Weave Conoisseurs, Help me please!

toinette

Tricking the president
i want to get a weave in about 10 days and i wanted to know what hair brand y'aLL like and where to buy it online. i am looking for yaki-textured human hair. i have been told that that is the best match for relaxed hair. TIA!

yaky silky perm matches a relaxed fine haired look, it's very shiny and the texture almost like asian hair it is thinner.
yaky perm is thicker with a little more pouf or body in it. You might want to go to a black beauty supply so you can touch the hair and look at it. I don't know any online ones though. hth

One of my favorite brands of weave hair is Masterpiece. It's hard to locate. But the texture looks just like a black womans. I'll try to post the pic of it in my head.

My brand is Harlem 125 yaki. I think Silky is to straight and it dont match my texture that well. I also think that the Lisa line is ok.

I think you should try Sensationnel Goddess Remi Yaki or Janet Remy New Yaki. I have seen the Outre Remy Yaki and it is a bit too silky for my tastes. The HisandHer cuticle Natural perm straight is nice too but 3X the price of those I listed above. Let me know if you cant find the Sensationnel online I have a few sites bookmarked. HTH.

I used the Sensationnel Goddess Remi Yaki for a weave I got in April and it was too silky for my thick 4a/b relaxed. It looked good after a fresh relaxer, but got harder to blend. The hair is good, though. No tangles at all!

i only buy hair from lugo's (for curley) or Mona's for strait hair..wich is right across the street from lugo's on flatbush..u can check out my album..i have pics of curly and strait..all of the hair is remy, cuticle or whatever ya wanna call it..lol..but it is the best me and i have been weaving for a long time..prices are a bit more..but the hair lasts..

Miz_Complexity said:
My brand is Harlem 125 yaki. I think Silky is to straight and it dont match my texture that well. I also think that the Lisa line is ok.

MC, I have never seen this kind in the BSS, but I did see it online. How bad does this kind tangle?

Thanks

asummertyme said:
i only buy hair from lugo's (for curley) or Mona's for strait hair..wich is right across the street from lugo's on flatbush..u can check out my album..i have pics of curly and strait..all of the hair is remy, cuticle or whatever ya wanna call it..lol..but it is the best me and i have been weaving for a long time..prices are a bit more..but the hair lasts..

oooh, i live close to the flatbush junction. what is the address for mona's. i'll go check them and mona's out next tuesday.

ETA: thanks for the response guys. i definitely want something that is easy to blend in. I am a 3c/4a and i am 4 weeks post relaxer. definitely nothing too silky.

Last edited:
I am also a Lugo's wet n'wavy girl & an Adorables French refined girl!
I am so excied that Lugo's is near my job in the east village. I have to go there tomorrow to buy some hair. Adorables is getting very, very expensive.

asummertyme said:

I really like your curly weave. I was looking at your album, VERY NICE! What kind of weave is it that you used? I've been wanting to try a curly weave. I noticed that you wet the hair, is that how you got it curly? Also where exactly on flatbush is lugo's? I think i'm going to have to go to BK to get my hair! I can't find exactly what I'm looking for on jamaica ave. That's where I get my hair.

tionette, not sure about the exact address but if you call 411, they will give you the #........it';s called lugo's hair center..thats where i get my curlies from...

blue...i wet the hair after i weave it..if u noticed in the pics, the hair is bushy so when u wet it down, it becomes very curly and beautiful...it will be worth the trip to brooklyn blue..u can reuse the hair..i have my hair in a zip loc bag, and i just go back to lugo's and get maybe 20-30 bucks worth of new hair and reuse the old...i have had that hair for a long time, amd it is still poppin and crackin...lol..u will loke it alot..

Lugo's hair Center
20 Snyder Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11226
Main Phone: 718-284-0370
Fax: 718-282-5817

cant find the number to mona's..but its right across the street from lugos..next to KFC

blaxalrose said:
too bad lugos doesn't sell on line..they could clean up.
thats what in talkin bout...but i guess the get soooo much buisness, they dont care..anygiven day u could go there and you will have to sit and wait and take a #, off the hook..i think it gets that busy also b/c , wendy williams talks about lugo's All the time and they know it..

asummertyme said:
Lugo's hair Center
20 Snyder Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11226
Main Phone: 718-284-0370
Fax: 718-282-5817

cant find the number to mona's..but its right across the street from lugos..next to KFC
thanks girl!!!!

Back