What Am I Suppose To Do Now??

LuvlyRain3

Well I was hoping that I had I couple more days before it started getting cold...... But I don't :sad:

I have no clue what to do with my twa for the winter/fall. What am I suppose to do without my wash n gos? I want to ps but I'm afraid that I'll miss my hair too much. And how am I suppose to keep it moisturized and healthy without my regular routine of cowashing?

Please help!!

Bump

more info.

I workout at least 5 days a week. And I work 40 hrs a week and go to school full time.

wow OP, you are a busy lady! Are you sure you don't want to PS? lol! I have never had a twa but I see a lot of ladies doing comb coils, and I saw the mom from familygoingnatural on yt do a pineapple with her twa....try looking up those styles on youtube.

Can you wash/cowash at night and let it dry while you sleep? That way you don't have to go out with wet hair. There was a thread around here about winter-izing your routine but I don't know where it is :(.

Can you wash/cowash at night and let it dry while you sleep? That way you don't have to go out with wet hair. There was a thread around here about winter-izing your routine but I don't know where it is :(.

The thing is my form room is freezing at night. I tired that the other day and woke up with a head cold. They don't turn on the heat in the dorms til mud october.

wow OP, you are a busy lady! Are you sure you don't want to PS? lol! I have never had a twa but I see a lot of ladies doing comb coils, and I saw the mom from familygoingnatural on yt do a pineapple with her twa....try looking up those styles on youtube.

I'm just kinda scared to ps Because I'm not sure as to how I would maintain my moisture/protein balance.

You can wash n go and wrap your hair in a scarf. Wet hair does not cause colds. I wash n goed all winter during my previous journeys and never got sick.:nono: You can check you tube on how to preserve wash n gos. I am trying to long transition, but I don't think I'll make it.:lachen: All I ever did wash wash n go because I lacked skill on how to protective style. You can also buy wigs if you don't care for wet hair. I just want to tell you you don't need to fear wash n gos in cold weather.:yep:

What about spritzing your hair instead of getting is soaking wet. Also are you using hair butters such as olive, avocado, red palm, hemp, etc.? You can use them to moisturize your hair without wetting it.

ETA can you get a diffuse to dry your hair?

Last edited:
I agree with the wet hair thing I use to wash my hair all the time my body was just use to it. Or I would finger blow dry it before I went out.

What about spritzing your hair instead of getting is soaking wet. Also are you using hair butters such as olive, avocado, red palm, hemp, etc.? You can use them to moisturize your hair without wetting it.

ETA can you get a diffuse to dry your hair?

The only thing that I moisturize my hair with is elasta qp mango butter. But I never tried a specific butter by itself. Maybe I should give that a try. And I forgot all about my diffuser.

Back