Warning: Strong Meat here!!!!!!

Christianity's ministry against homosexuality has been steeped in lies, bigotry, and outright hate.

Perhaps it's time for Christian's to rethink their strategy, since it appears that while a couple battles may have been won, they've definitely lost the war. It's possible to take a stand in love, maybe Christian's should try it.

Now this is an 'extreme' exerageration. :yep: :nono: :yep:

how do you suggest this take place? it seems like anytime one speaks against the lifestyle by expressing the truth of the bible or just simple disagreement with the act then one is labeled a bigot and/or hater.

You are not only on point, but you spoke all of this in love. :yep:

This is why it is important stand firm on true Biblical principles. In these last days, they will be attacked from every angle - the issue of homosexuality is just one. As far as pastors who seem as though they are not taking a stand or some people who are on their dying bed etc., the Lord knows their heart and level of sincerity. The same goes for all of us. God tells us in His Word...

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So it is true that not everyone who cries out "Lord, Lord" will make it. God is looking for those who truly love Him and live by the light that is given them.

It most certainly is....what I see is a person who doesn't even have a clue:nono:
I left you a voice mail this morning before my train went underground (before I lost the signal :rolleyes:). Gotta love those 'L's' .... :lol:

When I think about how 'we' (as Blacks) were bashed and harrassed by gays after Prop 8.... I wonder... who are the true haters. :nono:

Christians saying 'no' to homosexuality and standing firm upon it, doesn't mean we hate homosexuals.

Why am I explaining this? :rolleyes: No matter what I say or don't say, unless it pro-gay, it's going to be judged as hatred.

I'm out to please God, not man.

What did blazingthru say that was bad? Accusing people of being followers of the enemy is kinda taking it a little far. Everyone who has a dissenting opinion about a topic is not a minion of Satan.

Thank you...it's so sad that some have resorted to labeling others in such a manner or stating that someone doesn't have clue simply due to differences in beliefs. If that how we react to others, how will we win souls for the Lord?

I left you a voice mail this morning before my train went underground (before I lost the signal :rolleyes:). Gotta love those 'L's' .... :lol:

When I think about how 'we' (as Blacks) were bashed and harrassed by gays after Prop 8.... I wonder... who are the true haters. :nono:

Christians saying 'no' to homosexuality and standing firm upon it, doesn't mean we hate homosexuals.

Why am I explaining this? :rolleyes: No matter what I say or don't say, unless it pro-gay, it's going to be judged as hatred.

I'm out to please God, not man.
I haven't turned my phone on yet...I will call you later when you get off.

I'm learning that just because people say "I'm a christian", don't mean anything anymore.

Hearing what people say, tells where they truly are in this life.

Just for folks to know, I had a cousin who got killed because he was a homosexual. The person killed him and didn't think anything of it. Come to find out the person who killed him was NOT a Christian! :yep:

I loved him, hated the sin he was involved in. No one deserves to die the way he did...no one.

This is why it is important stand firm on true Biblical principles. In these last days, they will be attacked from every angle - the issue of homosexuality is just one. As far as pastors who seem as though they are not taking a stand or some people who are on their dying bed etc., the Lord knows their heart and level of sincerity. The same goes for all of us. God tells us in His Word...

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So it is true that not everyone who cries out "Lord, Lord" will make it. God is looking for those who truly love Him and live by the light that is given them.

Thank you for saying this! It's a point that I think totally got missed and misunderstood.

I haven't turned my phone on yet...I will call you later when you get off.

I'm learning that just because people say "I'm a christian", don't mean anything anymore.

Hearing what people say, tells where they truly are in this life.

Just for folks to know, I had a cousin who got killed because he was a homosexual. The person killed him and didn't think anything of it. Come to find out the person who killed him was NOT a Christian! :yep:

I loved him, hated the sin he was involved in. No one deserves to die the way he did...no one.
I'm sorry about your cousin.... :giveheart: I know you loved him and that you still do.

We're in a spiritual battle and at the end, All will bow and say Jesus is Lord.

Just by this alone, I will stay out of the CF.

Blessings to all of you.

You know what? I haven't read this thread and I probably won't and I know that sometimes Jesus walked away (well, only one time He did) but the rest of those times He stood His ground so my dear sis, know that you are not standing ALONE....

***I gotta dash because my interview just showed up but TRUST, I'll be back to finish this post....***

I'm sorry about your cousin.... :giveheart: I know you loved him and that you still do.

We're in a spiritual battle and at the end, All will bow and say Jesus is Lord.
Thank you, sis. Yes, he was older but I loved him, nevertheless.

We are in a battle...its just a shame that we have to battle each other though....*sigh* No wonder the 'church' is in such disarray:nono:

You are right...every knee SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

You know what? I haven't read this thread and I probably won't and I know that sometimes Jesus walked away (well, only one time He did) but the rest of those times He stood His ground so my dear sis, know that you are not standing ALONE....

***I gotta dash because my interview just showed up but TRUST, I'll be back to finish this post....***
You are so right, sis...so right.

I'm going to the beach now...so I will return to read what you have to say:yep:

I'm gettin all tanned and stuff....:grin:

I'm so 'jealous' :lol: I'm so pale from the winter, I don't even need a light at night, I glow in the dark.

I guess this makes me a true Light... :lol:

You and hubby enjoy, You deserve this trip. :happydance: :rosebud:

For someone who is a Christian, it's interesting how quick you are to judge what I will and won't do. Let me clear up my stance since you've gotten it completely mistaken.

As I said from the beginning, my issue is the blatant prejudice and lies that were posted. To say that gays have 10-20 partners a week as part of the "gay lifestyle" is a gross exaggeration and just out and out wrong. Every gay person on the planet does not have 10-20 partners a week. Every gay person is not promiscuous. Every gay person is not spreading disease.

To lump a group of people together and assign negative attributes to all based on a few people's actions is not fair nor is it right. How are you recognizing an individuals humanity if you've already decided who they are, what they are, and how they act based on one characteristic?

Pointing out a false statement does not equal justification or support. If someone said the "black woman's lifestyle" includes being half naked and sleeping with men indiscriminately for money/things based on seeing black women in music videos or hearing about them in rap songs, you would be quick to point out the problem with that statement. That does not mean you are endorsing being a video girl.

Thank you for pointing this out. I initially skimmed the first post so quickly that I missed that statistic, which among other statements seems highly exaggerated. This is very true and it is sad that anyone would find it necessary to make those types of statement about people.

You're right. Nothing and no one here on this earth can change the fact that according to mainstream Christianity, homosexual acts are a sin. Nothing I said even implied different.

The only part of this I took issue with was the propaganda and outright untruths. It is not Christian to be prejudiced toward any group of people. It is not Christian to spread lies. As Christians, we should be worried about doing what's right so that we can be example to those we are trying to influence.

Amen!

If gays deserve to be treated as human beings, then we as Christians should be the first ones to make sure that we aren't breeding prejudice against them by supporting outrageous stereotypes.

Christianity's ministry against homosexuality has been steeped in lies, bigotry, and outright hate. Perhaps it's time for Christian's to rethink their strategy, since it appears that while a couple battles may have been won, they've definitely lost the war. It's possible to take a stand in love, maybe Christian's should try it.

Well said. We would win more souls for Him if many of us would change out attitude towards others

According to Matthew 12 and Luke 11 - Either you are for Him or against Him - there is no neutrality with God.

Thank you for the post. However, it had nothing to do with what I was referencing. Unfortunately, it wont matter because another Christian sister has been run out of the Christianity section after being called a follower of the enemy, leaving it to you all. Have fun :yep:

So there isn't anything to add to what I said!:grin: Relax, relate, release! While you're at the beach, lift up your eyes unto the hills... from whence do your help come? Your help cometh from the Lord, Maker of Heaven and earth!

Love ya!

So there isn't anything to add to what I said!:grin: Relax, relate, release! While you're at the beach, lift up your eyes unto the hills... from whence do your help come? Your help cometh from the Lord, Maker of Heaven and earth!

Love ya!
I've been waiting for at least 15 minutes for you to add:grin:...but, that's ok..I thank you for being a blessing to my life and for sharing your heart as a TRUE soldier in Christ!

I did have a wonderful couple of hours at the beach...I'm getting golden bronze and my hair is getting blond. I had to do a serious DC and now my hair feels wonderful:yep:

The one thing I know is that God is faithful....:yep:

Love you too!

I just will never ever get why anyone is really that worried about 'another's' sin

I'm sure they got their own to worry about plenty

I just will never ever get why anyone is really that worried about 'another's' sin

I'm sure they got their own to worry about plenty

It's not about worring about another's sin but about defending the faith and ensuring its integrity and ensuring that it is not misrepresented.

And when sins and people accumulate and attempt to threaten the faith, it is up to the saints of the Lord to DEFEND the faith. The kingdom suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

That means fighting the good fight of faith in love, but at the same time, Jesus wasn't no punk.

It's not about worring about another's sin but about defending the faith and ensuring its integrity and ensuring that it is not misrepresented.

And when sins and people accumulate and attempt to threaten the faith, it is up to the saints of the Lord to DEFEND the faith. The kingdom suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

That means fighting the good fight of faith in love, but at the same time, Jesus wasn't no punk.

Well girl like I said I am still lost

I cant spend the energy to 'hate' the sin of another, thats God's job, now I dont know what all went on in this thread, dont want to really. folks can do what they want, not my job to judge either side of the coin

my mission is to walk in love.

just saying if there was any 'hate' in this thread , all over the sin of another, it was not of God anyway

Well girl like I said I am still lost

I cant spend the energy to 'hate' the sin of another, thats God's job, now I dont know what all went on in this thread, dont want to really. folks can do what they want, not my job to judge either side of the coin

my mission is to walk in love.

just saying if there was any 'hate' in this thread , all over the sin of another, it was not of God anyway

Hate, the term or the concept, is nowhere in my post. I have little to no tolerance for the okey-doke move that says love isn't present when the Word of God is appropriately and accurately outlined and applied in a situation.

Yes, there's a way to say and do things...in love.... ON ANY SUBJECT. And at the same time, when it's time to match clown for clown, as it were, well, a lukewarm Christian can't do much.

I don't know what has gone down in this thread, either. But I would say the same thing in terms of defending the faith.

Hate, the term or the concept, is nowhere in my post. I have little to no tolerance for the okey-doke move that says love isn't present when the Word of God is appropriately and accurately outlined and applied in a situation.

Yes, there's a way to say and do things...in love.... ON ANY SUBJECT. And at the same time, when it's time to match clown for clown, as it were, well, a lukewarm Christian can't do much.

I don't know what has gone down in this thread, either. But I would say the same thing in terms of defending the faith.

I'm confused mama, nothing was directed at you whatsoever

neither of us know LOL

But I too would still say the same about LOVE

HUGS

I'm confused mama, nothing was directed at you whatsoever

neither of us know LOL

But I too would still say the same about LOVE

HUGS

My apologies. My posts were not directed at you personally. I know I quoted you but I had just found the words to articulate my :wallbash: when I see an okey-doke move happen and I lept.

My sincere apologies.

I'm totally serious! AND I'm fully aware of heterosexuals who are passing STD's around as well. It all falls in line with sexual sin.

To wit... how does any of what you share 'JUSTIFY' homosexuality? It is unrepented sin.

The difference with heterosexuals is that they can repent of their sexual sin...stop; cease from the sinful sexual activity. homosexuals choose not to. Instead they choose to continue with their activity.

Why would any Chrisitian support this?

For any Christian to come to the defense of homosexuality, is denial of the Cross upon where Jesus died for ALL sins, not some but all. Which obviously says that homosexuals do not have to remain in their sinful state of being.

I can't speak for another poster, but I don't think she was trying to justify homosexuality. But that line about 10-20 partners per week was unjustified propoganda. Think of it this way. If you were caught in the sin of stealing wouldn't you be upset if someone said you also committed aggravated assault while stealing? It's like dag, why add to the sin. Whether someone is involved in promiscuous homosexual relations or monogamous, it's still a sin. However, being homosexual doesn't equate to promiscuity any more than heterosexuality equates to chastity.
I could be wrong, but I think that's all that was being said.

I can't speak for another poster, but I don't think she was trying to justify homosexuality. But that line about 10-20 partners per week was unjustified propoganda. Think of it this way. If you were caught in the sin of stealing wouldn't you be upset if someone said you also committed aggravated assault while stealing? It's like dag, why add to the sin. Whether someone is involved in promiscuous homosexual relations or monogamous, it's still a sin.

However, being homosexual doesn't equate to promiscuity any more than heterosexuality equates to chastity.
I could be wrong, but I think that's all that was being said.

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no3/lehrman.pdf

Morbidity, Mortality, and Morality:
the Social Impact of Homosexuality

A striking but little-discussed aspect of homosexual activity today is it's associated reduction in behavioral control. We all have forbidden sexual drives that we restrain, but for those engaging in homosexual behavior, that restraint seems much reduced.

One result has been blatant promiscuity among homosexuals.

A 1978 study reported that:

75 percent of male homosexuals had been with 100 or more partners;
28 percent, the largest subcategory, reported more than 1,000 partners;
79 percent said more than half their partners were strangers; and
79 percent said more than half their partners were men with whom they had sex only once.

Another survey 16 years later found that while...

67.6 percent of men and 75.5 percent of women had only one sex partner in the previous year, only 2.6 percent of men and 1.2 percent of women engaging in same-sex relationships had thus limited themselves.

Supporters of homosexuality, and advocates of gay marriage, rarely acknowledge the many partners gays have including those living together as couples.

The medical dangers of homosexuality are also underemphasized.

Its devotees show much higher rates of sexually transmitted disease, substance abuse, and mental illness.

While they comprise only about 2 percent of the population, homosexuals represented 21 percent of hepatitis B cases in 1988, and 44 percent of new human immuno deficiency virus (HIV) cases between 2000 and 2003. They contract syphilis at a rate three to four times higher than nonhomosexuals.

Anal intercourse causes hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anorectal trauma, and retained foreign bodies, and creates high risk for anal cancer. Among male homosexuals engaging in oral-to-anal contact, an extremely high rate of parasitic and other intestinal infections exists.

Homosexuality is also associated with higher mortality.

A major Canadian medical center found the life expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men was 8 to 20 years less than that for all men.

It further estimated that nearly half of today.s gay and bisexual 20-year-olds would not reach their 65th birthday.

While the AMA's official statement on homosexuality mentions the need to work nonjudgmentally with the gay and lesbian community, in order to understand its members, medical needs, it says nothing about the unique nature of those needs or the promiscuous, disease-spreading behavior patterns that aggravate them.

It's encyclopedia article also omits any mention of associated medical dangers. And even though homosexuals seeking to change often succeed in doing so (frequently with the aid of therapy), the
AMA statement, by publicly opposing reparative or conversion therapy based on the assumption that the patient should change his/her homosexual orientation, seems to take an implicit
moral position of denying that such change should occur.

American concepts and attitudes about homosexuality have changed significantly in recent decades. Most of society and the medical profession now view it as an acceptable alternate lifestyle: a biologically determined, permanent orientation, rather than a learned, experiential, and often changeable choice.

The concept of homosexuality as a permanent orientation is, however, without scientific validation;

..... the notion is entirely politically grounded.

One effect of this new view has been to understate the medical and societal harm produced by the promiscuous sexual practices typically associated with homosexuality.
---------------------------------

This is serious..... :nono:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html

The Health Risks of Gay Sex

Introduction

Back in the early 1980s, while working at Beth Israel Hospital, I vividly remember seeing healthy young gay men dying of a mysterious disease that researchers only later identified as a sexually transmitted disease — AIDS. Over the years, I've seen many patients with that diagnosis die.
As a physician, it is my duty to assess behaviors for their impact on health and wellbeing. When something is beneficial, such as exercise, good nutrition, or adequate sleep, it is my duty to recommend it. Likewise, when something is harmful, such as smoking, overeating, alcohol or drug abuse, it is my duty to discourage it.

When sexual activity is practiced outside of marriage, the consequences can be quite serious. Without question, sexual promiscuity frequently spreads diseases, from trivial to serious to deadly. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 65 million Americans have an incurable sexually transmitted disease (STD).1

There are differences between men and women in the consequences of same-sex activity. But most importantly, the consequences of homosexual activity are distinct from the consequences of heterosexual activity. As a physician, it is my duty to inform patients of the health risks of gay sex, and to discourage them from indulging in harmful behavior.

I. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOMOSEXUAL AND HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS

The current media portrayal of gay and lesbian relationships is that they are as healthy, stable and loving as heterosexual marriages — or even more so.2 Medical associations are promoting somewhat similar messages.3 Nevertheless, there are at least five major areas of differences between gay and heterosexual relationships, each with specific medical consequences. Those differences include:

A. Levels of promiscuity
B. Physical health
C. Mental health
D. Life span
E. Definition of "monogamy"

A. Promiscuity

Gay author Gabriel Rotello notes the perspective of many gays that "Gay liberation was founded . . . on a 'sexual brotherhood of promiscuity,' and any abandonment of that promiscuity would amount to a 'communal betrayal of gargantuan proportions.'"4 Rotello's perception of gay promiscuity, which he criticizes, is consistent with survey results.

A far-ranging study of homosexual men published in 1978 revealed that 75 percent of self-identified, white, gay men admitted to having sex with more than 100 different males in their lifetime: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250- 499; 15 percent claimed 500-999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners.5

By 1984, after the AIDS epidemic had taken hold, homosexual men were reportedly curtailing promiscuity, but not by much. Instead of more than 6 partners per month in 1982, the average non-monogamous respondent in San Francisco reported having about 4 partners per month in 1984.6

In more recent years, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control has reported an upswing in promiscuity, at least among young homosexual men in San Francisco. From 1994 to 1997, the percentage of homosexual men reporting multiple partners and unprotected anal sex rose from 23.6 percent to 33.3 percent, with the largest increase among men under 25.7 Despite its continuing incurability, AIDS no longer seems to deter individuals from engaging in promiscuous gay sex.8

The data relating to gay promiscuity were obtained from self-identified gay men.

Some advocates argue that the average would be lower if closeted homosexuals were included in the statistics.9 That is likely true, according to data obtained in a 2000 survey in Australia that tracked whether men who had sex with men were associated with the gay community.

Men who were associated with the gay community were nearly four times as likely to have had more than 50 sex partners in the six months preceding the survey as men who were not associated with the gay community.10

This may imply that it is riskier to be "out" than "closeted." Adopting a gay identity may create more pressure to be promiscuous and to be so with a cohort of other more promiscuous partners.

Excessive sexual promiscuity results in serious medical consequences — indeed, it is a recipe for transmitting disease and generating an epidemic.11 The HIV/AIDS epidemic has remained a predominantly gay issue in the U.S. primarily because of the greater degree of promiscuity among gays.12 A study based upon statistics from 1986 through 1990 estimated that 20-year-old gay men had a 50 percent chance of becoming HIV positive by age 55.13

As of June 2001, nearly 64 percent of men with AIDS were men who have had sex with men.14 Syphilis is also more common among gay men. The San Francisco Public Health Department recently reported that syphilis among the city's gay and bisexual men was at epidemic levels. According to the San Francisco Chronicle:
"Experts believe syphilis is on the rise among gay and bisexual men because they are engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners, many of whom they met in anonymous situations such as sex clubs, adult bookstores, meetings through the Internet and in bathhouses. The new data will show that in the 93 cases involving gay and bisexual men this year, the group reported having 1,225 sexual partners."15
A study done in Baltimore and reported in the Archives of Internal Medicine found that gay men contracted syphilis at three to four times the rate of heterosexuals.16 Promiscuity is the factor most responsible for the extreme rates of these and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases cited below, many of which result in a shortened life span for men who have sex with men.

Promiscuity among lesbians is less extreme, but it is still higher than among heterosexual women.

Overall, women tend to have fewer sex partners than men.

But there is a surprising finding about lesbian promiscuity in the literature. Australian investigators reported that lesbian women were 4.5 times more likely to have had more than 50 lifetime male partners than heterosexual women (9 percent of lesbians versus 2 percent of heterosexual women); and 93 percent of women who identified themselves as lesbian reported a history of sex with men.17 Other studies similarly show that 75-90 percent of women who have sex with women have also had sex with men.18

B. Physical Health
Unhealthy sexual behaviors occur among both heterosexuals and homosexuals. Yet the medical and social science evidence indicate that homosexual behavior is uniformly unhealthy. Although both male and female homosexual practices lead to increases in Sexually Transmitted Diseases, the practices and diseases are sufficiently different that they merit separate discussion.

1. Male Homosexual Behavior
Men having sex with other men leads to greater health risks than men having sex with women19 not only because of promiscuity but also because of the nature of sex among men. A British researcher summarizes the danger as follows:
"Male homosexual behaviour is not simply either 'active' or 'passive,' since penile-anal, mouth-penile, and hand-anal sexual contact is usual for both partners, and mouth-anal contact is not infrequent. . . . Mouth-anal contact is the reason for the relatively high incidence of diseases caused by bowel pathogens in male homosexuals. Trauma may encourage the entry of micro-organisms and thus lead to primary syphilitic lesions occurring in the anogenital area. . . . In addition to sodomy, trauma may be caused by foreign bodies, including stimulators of various kinds, penile adornments, and prostheses."20
Although the specific activities addressed below may be practiced by heterosexuals at times, homosexual men engage in these activities to a far greater extent.21

a. Anal-genital
Anal intercourse is the sine qua non of sex for many gay men.22 Yet human physiology makes it clear that the body was not designed to accommodate this activity. The rectum is significantly different from the vagina with regard to suitability for penetration by a penis. The vagina has natural lubricants and is supported by a network of muscles.

It is composed of a mucus membrane with a multi-layer stratified squamous epithelium that allows it to endure friction without damage and to resist the immunological actions caused by semen and sperm. In comparison, the anus is a delicate mechanism of small muscles that comprise an "exit-only" passage. With repeated trauma, friction and stretching, the sphincter loses its tone and its ability to maintain a tight seal. Consequently, anal intercourse leads to leakage of fecal material that can easily become chronic.

The potential for injury is exacerbated by the fact that the intestine has only a single layer of cells separating it from highly vascular tissue, that is, blood. Therefore, any organisms that are introduced into the rectum have a much easier time establishing a foothold for infection than they would in a vagina. The single layer tissue cannot withstand the friction associated with penile penetration, resulting in traumas that expose both participants to blood, organisms in feces, and a mixing of bodily fluids.

Furthermore, ejaculate has components that are immunosuppressive. In the course of ordinary reproductive physiology, this allows the sperm to evade the immune defenses of the female. Rectal insemination of rabbits has shown that sperm impaired the immune defenses of the recipient.23 Semen may have a similar impact on humans.24

The end result is that the fragility of the anus and rectum, along with the immunosuppressive effect of ejaculate, make anal-genital intercourse a most efficient manner of transmitting HIV and other infections. The list of diseases found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal intercourse is alarming:

Anal Cancer
Chlamydia trachomatis
Cryptosporidium
Giardia lamblia
Herpes simplex virus
Human immunodeficiency virus
Human papilloma virus
Isospora belli
Microsporidia
Gonorrhea
Viral hepatitis types B & C
Syphilis25

Sexual transmission of some of these diseases is so rare in the exclusively heterosexual population as to be virtually unknown. Others, while found among heterosexual and homosexual practitioners, are clearly predominated by those involved in homosexual activity.

Syphilis, for example is found among heterosexual and homosexual practitioners. But in 1999, King County, Washington (Seattle), reported that 85 percent of syphilis cases were among self-identified homosexual practitioners.26 And as noted above, syphilis among homosexual men is now at epidemic levels in San Francisco.27

A 1988 CDC survey identified 21 percent of all Hepatitis B cases as being homosexually transmitted while 18 percent were heterosexually transmitted.28 Since homosexuals comprise such a small percent of the population (only 1-3 percent),29 they have a significantly higher rate of infection than heterosexuals.30

Anal intercourse also puts men at significant risk for anal cancer. Anal cancer is the result of infection with some subtypes of human papilloma virus (HPV), which are known viral carcinogens. Data as of 1989 showed the rates of anal cancer in male homosexual practitioners to be 10 times that of heterosexual males, and growing. 30 Thus, the prevalence of anal cancer among gay men is of great concern. For those with AIDS, the rates are doubled.31

Other physical problems associated with anal intercourse are:
hemorrhoids
anal fissures
anorectal trauma
retained foreign bodies.32

b. Oral-anal
There is an extremely high rate of parasitic and other intestinal infections documented among male homosexual practitioners because of oral-anal contact. In fact, there are so many infections that a syndrome called "the Gay Bowel" is described in the medical literature.33 "Gay bowel syndrome constitutes a group of conditions that occur among persons who practice unprotected anal intercourse, anilingus, or fellatio following anal intercourse."34 Although some women have been diagnosed with some of the gastrointestinal infections associated with "gay bowel," the vast preponderance of patients with these conditions are men who have sex with men.35
------------------
Much more of this study is Continued here....

This is serious business and the Truth is being denied by many of those who support the gay lifestyle. :nono::nono::nono:

I'm not fond of Craig Lewis, the person whose made the comments about the numerous sexual encounters by most gay men/women. But he wasn't off point. There is much promiscuity in this lifestyle; more instability than in heterosexual relationships. The multiple medical stats and studies are out there by those of and not of faith to prove it.

2. Female Homosexual Behavior

Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs and other health problems than heterosexuals.59 However, the health consequences of lesbianism are less well documented than for male homosexuals.

This is partly because the devastation of AIDS has caused male homosexual activity to draw the lion's share of medical attention. But it is also because there are fewer lesbians than gay men,60 and there is no evidence that lesbians practice the same extremes of same-sex promiscuity as gay men.

The lesser amount of medical data does not mean, however, that female homosexual behavior is without recognized pathology. Much of the pathology is associated with heterosexual activity by lesbians.

Among the difficulties in establishing the pathologies associated with lesbianism is the problem of defining who is a lesbian.61 Study after study documents that the overwhelming majority of self-described lesbians have had sex with men.62 Australian researchers at an STD clinic found that only 7 percent of their lesbian sample had never had sexual contact with a male.63

Not only did lesbians commonly have sex with men, but with lots of men. They were 4.5 times as likely as exclusively heterosexual controls to have had more than 50 lifetime male sex partners.64 Consequently, the lesbians' median number of male partners was twice that of exclusively heterosexual women.65 Lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV disease-homosexual, bisexual, or IV drug-abusing men.66

The study "demonstrates that WSW [women who have sex with women] are more likely than non- WSW to engage in recognized HIV risk behaviours such as IDU [intravenous drug use], sex work, sex with a bisexual man, and sex with a man who injects drugs, confirming previous reports."67

Bacterial vaginosis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, heavy cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse, intravenous drug use, and prostitution were present in much higher proportions among female homosexual practitioners.68 Intravenous drug abuse was nearly six times as common in this group.69

In one study of women who had sex only with women in the prior 12 months, 30 percent had bacterial vaginosis.70

Bacterial vaginosis is associated with higher risk for pelvic inflammatory disease and other sexually transmitted infections.71

In view of the record of lesbians having sex with many men, including gay men, and the increased incidence of intravenous drug use among lesbians, lesbians are not low risk for disease. Although researchers have only recently begun studying the transmission of STDs among lesbians, diseases such as "crabs," genital warts, chlamydia and herpes have been reported.72

Even women who have never had sex with men have been found to have HPV, trichomoniasis and anogenital warts.73

C. Mental Health
1. Psychiatric Illness
Multiple studies have identified high rates of psychiatric illness, including depression, drug abuse and suicide attempts, among selfprofessed gays and lesbians.74 Some proponents of GLB rights have used these findings to conclude that mental illness is induced by other people's unwillingness to accept same-sex attraction and behavior as normal. They point to homophobia, effectively defined as any opposition to or critique of gay sex, as the cause for the higher rates of psychiatric illness, especially among gay youth.75 Although homophobia must be considered as a potential cause for the increase in mental health problems, the medical literature suggests other conclusions.

An extensive study in the Netherlands undermines the assumption that homophobia is the cause of increased psychiatric illness among gays and lesbians. The Dutch have been considerably more accepting of same-sex relationships than other Western countries — in fact, same-sex couples now have the legal right to marry in the Netherlands.76 So a high rate of psychiatric disease associated with homosexual behavior in the Netherlands means that the psychiatric disease cannot so easily be attributed to social rejection and homophobia.

The Dutch study, published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, did indeed find a high rate of psychiatric disease associated with same-sex sex.77 Compared to controls who had no homosexual experience in the 12 months prior to the interview, males who had any homosexual contact within that time period were much more likely to experience major depression, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia and obsessive compulsive disorder.

Females with any homosexual contact within the previous 12 months were more often diagnosed with major depression, social phobia or alcohol dependence. In fact, those with a history of homosexual contact had higher rates of nearly all psychiatric pathologies measured in the study.78 The researchers found "that homosexuality is not only associated with mental health problems during adolescence and early adulthood, as has been suggested, but also in later life."79 Researchers actually fear that methodological features of "the study might underestimate the differences between homosexual and heterosexual people."80

The Dutch researchers concluded, "this study offers evidence that homosexuality is associated with a higher prevalence of psychiatric disorders. The outcomes are in line with findings from earlier studies in which less rigorous designs have been employed."81 The researchers offered no opinion as to whether homosexual behavior causes psychiatric disorders, or whether it is the result of psychiatric disorders.

2. Reckless Sexual Behavior
Depression and drug abuse can lead to reckless sexual behavior, even among those who are most likely to understand the deadly risks. In an article that was part of a series on "AIDS at 20," the New York Times reported the risks that many gay men take. One night when a gay HIV prevention educator named Seth Watkins got depressed, he met an attractive stranger, had anal intercourse without a condom — and became HIV positive. In spite of his job training, the HIV educator nevertheless employed the psychological defense of "denial" in explaining his own sexual behavior:
"[L]ike an increasing number of gay men in San Francisco and elsewhere, Mr. Watkins sometimes still puts himself and possibly other people at risk. 'I don't like to think about it because I don't want to give anyone H.I.V.,' Mr. Watkins said."82​
Another gay man named Vince, who had never before had anal intercourse without a condom, went to a sex club on the spur of the moment when he got depressed, and had unprotected sex:
"I was definitely in a period of depression . . . . And there was just something about that particular circumstance and that particular person. I don't know how to describe it. It just appealed to me; it made it seem like it was all right."83​
Some of the men interviewed by the New York Times are deliberately reckless. One fatalistic gay man with HIV makes no apology for putting other men at risk:
"The prospect of going through the rest of your life having to cover yourself up every time you want to get intimate with someone is an awful one. . . . Now I've got H.I.V. and I don't have to worry about getting it," he said. "There is a part of me that's relieved. I was tired of always having to be careful, of this constant diligence that has to be paid to intimacy when intimacy should be spontaneous."84​
After admitting to almost never using condoms he adds:
"There is no such thing as safe sex. . . . If people want to use condoms, they can. I didn't go out and purposely get H.I.V. Accidents happen."85​
Other reports show similar disregard for the safety of self and others. A1998 study in Seattle found that 10 percent of HIV-positive men admitted they engaged in unprotected anal sex, and the percentage doubled in 2000.86 According to a study of men who attend gay "circuit" parties,87 the danger at such events is even greater. Ten percent of the men surveyed expected to become HIV-positive in their lifetime.

Researchers discovered that 17 percent of the circuit party attendees surveyed were already HIV positive.88 Two thirds of those attending circuit parties had oral or anal sex, and 28 percent did not use condoms.89

In addition, drug use at circuit parties is ubiquitous. Although only 57 percent admit going to circuit parties to use drugs, 95 percent of the survey participants said they used psychoactive drugs at the most recent event they attended.90 There was a direct correlation between the number of drugs used during a circuit party weekend and the likelihood of unprotected anal sex.91 The researchers concluded that in view of their findings, "the likelihood of transmission of HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases among party attendees and secondary partners becomes a real public health concern."92
Good mental health would dictate foregoing circuit parties and other risky sex. But neither education nor adequate access to health care is a deterrent to such reckless behavior. "Research at the University of New South Wales found well-educated professional men in early middle age — those who experienced the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s — are most likely not to use a condom."93

WOW, this is deep! It has been a very good read. I'm not spiritually mature so I won't say much...but I do know that Gods word does speak against homosexuality.

Do I have the answer to the issues presented here...obviously not. Am I sick of gays trying to be a protected class YES, YES and YES. Sick of Christian leaders KNOWINGLY leading believers and those such as myself on a (re)newed walk with God...YES, YES and YES. In fact I seldom got to church anymore, not because I don't want to fellowship with true believers or hear the (true and accurate) word of God, BUT because I the last couple of churches I attended were obviously not doing these things. I'm moving to FL next month and pray that I have better results as I am missing fellowshipping.

Am I perfect not at all. Will I stand for what I believe in...without a shadow of a doubt.

Oh and that quote re the fence and the pickets is the best quote EVER! Anyways, this post got longer than I meant and I can't really express the way I feel because I can't quote scriptures and can't write eloquently...but I hope you get the gist of it.

I love the LORD and all his GLORY!

Back