Went to Curve ladies!

lbellin

I went to Curve on March 4th and can I say it was an experience. Those sisters can really move. First of all they were very nice, professional and informative.

When I got there I filled out an information sheet...name, address, and previous things that I have done to my hair [perm, etc.] and what my hair goals are. I was then asked [oral] questions about what I would like to accomplish my hair history, etc.

My hair was blow out and examined. It was then cut using the "angle and balance method". My hair was washed and then deep conditioned.

Then the "shingling" began. After that I was placed under the dryer and then my hair was fingerstlyed and I was sent on my way.

The entire time as the sisters were doing hair they were explaining exactly what they were doing and even helped to show you the right way to take care of your hair once you leave and do it at home.

All I can say is that it was worth the money.

I was even placed on their website. You can check me out...I am on the second page of the before and afters with the 85% natural hair. I am wearing a black sweater in the before and a black and blue top in the after.

Tell me what you guys think!

You look great! What exactly is "shingling"? Also, is that Mitzi I see with the angryblackwoman.com shirt on. She was the editor of like Honey mag or something like that?

Your hair looks really really really pretty! I was thinking about going there in like Nov. or early next year because I love the haircuts they do there. Could you answer a few other questions for me about your experience there?

Have you been able to recreate the style on your own, now that its days later?

Is shingling another name for the way they fingerstyle your hair?

And I read on another board that when they take those pictures, they take then while the hair is still wet and that after you leave, it doesn't look the same (this may be rumor... but is it true?)

If there are any other ladies who have been to Curve (and didn't get their hair silkened) who would like to answer... please feel free... I am interested in all of your experiences.

Thanks!

Have you been able to recreate the style on your own, now that its days later?

Yes, the whole time they are doing your hair, they are explaining exactly what they are doing and even have you do a little so that you can recreate it yourself

Is shingling another name for the way they fingerstyle your hair?

No, shingling is when they put the curly pudding in your hair one layer at at time.

And I read on another board that when they take those pictures, they take then while the hair is still wet and that after you leave, it doesn't look the same (this may be rumor... but is it true?)

Believe me my hair was in no way wet. Since my hair is so thick I had to stay under the dryer a very long time.

If there are any other ladies who have been to Curve (and didn't get their hair silkened) who would like to answer... please feel free... I am interested in all of your experiences.

Cost.....YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Well.....I will tell you. It was 265, but it was worth it believe me. My hair feels and looks great. My hair was previous damaged from color over a year ago. Once they cut and shaped my hair it looked and felt much better.

Think of it this way. When I was a permie, I would get my hair done every week for 21, plus a touch up it comes up to $271. To get your hair done there every three months is worth the trip and most importantly I can now wear my hair out for the first time in a year. YEAH ME!!!!!!!!

lbellin said:
I went to Curve on March 4th and can I say it was an experience. Those sisters can really move. First of all they were very nice, professional and informative.

When I got there I filled out an information sheet...name, address, and previous things that I have done to my hair [perm, etc.] and what my hair goals are. I was then asked [oral] questions about what I would like to accomplish my hair history, etc.

My hair was blow out and examined. It was then cut using the "angle and balance method". My hair was washed and then deep conditioned.

Then the "shingling" began. After that I was placed under the dryer and then my hair was fingerstlyed and I was sent on my way.

The entire time as the sisters were doing hair they were explaining exactly what they were doing and even helped to show you the right way to take care of your hair once you leave and do it at home.

All I can say is that it was worth the money.

I was even placed on their website. You can check me out...I am on the second page of the before and afters with the 85% natural hair. I am wearing a black sweater in the before and a black and blue top in the after.

Tell me what you guys think!

Girl your hair looks good:)

lbellin said:
Cost.....YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Well.....I will tell you. It was 265, but it was worth it believe me. My hair feels and looks great. My hair was previous damaged from color over a year ago. Once they cut and shaped my hair it looked and felt much better.

Think of it this way. When I was a permie, I would get my hair done every week for 21, plus a touch up it comes up to $271. To get your hair done there every three months is worth the trip and most importantly I can now wear my hair out for the first time in a year. YEAH ME!!!!!!!!

Wow I wouldn't expect it to be that much...is that what you can expect everytime you go?

Not sure since this was the first time I went. I will be going back in three months. I will let you know then.

Very pretty! It's a little too expensive for me though. But, if I had the money...I would definitely not hesitate to pay it!

micarae said:
You look great! What exactly is "shingling"? Also, is that Mitzi I see with the angryblackwoman.com shirt on. She was the editor of like Honey mag or something like that?

Yeah, that's Mitzi! :)

@lbellin: Your hair looks great! I was just looking at that website. All those pretty heads of natural hair makes me want to transition....again...

Your hair looks great. Am I correct in assuming the curly hair pudding is for natural hair only?

Your hair is so gorgeous! I would love to see how it looks when you do the shingling yourself....might convince me to fork over the dough for curl pudding.

Joining the chorus - it looks really pretty. I'm glad you had a good experience there. As much as they charge, they need to have people feeling happy when the visit is over. Good for you!:)

Back