WEN Ginger Pumpkin is a WENNER!!

I have been meaning to post here for the longest! Sorry!

Anyways, this thread made me go and buy the WEN Ginger Pumpkin. I got it a few weeks ago, on sale, from QVC.com. This is the first WEN product I've ever used. It's all gone now (no matter how much I smack it on my palm), and I'm a little sad.

I loved the way it smelled. Very spicy but not heavy. And omg it tingled on my scalp so pleasingly! I really liked that about it. It cleansed my hair well and was such an amazing detangler. I detangle on wet hair, and this is all I pulled out of my drain stopper:
WENGingerPumpkin2.png

There are 5 shed hairs in there that I could count, and my hair is BSL, so I literally lost NOTHING. You should see some of the clumps I can toss in the trash :grin:. This amount was consistent when I used the product multiple times.

My relaxed hair loved this product. Unfortunately, it wasn't moisturizing enough for my natural hair (I'm transitioning). Even when leaving it overnight or using it as a leave-in. So... I think I will have to pass on the WEN GP, but all of you WENheads have made me very glad I tried it! Thank you! And I think I will try some more WEN (maybe Fig), at least for the cleansing! Thanks!

naturalnewb

I still Deep condition and treat my hair. I use WEN like a Shampoo. I don't eliminate my DC or Treatments.
Maybe if all I used was a Daily Leave in I would but since that isn't the case, maybe if you still continued to DC and treat your hair as you normally would :)

Enjoy!

I have been meaning to post here for the longest! Sorry!

Anyways, this thread made me go and buy the WEN Ginger Pumpkin. I got it a few weeks ago, on sale, from QVC.com. This is the first WEN product I've ever used. It's all gone now (no matter how much I smack it on my palm), and I'm a little sad.

I loved the way it smelled. Very spicy but not heavy. And omg it tingled on my scalp so pleasingly! I really liked that about it. It cleansed my hair well and was such an amazing detangler. I detangle on wet hair, and this is all I pulled out of my drain stopper:
WENGingerPumpkin2.png

There are 5 shed hairs in there that I could count, and my hair is BSL, so I literally lost NOTHING. You should see some of the clumps I can toss in the trash :grin:. This amount was consistent when I used the product multiple times.

My relaxed hair loved this product. Unfortunately, it wasn't moisturizing enough for my natural hair (I'm transitioning). Even when leaving it overnight or using it as a leave-in. So... I think I will have to pass on the WEN GP, but all of you WENheads have made me very glad I tried it! Thank you! And I think I will try some more WEN (maybe Fig), at least for the cleansing! Thanks!
@naturalnewb The Fig formula will give you the most moisture. It is made with ethic/curly/coarse hair in mind. Pumpkin Ginger is for all hair types. I really recommend the Fig formula if you want the most moisturizing product in the Chaz Dean WEN line.

JJamiah Do you still use WEN to DC or another product?

January_noir I'm glad you think the Fig will work for me! I've been looking for a moisturizing poo or cleanser for the longest. GP was good for that, but if you say the Fig is designed for my kind of hair, then I would love to use that for my DCs also. I'll definitely buy the Fig one. Thank you! When I try it I'll be sure to post my results :yep:.

@naturalnewb

I use another product to DC and the WEN to clean my hair.

I use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner mixed with a little Proclaim Hydrating Mask

Ok! I'm still trying to find my staple DC, but it sounds like I might try something similar to you once I get my hands on that Fig.

Thank you!

I love the ginger pumpkin. Used it once & ordered another bottle. Need to try Fig, but ginger was very moisturizing, for me. I left it on while doing the shower do, and hair was nice & soft.

Might bust it out this weekend.

I was so excited to recieve this in the mail today until I read the ingredients...o_O:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Vanilla Bean Fruit Extract, Ginger Root Oil, Clove Flower Extract, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Lemon Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cinnamon Bark Oil, Pomegranate Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Sunflower Seed Oil, Cardamom Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sweet Neroli Orange Peel Oil, Sage Oil, Arginine (L-Arginine), Aspartic Acid (L-Aspartic Acid), Glycine, Alanine (L-Alanine), Serine (L-Serine), Valine (L-Valine), Proline (L-Proline), Threonine (L-Threonine), Isoleucine (L-Isoleucine), Phenylalanine (L-Phenylaline), Histidine (L-Histidine), Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Polysorbate-60, Sodium PCA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, PCA, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone

I'm almost scared to use it now. :-/

I was so excited to recieve this in the mail today until I read the ingredients...o_O:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Vanilla Bean Fruit Extract, Ginger Root Oil, Clove Flower Extract, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Lemon Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cinnamon Bark Oil, Pomegranate Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Sunflower Seed Oil, Cardamom Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sweet Neroli Orange Peel Oil, Sage Oil, Arginine (L-Arginine), Aspartic Acid (L-Aspartic Acid), Glycine, Alanine (L-Alanine), Serine (L-Serine), Valine (L-Valine), Proline (L-Proline), Threonine (L-Threonine), Isoleucine (L-Isoleucine), Phenylalanine (L-Phenylaline), Histidine (L-Histidine), Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Polysorbate-60, Sodium PCA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, PCA, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone

I'm almost scared to use it now. :-/

why? have you tried it yet?

I finished my terrensentials and I was looking for a another "healthy" product. ...The goodguide gave wen a thumbs up so I though Id try it out. I bought the cucumber and aloe at the seen on tv store. And it was really good. It detangled my hair in the shower and gave me slip, however it did burn my eyes. Does the pumkin or fig wen do the sam thing because I am thinking of buying them?

Amerie2304 said:
Of course I did despite my better judgment. :lol: I must say I love it. I use it for cowashing and I find it more moisturizing than the Fig.

Did it have a strong menthol smell?

When you order do they automatically give you the almond one because I don't see where you can select which one, and the pumpkin not available until the fall? And are the fig and lavender available all year round?

When you order do they automatically give you the almond one because I don't see where you can select which one, and the pumpkin not available until the fall? And are the fig and lavender available all year round?

I almost forgot sweet almond was one of the formulas now that they have so many. The seasonal formulas are pumpkin for fall, vanilla mint for winter, and the gardenia for spring.

The regular formulas are tree tea (they changed something about it, not sure what), lavender, fig, sweet almond (the original), pomegranate, and cucumber. They are available most of the time, but they sometimes sell out.

Six Thirteen is the extra treatment and it is not always available, either.

I've tried vanilla mint (loved the smell), pomegranate, sweet almond, lavender, fig, and...I think that's it. Surprisingly, lavender worked the best on my hair, but I hate the smell of anything lavender. I want to try Six Thirteen and gardenia, but even for me...someone who spends a lot on products, WEN breaks my budget. They offer gallons in June and I might wait until then to buy more because I have 2 16 oz. bottles left.

.....anyhow, I was coming in this thread to look for reviews of the gardenia formula :look:.

Using the Gardenia Green Tea one now and love it. Although I thought the base for the seasonals were the same, it seems to be a little more softening/moisturizing/detangling that the Pumpkin...I haven't tried the Vanilla Mint so can't compare. I love this one next to the 613 though.

Back