What do/did you think about Pro-Line's Perm Repair

AllAboutTheHair

What do/did you think about Pro-Line\'s Perm Repair

I saw this lady (she looked about 35-40) at Wal-Mart in the black hair care section of the store. She had a kinky braid (4a/b) that stopped mid-back (about 2 inches below bra-strap, maybe three) and it was thick and "NaPPtural". Anyway, I couldn't resist...I had to ask her what she used/regimen. She pointed out that she has been using perm repair every since she was relaxed 3 (yes, 3) years ago. She has been completely natural for the last two, she washes once a week and doesn't use heat.

Anybody out there using perm-repair? Fess up!!! I saw it had glycosaminoglycans, i.e. mucopolysaccharides...if you're using it speak up. Don't be scurred!!!

Re: What do/did you think about Pro-Line\'s Perm Re

i used to use it...but i havent used it in years....wouldnt use it now b/c of the petrolatum....

I haven't used mine in for quite a few months...I guess I should throw it away huh?
look.gif
I stopped using it when I found out petrolatum and mineral oil was bad for hair. A friend recommended it to me and she had been using ot for years and she loved it but her hair wasn't really damaged either.

I haven't used it in ages, but I still love and stick by Perm Repair's setting lotion. It is the best setting lotion for my hair. No drying alcohols and a nice, shiny set.

I used it a while back. I didn't like it too much b/c i didn't feel it did anything for my hair

I have a tube but I don't like it. But my mom swears by it and she has thick, nice shoulder length hair. It might be good but I don't like the smell and just too much of an old school product for me (yes I am a product snob!).

I used it a few times years ago. What I remember about it was that it was extremely greasy feeling. To me it seemed like it was even greasier than regular "grease".

I tried this back when I was relaxed and all i can remember is that I hated it.

I used this on my daughter's natural hair for alot of years..it worked beautifully for her.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I used it a while back. I didn't like it too much b/c i didn't feel it did anything for my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Perm Repair didn't impress me at all. I didn't notice any difference when I used it. In fact, it's still sitting in my "hair" basket collecting dust. I need to throw it away.

<font color="purple">I used to use this back in the day. I just don't like the way my hair feel afterwards. And I agree, it's bad for the hair because of the mineral oil and petroleum in it. Toodles </font>

a long time ago when i had a perm , a friend of mine's mother had short hair , and i didnt see her for like a year and when i saw her it was really long...meanwhile my hair didnt grow..so while visiting my friend when she was back in town , i wondered what her mom was using/doing , my friend didnt know..so we went looking in her mom's bathroom and found a big ole jar of perm repair...then i started using it
laugh.gif
....i liked it alot...also like i said it always made my daughter's hair look good...im surprised so many hate it....its a water based product, so i use to use it for braid outs..not when i wanted my hair styled.

My mom used to put it on my hair a few years ago when I had just started getting a perm. I liked it because my hair didn't look as puffy, but my mom had an allergic reaction to it so i had to stop using it. Last time I checked it was a good product though.

Hated it.Made my hair dry but greasy and stiff

Back