• oil rinsing

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • pre poo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

what do you give most credit to: 2011 edition

Which one of the above do you give most of your credit to.

In the poll i chose protective styles as the most beneficial because as long as im doing that my hair will retain length but i will also give credit to moisture (scurl) and stretching relaxers.

How about you...

Last edited:
Well I picked regular moisturizing deep conditioner, but I actually use protein DCs more than moisturizing. My hair has really grown since I started the DC challenge.

I voted protective styles because for me, that's the only thing that matters in length retention. Moisture is important too but there was no option for me to vote with because I only need to moisturize a couple of times a week.

Are we talking health or length??

I give my length retention credit to protective styling...protein was most beneficial for health

Protective styling is a major player but regular DCs are the most beneficial for my retention :yep:

I couldn't decide between regular protein and protective styling, so I didn't vote. They are both equally important for me.

Before I knew about protein treatments and henna, I'd wear my hair in protective styles but it would still break off in certain places (I wore cornrows a lot so you could see that it was breaking off from that). But then without protective styling my ends would be broken off from too much manipulation.

Thanks for the responses ladies :)

In 2010 i was doin more cowashing and hardly any protective styling and now i see that protective styling is more beneficial...so its gonna always be number one lol.

Keeping ends trimmed and next up is low mani. If I didn't do the other things on the poll I don't think it would make a difference in length for me.

I voted for low manipulation styles, because they have helped me retain length.

However, I actually give the most credit to adopting a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. There is a noticeable decline in my hair's health when I slack on these two things, regardless of what I'm doing to my hair externally.

For me protective styling and a moisturizing leave-in have been key. I haven't deep conditioned my hair in like two months and honestly I haven't noticed a difference. My leave-in gives me all the moisture I need until the next wash day.

I would have to say regular protein conditioners/treatments. I am a very fine 3c/4a with low density strands. I've always co-washed even when I was not familiar with the term and wear my hair in a bun about 340 days a year.

I've realized I'm a slow grower no matter what fad I try i.e., massage, mega tek, castor oil, glycerin, vitamins, hair steamer. I am a product junkie and have boxes of products I am trying to use up.

Health and length wise, I would have to say protective styling; specifically speaking---individual braids (hair added). With individual braid, I can still take care of my hair and scalp how I want to and my hair...more importantly my ends are put up...no muss...no fuss. I was too lazy to slap these babies back in last Dec (2010) and the overall thickness of my hair suffered, also I didn't retain much (I got lazy). With braids, I don't get lazy and my hair benefits.

~S~

My option was not up there.

Not using heat has been my savior. Since I am not using heat, moisturizing and protective styles have become less essential because I am not depleting my hair for moisture or protein.

My hair took off once I stopped being afraid of using protein. I would say regular protein treatments and airdrying/low heat have been the biggest contributors to my length retention.

Back