Went to Aveda

godzooki

for a free makeover.There was one other black woman in the shop and she had beautiful natural hair in a short fro with the front pushed back and held by a band. Really beautiful hair! She came up to me and said she liked to talk to other black women in the Aveda stores to see what they were using and I told her I used the sap moss shampoo but that was it. My new growth told on me, lol! I think she thought I was transitioning and I can't blame her concidering I'm going into wk 14 now and the stuff is thick! She told me to try the Be Curly and the Hummectant pomade which were her favorites. I did my make over (which left me feeling much better) and grabbed the Hummectant and a free sample of scalp benefits shampoo. I will probably try the Be Curly later when I'm ready to do a braidout. I re wet my hair by spritzing at home and used the pomade, tied it up and took the scarf down an hour later and I must say I like this stuff! Has anyone else tried the be curly? I'm a confessed P.J. so I'm always on the look out for products that will soften and keep my new growth moist to prevent dryness and breakage. I am so scared that I'm going to get severe breakage at the demarciation line before I can do a touch up.

I've been tempted to try the BeCurly (now tempted even more since reading your review!
laugh.gif
). I should be receiving the humectant pomade soon!

So what did they do in the make over Godzooki? I bet enquiring minds want to know.
bouncy.gif
I sure hope you were taking notes.
grin.gif

Hey Mama
#1 how my babies ;-)

#2 how'd the makeover go - did you hit the one in Berkeley? did you post pics??? come one we wanna see the greatness.

Hey calbear!, Hey Mi amigo's (or how do you say it for women.) I ended up at the Aveda in Pleasant Hill. I got to try some of their new facial cleansing products. I used the cleansing gel, exfoliator and toning spritz. I like the toning spritz and might pic it up later. Even though I could have gone for heavier coverage I chose not to but we played around with colors for about an hour. The woman was really nice and pretty good at matching colors. She wrote down everything that worked for me color wise on a sheet for me to take with me for later reference so I did'nt have to hurt my brain trying to remember everything or feel forced to buy it right then and there. I took a couple of pics of the light make up and tinted gloss. It's in my picturetrail under 2004 at the bottom, ignore the still present skin discolorations, it's going to be there for a while
perplexed.gif
frown.gif
. Afterwards I decided not to buy a tinted lip gloss but that was it. I wanted to wear the makeup home and see it in my normal light settings. When I got home and looked I was impressed. I think I will be going back and at least picking up the liquid foundation (cheaper than MAC) and the blush she used. Both went on so light and when I touched my face there was no heavy transfer. I mihgt get the translucent powder also! I was impressed with pretty much everything she used. After the session I got a free mini stress massage with blue oil with pepperment.. Oooh-la-la! I did not want to get out of that chair! I ended grabbing some to use on hubby, or rather have him use on me. She even got in the nape of my hair with gentle pressure points! Now, when you check out the pics, remember I chose light coverage so you will still see some of the damage my skin infection caused. But I also think my skin is looking much better since I started juicing too! I'm also WAY into my last relaxer so don't laugh at the new growth! I used some of the aveda humectant but I still get fruzzies on the sides because of my glasses snagging hair every time I take them off or put them on. Ignore the hairiness, I'm off to get my wax right now!
grin.gif

glad u had a good experience! and by the way, just wanted to mention that u can get mac foundation on ebay(new) cheap, u just have to search for your color often. I usually get my studiofix for anywhere from 8-11! once I got it for 4.99! It costs $24 at the mac counter!

if you find something on eBay - email me BEFORE buying it. I'm a member of a few makeup sites and I wanna make sure you don't buy something from any of the well known bad sellers
smile.gif

Back