Washing my hair seems to reset it...

Washing my hair resets it so I can start over!

• Yes! washing my hair puts it back on track.

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Yes! I wash my hair on a schedule, but it fixes any issues I've made between washes

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No, washing my hair does nothing but make it wet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I wash my hair on a schedule, not after a mistake

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThePerfectScore

I feel like after any mistake I've made with my hair washing it resets it. Either the traditional shampoo and conditioner wash, or just co-washing.

Last night I applied Sulfur Solutions hair serum complex to my scalp and Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil with Ginseng to the hair, put on a shower cap and my microfiber head band, and went to sleep.

Well when I woke up this morning, it wasn't the miracle I expected. My new growth (I'm 5 or 6 months post relaxer... I don't keep track) was a poofy tangled afro that was dry, my relaxed ends were wet and gummy to the touch. So I just sprayed some Aphogee Green Tea Keratin in it and thought I'd go one with my day. Well for some reason my scalp was itching like crazy, I knew I couldn't go on.

So I co-washed with Pantene Relaxed and Natural anti break condish, Detangled my hair and letting it air dry. Now instead of my poofy afro I was working, my new growth is back to its wavy, coily state.

Am I the only one who after jacking up their hair immediately thinks to wash it?

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what happened there... Maybe you're allergic to the Sulfur Solutions you put on your scalp, thus the itching? As for your hair being wet in teh morning, maybe your scalp sweats at night?
And yes, when something isn't working with a stlye I want, I usually wet it (or wash it) to start again!

I'm really not sure what happened there... Maybe you're allergic to the Sulfur Solutions you put on your scalp, thus the itching? As for your hair being wet in teh morning, maybe your scalp sweats at night?
And yes, when something isn't working with a stlye I want, I usually wet it (or wash it) to start again!

I've used the sulfur solutions a million times on my scalp, but have never placed a shower cap on top of it....

Yeah I guess I do get sweaty at night when there is a shower cap on top... so I think the itching came from my scalp not being dry last night.

I honestly have no clue, but since I've washed it my hair is fine. Lesson learned... haha

If my hair feels really weird... I have to soap wash or clarify my hair then use a protein con (light or more) following up by DCing with a moisturising con to completely 'reset' my hair. Sometimes I even use porosity control.

Good to know you fixed the issue, maybe clarify as well?

Washing my hair weekly feels like a reset as well, but not necessarily from any issues or mistakes I've made per say. After I was and DC, my hair feels light and airy, like it has a clean slate to start a new week with.

washing my hair sets it bakc on track. thats why i love washing it..
its like a fresh start everytime. i just love that clean feeling.

I only style my hair when it's wet, so if it dries and I don't like the way it looks I have to wet my hair to try again. It works, especially when I'm in a pinch.

I did the same thing yesterday (sort of). I attempted a braid out on Saturday, and it looked terrible, so last night I conditioner washed with AO HSR to get my hair back on track again. I hadn't been planning to wash again until tonight, but, I knew that a wash would get me back on track.

I don't know about reseting it, but I feel that after I have made a mess with my hair or have put a wrong product on my hair that my hair did not like, I go and wash my hair to get all of that stuff off and then I try again. So I guess in a way I did reset it. I like starting with a clean slate. So I will really know what my hair likes and does not like. Also it makes me feel like I am not putting on products after product after product. It makes my hair feel, not so waighed down. I like the light airy clean feeling.

you're not the only one. it seems like the thing to do because i think my hair is so much easier to handle loaded with condish and water. when its drying wrong, i refuse to touch it lol. i just wash again. anyway, this is OT, but what is your review of the Pantene Anti-Breakage line?

you're not the only one. it seems like the thing to do because i think my hair is so much easier to handle loaded with condish and water. when its drying wrong, i refuse to touch it lol. i just wash again. anyway, this is OT, but what is your review of the Pantene Anti-Breakage line?

I've only used the anti-breakage conditioner b/c it was 99 cents at CVS... I think they discontinued it though....but I like it! I wouldn't call it a heavy protien, but as a super light protein it does it's job. I just use it for co-washes, totally reversed the gumminess of my relaxed ends today... its easy to detangle with the condish...

Back