WASH out Relaxer in the Sink or Shower??

Do you wash out your relaxer in the sink or shower?

• Yes

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Heck No!!

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Happily Me*

I'm going to texlax today and I have a lot of dishes in the sink and i'm feeling kinda lazy.

Have your ever washed out your relaxer in the shower?

I always rinse out i the shower. Its easier and you can focus on your nape and edges better.

Yes, I always did this before. I just tilt my head back so that nothing gets in my eyes. It was much easier to me than washing my relaxer out in the sink. But now that I have hard water I wash my relaxer out with bottle water and that has to be done hanging over the tub or sink. You should be fine.

Yes, I always did this before. I just tilt my head back so that nothing gets in my eyes. It was much easier to me than washing my relaxer out in the sink. But now that I have hard water I wash my relaxer out with bottle water and that has to be done hanging over the tub or sink. You should be fine.

Do they sell a shower attachment to soften the water?

I usually wash it in the sink, but I've done it in the shower before.

I used the shampoo cape that I normally use when applying henna. I turned it around so the longer side protected my back.

Weird, but it worked. Got a raincoat/poncho? :grin:

I usually wash it in the sink, but I've done it in the shower before.

I used the shampoo cape that I normally use when applying henna. I turned it around so the longer side protected my back.

Weird, but it worked. Got a raincoat/poncho? :grin:

nope :(

i'll probably tilt my head back. Oh, I have a detachable shower head tho.

I have a detachable shower head too.....But I would never rinse out a relaxer in the shower.......Just doesn't seem hygienic ...Chemicals running to your butt and down to your to your stuff....If I use the wrong soap down there things go wrong.....:nono:

Sink for me ......

I believe the water instantly lowers the ph of the relaxer. Harmless, bending over the sink is more risky, getting it on your face or in your eye.

I have a detachable shower head too.....But I would never rinse out a relaxer in the shower.......Just doesn't seem hygienic ...Chemicals running to your butt and down to your to your stuff....If I use the wrong soap down there things go wrong.....:nono:

Sink for me ......

yeah, i'm very sensitive down there

\hmmm
I sooo lazy right now tho. Its dishes, or texlax. My hair is dreading and i have mad knots soooo, i'm leaning more towards texlaxing.

I'll try to protect my booty :lol:

I neutralize real good so I wash in the sink. It's been known to take me 45 minutes to truly rinse the relaxer from my hair and if I were to do it in the shower, I couldn't possible stay in the shower that long..

Since I have a detachable shower head, I bend over the side of the tub and rinse out my relaxer.
Like the other ladies, I am nervous about rinsing out in the shower and have the relaxer go on my body.

yeah, i'm very sensitive down there

\hmmm
I sooo lazy right now tho. Its dishes, or texlax. My hair is dreading and i have mad knots soooo, i'm leaning more towards texlaxing.

I'll try to protect my booty :lol:

Ok the mother in me is speaking...Get in there :bat: and do them :doingdishes: .....LOL

If I even attempted to wash my hair out in the sink, it'll be one big matted ball of mess.:look:

I wash mines out in the shower.

And I'm happy to report no relaxed pubes, and my booty is doing just fine!:yep:

If I even attempted to wash my hair out in the sink, it'll be one big matted ball of mess.:look:

I wash mines out in the shower.

And I'm happy to report no relaxed pubes, and my booty is doing just fine!:yep:

my hair was matted before i even started. The last time i texlaxed in Jan, it REALLY looked like i didn't relax at all, i had about 1.5 inches then...

I have to admit that i didn't even bother making parts, i just stuck my finger in between sections.. I thought I'd worry about dematting after I deep conditioned. I have been detangling with my fingers almost every night. no matter what i did I got matted/tangled/beginning dreads in the morning even after sleeping with a scarf. I was like f' this!! I'm not detangling like this again!! :nono:

my pubes are intact with texture :lol: and i'm reporting that so far, so good on the booty :lol:

Ok the mother in me is speaking...Get in there :bat: and do them :doingdishes: .....LOL

those dishes gone have to wait until tomorrow!! :lol: Almost every dish is dirty(i'm single and live alone and although i don't have THAT many dishes, but still...)

I just ordered some chinese food, i'm deep conditioning right now and just relaxing :grin:

always in the shower.

PO'd at Miz for not making sure I knew 2 years ago to rinse in the shower I just found out 2 relaxers ago.

I relaxed yesterday and rinsed it out in the sink. My shower is not working right so I had to use the sink.

I use both shower and sink. People in my house like to take long showers and hot water doesn't last long sometimes. On relaxer nights if no one took a shower in my house within a 2 hour period b/c hot water goes away faster in the shower then I use the sink. When I use the sink I will lay on my back and rinse out.

Traycee you so funny and you got a point about relaxer going into certain locations. LOL!!!:lachen:

Back