Went to Curve ladies!

I will be trying out the method this week all by myself. I will post pictures and let you know how it goes.

I noticed a lot of the ladies changed their shirts- is this recommended? Also how long did it take?

nobody changed their shirts. I just happened to have my sweater on when the took the before pic [forgot to take it off], but then when they were going to take the after I took the sweater off. I had no idea they were going to post the pic.

sorry. it took forever, cuz my hair is very thick and it takes a long time to dry. i got there at about 11. they tell you when you make your appointment to be prepared to be there 3-4 hours. i was there about 5 cuz i had to go under the dryer another 40 mins. man me and my hair.

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm supposed to be going to Curve in September, so I'm glad you posted this. I'm gonna try out some of their methods before I go to see how my hair comes out. :cool:

I will be moving back 2 NY in a few months and I can't wait 2 start going there! Your hair looks good girl. Nice to see the non-chemical after shots that look hot ya know!? ;)

Your hair looks VERY nice..

But dang.. almost 300 dollars and they didn't even put any chemicals in your hair?

How much does a silkener cost?

Glad you love it

lbellin, your hair looks amazing!!! :yep:

i have a question about the Silkener. with the before and after pics, they say they cut the relaxed hair off before applying it, but when i called and asked what the Silkener is made of, they said it was lye based. so if someone's hair is texturized and not relaxed bone straight, would they still need it to be cut? what do you think?

I am SO glad you had the experience!!! I will go to Curves and get my hair done for my Christmas present to myself-I was waiting for someone to share their experience and the price too! I want a silkener tho....

ThursdayGirl said:
Your hair looks really really really pretty! I was thinking about going there in like Nov. or early next year because I love the haircuts they do there. Could you answer a few other questions for me about your experience there?

Have you been able to recreate the style on your own, now that its days later?

Is shingling another name for the way they fingerstyle your hair?

And I read on another board that when they take those pictures, they take then while the hair is still wet and that after you leave, it doesn't look the same (this may be rumor... but is it true?)

If there are any other ladies who have been to Curve (and didn't get their hair silkened) who would like to answer... please feel free... I am interested in all of your experiences.

Thanks!

Hi Guys, I'm new.
I have been to Curve in October of last year and I'm actually heading over this weekend. The experience was great and the cut was well worth the price although it is a tad bit expensive. The sisters do explain the entire process to you and the style lasts a long time (I would say a week, could have gone longer if I had taken care of the style). As far as replicating the style is concerned, it can be done. They key for me (and this was taught to me by another stylist) is sectioning. Every strand of your hair must be covered to get a proper uniform look and you have to make sure that your hair is dried completely before you touch it. Also, I don't use a fine tooth comb only my fingers. I have used the Mizani Styling Gel and S Curl to get similar and actually to me better results.

I get very good results from using their products, so I would love to have them do my hair at least once. I wouldn't mind spending the $300 to have it cut and styled properly, cause once that's done, I can maintain it on my own. Y'all look out, you might see my before and after pics in the coming months. :lol:

Back