We Found Love In A Hopeless Place

runwaydream

So I'm watching Rhianna's new video for the first time. And I've completely worn out the replay button. The reason why I'm so obsessed with this video is because it is almost exactly like my first relationship, sans excessive drug use. He was a beautiful starving artist and me and him lived together in his apt with his roommate but basically just stayed in his tiny room, we did everything together, went everywhere together, was completely and totally infatuated with each other and lived only for one another. Our relationship was incredibly intense, passionate, possessive, obsessive... it was beautiful. Beautiful and toxic in the worst and best way possible. We had no money but that seemed to add to the beauty and passion of it all. Our fights were scary, sometimes physical but our make ups were magical and incredibly physical, lol.

Looking back it was something that had to end eventually. We couldn't go on like that forever, but losing him made me want to die. He was that much a part of me. It took me 3 years to get over. During the time when I was trying to move on, I wished I never met him, being without him just hurt too much. But now, looking back, I wouldn't change a thing and I'm so glad it happened. I have so many good memories from it.

Watching the video got me wondering about everyone else on here. Has anyone ever had a relationship as intense and as passionate as the one Rhianna had in her video? If so, tells us about it. And are you still in this relationship? How did it end? Would you ever want a relationship like that again? I know I probably wouldn't want one as intense as the one I was in, idt something like that can last in the long run. But I do miss the "we live only for each other, no one else matters" crazy in love/lust/like/infatuation relationship. The video made me nostalgic. Looking forward to the responses.

Here's a link to the video if you haven't seen it: http://www.whosay.com/rihanna/videos/81494

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that. I enjoyed reading your post. I've never experienced anything like that but I was close with my ex.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

I can totally relate, a intense relationship and he need to be my everything and I was looking for a everything, then he walked away on V-day sum years ago and I definitely left like I was gonna die, it's been sum years now and Im still working on the issues of us. But I can look back and say God ends things for a reason and it would of never worked. We def found love in a hopeless place, for the both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you for sharing that. I enjoyed reading your post. I've never experienced anything like that but I was close with my ex.

gabulldawg what do you mean you were "close" what happened?

and yw, that video really brought back some memories

I can totally relate, a intense relationship and he need to be my everything and I was looking for a everything, then he walked away on V-day sum years ago and I definitely left like I was gonna die, it's been sum years now and Im still working on the issues of us. But I can look back and say God ends things for a reason and it would of never worked. We def found love in a hopeless place, for the both of us.

Valentines day, that must have hurt like crazy. Mine was on a downward spiral, so when it ended for real I was ready for it and it was no surprise, but that didn't make it hurt any less. Sometimes I think though that way is painful, having it slowly come to an end, it's better than being blindsided.

I was in a relationship like this before. Crazy, crazy times. No drugs though. I'm not a crazy person, but I swear I was temporarily insane from dealing with him.

I remember one time I went to his house, got mad and ended up walking out in my pajamas at like 1am in the morning. I didnt have my car but I probably lived about 2 miles from his house which would've been about a 30 minute walk. Anyway, so he comes looking for me in his car and finally finds me and is yelling at me to get in the car. I keep telling him no and continue walking.

Finally, he jumps out the car and pulls me in. He starts driving and we're yelling at each other and what not. Finally, I was like *** this...and I jumped out of a moving.a$$.vehicle cause I did NOT want to be around him at the time. Then he ended up having to save me. LMAO.

I was in a relationship like this before. Crazy, crazy times. No drugs though. I'm not a crazy person, but I swear I was temporarily insane from dealing with him.

I remember one time I went to his house, got mad and ended up walking out in my pajamas at like 1am in the morning. I didnt have my car but I probably lived about 2 miles from his house which would've been about a 30 minute walk. Anyway, so he comes looking for me in his car and finally finds me and is yelling at me to get in the car. I keep telling him no and continue walking.

Finally, he jumps out the car and pulls me in. He starts driving and we're yelling at each other and what not. Finally, I was like *** this...and I jumped out of a moving.a$$.vehicle cause I did NOT want to be around him at the time. Then he ended up having to save me. LMAO.

That's such a funny/crazy story. Sounds like something that could have happened with us. As to the bolded, exactly, looking back i can't believe some of the crazy things I did when I was with him. That boy made me insane but I loved and hated every minute of it.

Haven't seen the video, but from what OP described yes I have experienced this. It lasted several months.

I too wonder whether something so fiery and intense could last a lifetime. I hope I find someone so plugged into me that he knows my thoughts and fears before I even speak them... whose life experiences are similar enough that he understands and accepts every hidden part of me...someone with whom we have a secret language that noone else understands (every innocuous word has a double meaning to us)...we vibe so deeply almost instantly...we discover that this is the person we have been dreaming about for years...we can stare into each other's eyes for 10 min or longer without saying a word because our hearts are speaking and hearing....

It was the most beautiful yet painful thing I have ever experienced. I could literally feel my heart shattering when I broke it off. It was like cutting half of myself off to walk away.

Haven't seen the video, but from what OP described yes I have experienced this. It lasted several months.

I too wonder whether something so fiery and intense could last a lifetime. I hope I find someone so plugged into me that he knows my thoughts and fears before I even speak them... whose life experiences are similar enough that he understands and accepts every hidden part of me...someone with whom we have a secret language that noone else understands (every innocuous word has a double meaning to us)...we vibe so deeply almost instantly...we discover that this is the person we have been dreaming about for years...we can stare into each other's eyes for 10 min or longer without saying a word because our hearts are speaking and hearing....

It was the most beautiful yet painful thing I have ever experienced. I could literally feel my heart shattering when I broke it off. It was like cutting half of myself off to walk away.

:cry3:why'd you break it off?

slightly OT just saw this video for the first time. wasn't expecting to like it but it's actually really good.

I'm not a crazy person, but I swear I was temporarily insane from dealing with him.
QUOTE]

This statement is SOOO true. At times I thought I was going crazy but I know I am not.I can definitely relate. Extreme love/hate. Itseems karmic bc every relationship should not be like that, I would hope not...

slightly OT just saw this video for the first time. wasn't expecting to like it but it's actually really good.

Yeah, its a great video, pretty intense. So due to the video and this thread, I looked my ex up on fb. He's looking damn good. Better than I remembered. I msg'd him and he's doing well. I should probably quit while I'm ahead, I know.

Yep! My first love. I don't know if I ever want something that intense again, it was too much. We had the best time together but we argued almost just as much in the end. He'd hurt me, I'd hurt him, I thank God Im over it and we both departed though we still have a forever connection through our child.

Yeah, its a great video, pretty intense. So due to the video and this thread, I looked my ex up on fb. He's looking damn good. Better than I remembered. I msg'd him and he's doing well. I should probably quit while I'm ahead, I know.

:naughty: uh uh girl. Stop right there :hand:

good thread OP! real intense!

Right? I was excited about this thread bc I thought it was a great thread topic and was really looking forward to everyone's stories. But I guess it's either not that many ppl have been in a rlshp that intense or I'm the only one who thinks this topic is interesting, lol. Not as may responses as I'd hoped. But I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Watch yourself OP!

Sent from my SCH-R915 using SCH-R915

:naughty: uh uh girl. Stop right there :hand:

:hide: i KNOOOO!!! idk wth is happening to me. i think what it is, is that for 3 years i've held onto that anger and now i'm no longer angry. And bc i'm not angry anymore, it's easy to forget how badly he hurt me and that there was as much bad as there was good. but it's kind of like how the video says. "you almost wish you could have all that bad stuff back, so that you can have the good." Lawd have mercy, what am I saying?

I loved that story. It would make an excellent book.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

As I was reading it over I thought that. This would make a really good book. I might have to embellish some though, to make it more interesting, lol. But it was so crazy that idt I'd have to embellish too much.

gabulldawg what do you mean you were "close" what happened?

and yw, that video really brought back some memories

Valentines day, that must have hurt like crazy. Mine was on a downward spiral, so when it ended for real I was ready for it and it was no surprise, but that didn't make it hurt any less. Sometimes I think though that way is painful, having it slowly come to an end, it's better than being blindsided.

it really hurts when u have no closure, but hey guess God was closure enough.

:cry3:why'd you break it off?

It ran its course and imploded at the end. :perplexed I cut all ties and we no longer communicate in any shape or form, which is for the best. :yep: I used to wish we could remain friends but I know it just wasn't possible. There was no grey between us, only black or white - it is or it isn't. And it isn't.

That experience really matured me. I can honestly say I have forgiven him, I have moved on emotionally, and I wish him all the best. I no longer need to know what that best looks like for him.

If I haven't learned anything else, that relationship (along with another one that ended) taught me how to LIVE fully, LOVE fully, and FORGIVE fully, which I used to struggle with for much of my life. :yep:

Last edited:

Damn you really f'd with my head right there. My ex was nothing like you wrote but I loved and lived for him. I left the city to get away.....beautifully God showed me love was more than my flesh...He gave me this love that shattered my insanity....

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

I did not have an intense relationship like that but my last breakup made us both crazy. It was very intense. We threatened each other and got physical. Its crazy but it made me think wow I didn't realize that we cared so much.lol

I am @ my ex's house right now.

*marking my spot*

ooh, girl. be careful. i know i may sound like a hypocrite seeing how i talked to my ex online but thats different bc he's in another state. idk how i would fare if i were to see him face to face, let alone go to his house. let us know what happens tho :popcorn:

I don't ever want to be in a relationship like that again.

Same here. The last relationship that I was in was intense. The relationship wasn't exactly like the video (no drug use), but I never thought that I'd find myself in a relationship like that at all. I was young and completely in love...totally unequally yoked...and blind. When we broke up the first time, I thought that I was going to die...seriously. My body ached, I didn't want to sleep...nothing. Got over that break up by getting back together again. The whole relationship was a vicious cycle.

I knew the relationship wasn't right in the beginning, but I had no idea that it would continue for so long. I honestly think that I just didn't have much self-esteem...kind of ironic b/c few people would've ever thunk it. I finally ended up moving from OH to TX and cutting off all communication...although he tries to contact me via text messages.

I don't ever want to be involved in anything like that ever again in my life...and I won't. I know my worth. Thank God he got me outta that mess.

:hide: i KNOOOO!!! idk wth is happening to me. i think what it is, is that for 3 years i've held onto that anger and now i'm no longer angry. And bc i'm not angry anymore, it's easy to forget how badly he hurt me and that there was as much bad as there was good. but it's kind of like how the video says. "you almost wish you could have all that bad stuff back, so that you can have the good." Lawd have mercy, what am I saying?

As I was reading it over I thought that. This would make a really good book. I might have to embellish some though, to make it more interesting, lol. But it was so crazy that idt I'd have to embellish too much.

I wouldn't mind if u added a little bit to it. :-D Let me know when the book comes out!!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Back