Should I just trim this? (pic)

Should I trim

• Yes, trim now

Votes: 135 57.0%
  • No, do not trim under any circumstances

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • Wait see if your shorter hair catches up then decide (tell me how long to wait)

Votes: 75 31.6%

• Total voters
I think the low bun is causing it. I think it puts too much tension on one area if you wear the same hairstyle all the time. Hope you don't mind my suggestions...a loose french twist maybe?

I'll check out your fotki. I've just bought a bunch of hair toys to see what else I could with my hair. I wasn't 100% sure that the bun was causing it, but I wanted to take as many precautions as possible. I wear it in a banana clip or twisted up in some different styles now. I am still on the look out for cute styles that don't put tension on that area.

If anyone has any suggestions or know where to direct me, let me know.

I think you should trim it. That area won't catch up on it's own b/c all hair grows at the same rate. You should slowly start trimming the longer pieces and leave the shorter piece alone until it catches up. I think you should try trimming your hair on a schedule. It will be easier to stay disciplined. I trim my hair a half an inch every three months.

My hair is the same way and I REFUSE to cut it!!! I would just curl it so it all looks the same length. Once it gets even longer, a trim wouldn't hurt but I say wait until the short part gets to maybe where the longer parts are now.

I say trim it. It's not drastically shorter, so it's not really that much you'll need to trim. It will look better, which will make you feel better about your hair, IMO.

In my avatar thats from may I trimmed mine-more on one side and then the other. It worked and its evening out nicely. I didnt do it drastically cuz I wanted to monitor it. Came out nice four months later

I think you should trim it. That area won't catch up on it's own b/c all hair grows at the same rate. You should slowly start trimming the longer pieces and leave the shorter piece alone until it catches up.

I don't believe this at all. Hair is always growing but not at the same rate. Just look at my edges!

I think you should trim it now! That will make the hair look better and fuller and it'll be healthier.

Also, it'll encourage growth for your hair. It'll get back to where it was in no time. :yep:

I think you should trim it. That area won't catch up on it's own b/c all hair grows at the same rate.

Oh no, no, the hair on my head grows at drastically different rates. My crown grows super fast and the hair above my ears grows maybe .5 inches in 6 months. It creates terrible unevenness but I camouflage it.

In the case of the OP though, I'd trim it. Even, healthy hair is more important than having one or two extra inches here and there. We all know that she can get those inches back in a month or two using growth aides.

Sometimes it is important to reach benchmark lengths. It gives us a psychological boost and incentive to continue treating our hair like spun gold. If cutting would be demoralizing or if it would cause you to lose your momentum/slack off even a little on your hair care regime, you should wait until you reach another personal hair growth goal. Once the shorter mid section is there, cut the longer outside areas.

I've had terrible breakage in the past and even presently but what i do is dust a little each time maybe say 2-3 time per month. Right now i'd rather have all my hair looking healthy than have chewed up or fried looking ends.
It's up to you tho, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and if you feel you can nurse it back to health, then by all means go ahead and baby your hair cuz nobody knows it like you do.

I had an area of breakage a few years back and I kept having to cut to even things up because it wouldn't stop breaking. Long story short my hair is still a bit uneven, the breakage spot is still a bit shorter. I stopped trying to even it out and it has slowly been catching up. Nonetheless, I think periodically dusting the ends will help even things up a little more quickly.

your have beautiful hair ,just trim your ends a little,tiny bit.
and southerntease your hair is fabulous:spinning: I love the curls.

Back