Was it that bad? (pic)

missnappylady

I did my first full head weave this past weekend and took it out within 8 hours. First of all, I had mixed feeling about wearing a weave and then my bf had to say I looked strange.
Anyway, I ended up taking it out because, I didn't want to go to work looking and feeling stupid. I would love to try it again sometime though (maybe I just needed a different style and hair?). Did it really look THAT bad?!?

I think it looks professional. Now, I would like to see it with some waves or curls, but I WISH I could make the style you did in the pic. He just wasn't used to seeing you like that. Let one of his friends or a stranger compliment you...he'll be changing his opinion just that quick:lachen: For real!:yep:

I does not look bad at all. I think your BF is just used to seeing you with your hair and this was different for him. You know how our guys are girl. My BF told me that my braids felt "rough" :look: I still don't know what he meant - they felt fine to me. I think he is just used to touching my soft hair and tried it with the braids. :lachen:

She got it really flat on top - that is great.

But, I bet your own hair suits you a whole lot better. :grin:

Thanks Ladies! I don't know what it is about me and weaves, this is the 2nd time I took it out in less than a day. I do it on other people then when I do it on myself... I chicken out. Geechy, I think you're right, it would have been better with either wavy or curly hair. The change was probably too drastic. Also, the hair looked way more phony than it does in the picture.

Last edited:
it doesn't look bad.

but yeah when i had my natural hair i could never wear a straight weave, i wore a weave once that was curly, it looked similar to Kelis' hair. Maybe you can try a texture like that next time and see if you (and BF) like that better..?

or just rock your hair, it looks BEAUTIFUL! :yep:

Nope. I think it looks nice you just needed your confidence to be at the same level as the style :grin:. Next time, wear your weave like you own it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Thanks Ladies! I don't know what it is about me and weaves, this is the 2nd time I took it out in less than a day. I do it on other people then when I do it on myself... I chicken out. Geechy, I think you're right, it would have been better with either wavy or curly hair. The change was probably too drastic. Also, the hair looked way more phony than it does in the picture.

I know how you feel. I got a weave in last December and took it out in 2 days. Another one only lasted 3 weeks or so. I know how you feel. I don't think weaves are for everyone.

I see some people rocking them with no problems. I wish that I could do that.

It doesn't look bad at all! You did a very beautiful and professional looking weave. I wish that I had your skills.

I think your bf would find it less "shocking" and you would feel less uneasy if you got a curly weave that is closer in texture to your own hair. Only because whenever hair looks good, everyone immediately suspects a weave. And yes there are people who don't care if everyone knows they're sporting a weave, but if I wore one, I'd want people not to be able to tell for sure.

So perhaps if you did a curly one...then next time a wavy one...then gradually advanced to straight....people would get used to seeing "your hair" worn differently so there'd be less of the shock factor. Or you could get a curly weave of human hair so that you had the option of wearing it curly or straight. For the look to grow on your bf and even you, just make the change as subtle as possible...and in time, straight will be so you that no one will even suspect it isn't all yours.

That said, it does look very professional. (Do you press your hair? If you do, guess you could wear it straight for a few days and keep changing the style you wear it in, so that when you suddenly show up with bangs, no one will be any the wiser. And if you plan on wearing a weave much longer than your own hair, start with updos or styles that don't show the length eg buns, and gradually let your hair down. I bet you someone will say, "I don't know why you wear your hair up all the time; it's beautiful down! :lol: )

Last edited:
I think it looks very pretty:yep:I wish I could do my own weave, you would be able to tell me nothin'!

I agree with the other posters, I think you just need a minute to let it grow on you. Next time try to give it a day or so, then see how you feel.

HoneyDew: Yea! I really admire them too. I would love to wear weaves comfortably.

Nonie: That's a good idea, to gradually transition to straight. I wish my hair would press that straight but, it's a full head weave (no hair out).

DELECIE: Thank you so much! I had lots of volunteers to practice on.

Luvmylife & Mystic: You're both right, I need to relax and enjoy the hair.

Last edited:
I think it's sexy. :blush:

Me too! Its very very very cute! I also think it looks perfect how it is, with or without curls and fits your face perfectly

I had the same expericne, i didnt wear weaves untill starting my hair journy and learning of the C&G method.
The thing is, people get so used to seeing you with a certain style, that anything else has to grow on them.
But it doesnt matter what they like & dont. Just do what you like and what you think flatters you most. After a while you wont feel like you have any restraints and that you cant step out of the ususal, and people will just know that your hair always looks nice and that you are versatile. Not that her hair looks nice, but she can/does/should only wear her natural hair in this or that style

Its like when you first wear makeup or heels and feel alittle crazy. People will get used to & appreciate it.

Me too! Its very very very cute! I also think it looks perfect how it is, with or without curls and fits your face perfectly

I had the same expericne, i didnt wear weaves untill starting my hair journy and learning of the C&G method.
The thing is, people get so used to seeing you with a certain style, that anything else has to grow on them.
But it doesnt matter what they like & dont. Just do what you like and what you think flatters you most. After a while you wont feel like you have any restraints and that you cant step out of the ususal, and people will just know that your hair always looks nice and that you are versatile. Not that her hair looks nice, but she can/does/should only wear her natural hair in this or that style

Its like when you first wear makeup or heels and feel alittle crazy. People will get used to & appreciate it.

LOL! That's a great way to put it. I DID feel crazy!

Thank you for the compliments!

Back