WASH out Relaxer in the Sink or Shower??

Do you wash out your relaxer in the sink or shower?

• Yes

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Heck No!!

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always washed my relaxer out in the shower and never had any problems. I don't trust the sink to get out all of the relaxer in my hair.

I've always used the shower. I work with my back to the water and just tilt my head backwards with my back arched to rinse the front/crown. I turn sideways to do the sides - "nether regions" have never been texlaxed or endangered. :lachen: I always figured the shower was best because it didn't require me to flip my hair over the top and then have to flip it back to normal - I always tangled if I did that. The water pressure is high enough that the relaxer that is rinsed out streams right off of me.

yup i use to do it bent over the bathtub. more space, better water pressure.

Ditto. I go for the most water pressure. Which reminds me Sylver, I gotta go find your scarf method. Love that.

Dyslla, as much hair as you have you better have fire hydrant pressure in that shower...lol. Umm and the other thing is you can't get close enough in the shower as you would be able to in the tub or sink. I want to get that water ON my scalp to make sure I get all the relaxer off.

I took my twists down two days ago, relaxed yesterday. Rinsed for almost 20 minutes and then did conditioner and then rinsed again then washed with neutralizing shampoo. Today...my hair smells like relaxer again.:wallbash:

Just more justification for why I have to wash it again...I love daily washing when I don't have twists.

I shampoo relaxers out in the sink only, I do not want any of the relaxer chemicals to get on me, no matter how careful i think the sink is way better and safer since your dealing with a chemical.

**and I wash my sink with disinfectant before and after I do any hair washing/conditioning.

Last edited:
I wash relaxer out in the sink, don't want chemicals running down my neck and back or touching much of my skin for that matter..........

Back