Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

I want to join, I'll post my picture later sometime before this weekend hopefully.

ETA: I added the pictures to my November 2008 album, the password is in my profile. Sorry that the pictures are so bad I use my cell phone.

Last edited:
This is an ambious goal but ADD ME.

I am going to go for the GOLD. I am top of bsl right now so I think I can make it. I have about 6 to 7 inches to WL. :grin:

I'd better get cracking! With all these serious contenders in here, I gotta get this breakage under control and shoot for the stars (dusting off the Megatek bottle) LOL Seriously ladies, good luck and your hair is already beautiful.

I am joining. My hair is 11 inches long, so I am past bra-strap (bsl) but not quite middle back.

I will post a pic. I have 4a/b hair, in patches (God help me!).

I am a newbie, dealing with some breakage and still trying to find a 'curl defining' product, also looking for a new regimine since hair is different now that it is so much longer.

I would like to join. I'm also in the MBL challenge, but I'm hoping to make that by Jan. or March. I would have never, ever thought to consider doing a waist-length challenge, but I know all things are possible through Christ!

Please sign me up!

Here is my starting pic at full BSL.

Attachments

• Same day - another shot.jpg
    Same day - another shot.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
Just checking in, I'm very excited and I think I'm definitely on the way. Hopefully good hair practices will follow me throughout the year. My main tool is protective styling/low manipulation and keeping my hair moisturized!

I want to join. My starting pic is below. How many inches do you think I have before I reach waist length?
backshot.jpg

Just checking in...the back of my hair is approaching waist length. The sides are about 3 inches shorter. I have been on a direct heat ban since September; and I will do a length check next month or in February.

i want in!! i should be waist length in the spring around easter God Willing.. i think i have about 2.5 inches

I wish I could join, but I need about 10 more inches to be Full waist.

I'm still going personally challenge myself for this!

I am 4 inches from waist length, I don't know if I can make it, it's a great challenge though... Well, please count me in :)

I would like to join. I will post some pics in a couple of weeks when I flat iron it but I do have a couple in my album in my profile (sorry about the quality).

I would like to join as well....I plan on making waistlength my April or May. My siggy pic can be used as my startin gpic...but i'm not gonna post any other pics until January....so that one is somewhat reliable...its been 4 months since i took it!

Count me in to! :yep: I'm going to try to get a starting pic in here sometime this weekend. I'm giving myself the whole year so I pray that I make it to WL by Dec 31, 2009. Wow, that seems like a long way off, but past years have proven that it's just around the corner.

My hair hasn't been straightened since June, so I'm either going to be pleasantly surprised or have egg all over my face. I'll either get to stay here in the WL challenge, or have to tip toe out and go back to an MBL challenge.:lachen:

Have a wonderful New Year ladies. Talk to you all in 2009!

Good luck ladies! I've added you all to the listp. Please don't forget to post your pics! We should have a ton more of WL ladies on this board by the end of 09.

I'm in. I'm transitioning, but I'm only about a couple of inches away anyway.
Question, though. Is there a diagram for hair lengths taken from the back of the body? The one I've seen circulating is of the front, and it's a little confusing. If I pull my hair to the front of my body it's nowhere near my navel, but if it's hanging back it's just about there. So, anyone have a good diagram? I just want to know what waist length is exactly.
I have a pic in my sig, but I'll take a better one tomorrow...when it's not raining...

Question, though. Is there a diagram for hair lengths taken from the back of the body? The one I've seen circulating is of the front, and it's a little confusing. If I pull my hair to the front of my body it's nowhere near my navel, but if it's hanging back it's just about there. So, anyone have a good diagram? I just want to know what waist length is exactly.
I have a pic in my sig, but I'll take a better one tomorrow...when it's not raining...

Sweetie you dont need this challenge..you need the hip/tailbone length challenge probably cause you look like you are there! If you look at my siggy where the orange line is drawn, that is what is considered WL...where your hips start. I used to think the belly button was WL too but I guess it isnt because it is further down.

Count me in! I did a small trim when I straightened, bout 1/4-1/2 inch to thoroughly remove any splits, SSKs and any weird feeling hair ends.

My little voice keeps saying Summer '09 :grin:

Let's get it girls!! We can do dis :lachen: :yep:

I know that diagram can be a bit confusing. It does not mean for you to pull your hair around to the front to touch you naval. It means for you to envision naval level on your back. You can wrap a string, or something, around your body from the point of your naval in front, and where the string hits on your back is WL. I don't know if I'm painting a clear picture or not, but if not please tell me and I give it another go. :yep:

ETA: I agree with marie170. Judging from your front hair length, you are already at waist.

Last edited:
Back