Waist Length 2014

Starting photo. Just got my hair highlighted, straightened and the bottom layer trimmed.

Attachments

• image-2976310685.jpg
    image-2976310685.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 170
Re: Waist lenght 2014

I'm in!!! I expect to be at WL by the end of 2014 at the latest.

Ultimate Goal: WHip length
Regimen: Low manipulation and twists
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: IDK
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: Protein and oil rinses are great for my hair.
Issues or difficulties you're having: None

I posted this pic in a couple other threads, but here it is one more time. After a blow out.

:lurking: Is it possible to be in two WL challenges? :look:

::raises hands::

I very much am lol. 2014 is PROBABLY a stretch just knowing me and my hair... But I only have like 5 inches. Which is very doable in a year as long as I do search and destroys once every 2 months to keep split ends at bay. I'm good with trims every 4-6 months.

:lurking: Is it possible to be in two WL challenges? :look:

Yeppers! Personally I prefer to be active in one thread at a time so I wont have to keep repeating what I do. I used to be pretty active in the Naturally Flexible thread until this one came along. :yep: If I don't make waist in 2014, then I'll participate in the 2015 thread...but I'm sure I'll be grazing it next year.

Last edited:

::raises hands::

I very much am lol. 2014 is PROBABLY a stretch just knowing me and my hair... But I only have like 5 inches. Which is very doable in a year as long as I do search and destroys once every 2 months to keep split ends at bay. I'm good with trims every 4-6 months.

Girl, I'm about to have no shame! :lachen: This will help to quench my thirst for the MBL 2014 challenge to start. :lol: ImanAdero

I won't be straightening my hair until the end of December, but I will do a light blowout this weekend to post my starting pics with that. I will be wearing small twists with braided roots for this month.

I'm in twists right now, but I will do a roller set or tension blow out to stretch closer to the end of the month for my beginning pic.

Yayyy! I am so excited to be able to join this challenge! After 4.5 years of growing my hair from bald... and MANY lessons learned, I am excited to see my end goal on the horizon.

My reggie is super simple--wigging with 10 cornrows. I wash my hair while braided with Trader Joe's shampoo when needed and condition with TJ's Nourish. I seal with coconut oil. I deep condition with the same (baggying). I have had been doing this for four months now, took them down, blow dried on low and put them back up twice during that time.

I plan to rotate in a light protein treatment 1-2 months.

The last time I measured was 4 months ago and my hair was 12 inches long. I am 5'2 and WL is 17 inches. I'll post starting photos and length in January. Adding check in dates to my calendar!

Yes that is simple. And it's great to know that WL is not that long for us. If you are 5'2 and it's 17 for you, I'm 4'11, I'm think it might only be maybe 14 for me. I'm going to measure my hair now! Me so excited!!!

Ok I'm definitely joining. Shorties repreSENT! :lol:

Here is my hair blow dried, hmmm I may be closer than I thought! I'm 5'0"

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2092816511.jpg
    image-2092816511.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 172

Saw this on instagram. Thought it would be fun to share for the cheapies like me who want to try steaming but havent purchased a steamer yet.:poke:

Last edited:

Ok I'm definitely joining. Shorties repreSENT! :lol:

Hecks Yeah #TeamShorties :grin:!! I'm 5'2" or 5'2.5", all arms and legs :lol:. WL is about 16-17 in on me. From the pseudo-measuring I just did, I will have to retain every cm I grow and have a little growth spurt thrown it to hit just at WL next year. Here's to hoping for good things :woohoo2:

Saw this on instagram. Thought it would be fun to share for the cheapies like me who want to try steaming but havent purchased a steamer yet.:poke:

lulu97 Trying this! Thanks!

ETA: I just tried it. It works really well! I will be incorporating this into my reggie!

Last edited:

Ok, since I'm all up yalls thread I may as well go 'head and join.

Ultimate Goal: WL

Regimen: Shampoo or co-cleanse weekly. DC weekly (alternate protein and moisture), style in medium twists pin ups. Moisturize and seal every other day. I have been using sulfur and/or MN on my scalp every other day. I now want to adopt a modified Crown & Glory method with my own twists. This latest set of twists seems to have held up better than others, so I will try to keep them in for 3 - 4 weeks.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 6. Hopefully 5 by the end of the year.

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural 4 a/b, fine strands, coarser in the back of my crown, lowish density.

Tips/Tricks: Keep the regimen simple and protect ends.

Issues or difficulties you're having: Keeping patience. :look:

Attachments

• Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    Hair 9-14-2013.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I'm getting tired of my hair. I wish I could do wash and goes. Think I'm going to twist it up. The only problem is it's not going to last that long.

Can we ask a mod. To fix the spelling it the title of this thread?

May I join?? My goal for next year (probably closer to the end of the year) is to get WAISTED :yep:
Ultimate Goal: to waist length and beyond
Regimen: cleanse weekly, pre-poo/deep condition when needed, SEALING MY ENDS, low maintenance styling (braidouts & buns.. my two B's)
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: will get back to you on that..
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: None at the moment
Issues or difficulties you're having: None at the moment

It does work. Don't sleep on it. Well, you could sleep on like I did when I was lazy, and it still worked lol. But before I had a steamer, I put the plastics cap, dry Tshirt, another plastic cap and either use a heating cap or go to bed. Still woke up with good results.

Ok, since I'm all up yalls thread I may as well go 'head and join. Ultimate Goal: WL Regimen: Shampoo or co-cleanse weekly. DC weekly (alternate protein and moisture), style in medium twists pin ups. Moisturize and seal every other day. I have been using sulfur and/or MN on my scalp every other day. I now want to adopt a modified Crown & Glory method with my own twists. This latest set of twists seems to have held up better than others, so I will try to keep them in for 3 - 4 weeks. How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 6. Hopefully 5 by the end of the year. Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural 4 a/b, fine strands, coarser in the back of my crown, lowish density. Tips/Tricks: Keep the regimen simple and protect ends. Issues or difficulties you're having: Keeping patience. :look:

I think you'll get there. You waist is not that far from BSL. Me, on the other hand, needs a full 6" and I'm already MBL smh. So I'm rooting for you because you might need to help me in the patience department. Bought to go lurk in some inversion method threads.

Saludable84 Thanks lady! I hope so. I can't wait to get to MBL, which is another 3 inches. I wanted it by the end of this year, but I don't think it's gonna happen. So I'm hoping I'll get there by March. Are you taller or have a long torso? We'll get there together.:yep:

Saludable84 Thanks lady! I hope so. I can't wait to get to MBL, which is another 3 inches. I wanted it by the end of this year, but I don't think it's gonna happen. So I'm hoping I'll get there by March. Are you taller or have a long torso? We'll get there together.:yep:

Let me insert a picture. If you look at the picture, even though I am MBL, my torso is pretty small, making my waist on the low side. It looks like my waist is right there, but it really is not. I will more than likely make it to WL, but I will have to be super diligent this winter on roller setting as air drying takes a harder toll on my ends sometimes. Dusting might not be done as often either as I usually do it every other week, but maybe now, every 3 weeks. Im so OCD though, so I think Im just lying to myself. BSL and MBL are very close for me, but WL, not so much. Thats why it is my ultimate goal.

Attachments

• 20131005-072233.jpg
    20131005-072233.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 124
I see what you mean Saludable84. It's like an optical illusion or something. From that angle, it only looks like you have 4 inches or so left.

For me, BSB/BSL, MBL, and WL are all almost equidistant. Don't know about hip though.

Saludable84 , you're hair is SOOOOO thick!! :lick: It's awesome!!

I love love my hair so much. . . And I literally just realized that tomorrow's my nappiversary :blush:!! 6 years! It's been 6 years since my BC!! WOW!

I forgot what I came in here to post about :lachen:.

Back