if I tie the the scarf down on my forehead, and then secure it with one of those elastic wide headbands, or another scarf, just to keep it in place. That works for me.

Back