Went to the salon to get hair cut. Nervous, but Pic posted inside.

HoneyDew

I am always nervous about showing my hair because my strands are not even close to so many of you.

1st - sorry for the bad quality. Not sure why my cam took bad pics this time. I promise it looked much cuter on Saturday, but you can still see the cut. I guess, it would have helped if I had combed it before taking the pics, too, but you get the idea. :D

Anyway, I got my hair done on Saturday. I went to BeautyFirst for a deep condition, blowdry, cut and style. I paid $50 including her tip. I never blowdry so this was just a one time deal. She actually dried it mostly under the hood dryer 1st, but that thing got just as HOT! :look:

My hair is very uneven!! Saturday I got about 1 - 2 inches cut all over to try to even it out. It is still much shorter in the area where I have pointers.

I had a VERY BAD incident last year where I had to cut HUGE chunks of matted hair after a weave. IT WAS BAD!! The area that I have pointed to, if you can see them, is where my hair is about 3-4 inches shorter than the rest. I know when it catches up, my hair will be so much thicker and have more volume. (although my hair tends to be kinda thick anyway)

I was hesitant to lose the length I have gained, but I am happy that my hair is getting more even.

Honestly, though my hair did not feel as soft and moisturized as when I do it myself. I think I am going to leave the salon visits to cuts and chemical treatments. Anyway, wish me luck in my goal to GET EVEN and LONGER!!! :D

Ladies, I will try to get some clearer pics soon. Those don't show how shiny my hair is.

unevenhair.JPG

091606haircut1.jpg

Wow, I didnt know they had a salon in there??

the one in Columbia Crossing???

Your hair looks healthy!

I love the cut! It looks thick and healthy to me.... and i do see the shine!

Thanks for sharing.... kewl beans!

KhandiB said:
Wow, I didnt know they had a salon in there??

the one in Columbia Crossing???

Your hair looks healthy!

Yes, girl, and a spa. You can get you nails done, massage everything.

Very nice girl did my hair, very cool and fun. The onlything is that she needs to stop using that Biosilk Silk Therapy. It has alcohol in it and I did not even say anything. :look: One of my friends got on me about that. I should have opened my mouth and asked her to use something else.

Of course I could not walk out of there without buying something. :D

Thanks ladies. I have been so insecure about my hair since my weave incident. My hair has actually depressed me over the past year. I feel like I can NEVER recoup from that problem.

But, it was time to get it cut. Honestly, even though it is shorter, it is moving more and has way more body and life. I have gotten lots of compliments.

I feel like this is a good starting point for positively moving forward and gaining the length that I used to have.

I think your hair looks really good! Shiny, thick, healthy! That's awesome. Nothing to be nervous about, girl, we're all sisters here!

OMG! My hair looked just like this back in March. It will grow in no time too. Currently my sides are at my collarbone and the back is laying about an inch below the neck. HHG!!:D

Looks good girl! Don't you feel better knowing that you're off to a thick & even start?

Mo' Hair Gro' Long!

I like it!! Dont so much worry about length right now. Just focus on having it healthy, you will get there in no time ;)

Good for you, HoneyDew. I've been cutting my hair to even things out so I know how you feel! We'll reach our goals with fuller hair! :)

It looks very healthy. I am glad you shared with us. We are all growing together. In 6 months we will all be like...WOW at our results. That is why I love being around "liked minded" people.

I really like the cut. Oh, I can see your shine too. :up:

HD, your hair looks really nice! I think it's a good cut that will help you reach your goals. I hope you'll be less nervous now to show your hair. I know how you feel. But I would love to see more pics as your hair grows. It's very inspirational to see people on the journey to reaching their goals. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

It is not Tuesday and I really do feel better about my hair.

Honestly, it has been easier to "do" in the morning. A cut was long overdue and I am actually excited about moving on vs. being stressed as I have been in the past.

I actually feel cute today. :)

Hey Honey!

Your hair looks thick and healthy and I can see that it has grown from the last pics I saw a few months a go.

Nice work!!!!!!!!!

HoneyDew said:
Thanks ladies. I have been so insecure about my hair since my weave incident. My hair has actually depressed me over the past year. I feel like I can NEVER recoup from that problem.

But, it was time to get it cut. Honestly, even though it is shorter, it is moving more and has way more body and life. I have gotten lots of compliments.

I feel like this is a good starting point for positively moving forward and gaining the length that I used to have.
HoneyDew, first of all your hair looks very healthy and I like the cut. Also I had to do a pretty big cut earlier this year and it was the best thing I could have done. My hair just took off after that and I know the cut was the difference.

Back