Waaaah, need help ladies!!!

Faith

How do I bring the pH of my hair back up? I thought it ws a good idea to use Keracare super recon onTuesday as a preventative method. My hair was fine I just wanted something to fortify it. Welllllllllllllll...I done screwed it up. I think the pH of my hair has changed. The recon has a pH of 3.0. Now my hair seems smooth when wet but as soon as I step out of the shower it TANGLES itself. Like nothing I have seen before. Imagine taking your hair and teasing it while wet... that's what it's doing. I have managed not to lose too much the last few days. But it's lots to me compared to the hardly any before. I'm actually able to slowly comb out while dry (over 4 hours doing it on Wednesday and 1-2 hours yesterday). But I'm scared to wet my hair ever again. Would ACV fix my pH? Will my hair itself regulate itself? Does the effects of a recon wear of eventually...if yes...when?
This is making me seriously consider going back to natural (not with a BC though) yet I know it's not because I'm relaxed/texturized it's because this recon was a BAD IDEA. Man, after this I'll just stick with the VERY VERY BASIC...NO MORE HARD PROTEIN of any kind. I should have remembered my experience with aphogee but I thought this would be different....sigh. I'll just stick to GPB,CPR and Intense from now on.
Thanks for any tips ladies :)

Btw, give me your best offer...I'm getting rid of a 95% full bottle of the super recon.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure on this one, but I think that you should use a shampoo/conditioner w/ a pH of 4.5-5.5 to bring the pH of your hair back to normal (about 5). The only product that immediately comes to my mind is Porosity Control because it has a pH of 4.5. I hope I've helped..

candibaby said:
I'm not too sure on this one, but I think that you should use a shampoo/conditioner w/ a pH of 4.5-5.5 to bring the pH of your hair back to normal (about 5). The only product that immediately comes to my mind is Porosity Control because it has a pH of 4.5. I hope I've helped..
Thanks candibaby. I used my CON porosity corrector last night and it helped some. I think I'll use it again on Wednesday and see where my hair is at. I hope it rights itself soon since I need a touchup badly but I don't want to touchup when it's acting like this.

You're welcome Faith. I'm doing a search on it now.. and according to everything I've read so far, what I said was right :). Some organics website said that an apple cider vinegar rinse can restore the hair's pH as well so you were'nt far off with what you thought either!

LOL...GMTA. I was going to try some ACV mix tomorrow to see if it would help. Thanks a lot for doing a search to help me out. I appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Btw, the reason I used the super recon was I couldn't find emergence and the two had similar ingredients just in different orders....dumb me...lol
Does emergencee get slightly hard/"gluey" like that too?

Yes the emergencee is kind of 'gluey'. I have never used the Keracare super recon but I have used Affirm 5n1 and it is 'gluey'. Did you followup with a moisturizing conditioner? What kind?

I have used Affirm 5 in 1 and I didn't find it gluey. Sticky a bit but NOT hard. This was krazy gluey and hard. It said to do it for 10 mins then follow with Affirm 5 in 1 for 10 minutes. It still wasn't soft so I then used humecto and still nothing. That was on Tuesday night so yesterday I tried to get it softer with about 4 different conditioners (humecto, MNT, NTM, Aussie slip...many) and it got a little better but still tangly and cob webby. The CON porosity corrector helped a bit then more humecto. I'm going to try the ACV mix next. I think that may be the best way to go. I'm not sure in what concentration though...lol. 4oz AVC:32oz H20 maybe???

Candibaby...guess what? EEEEEEEEE!
I didn't do the ACV mix since I was scared that if I didn't mix it properly the pH would still be too low and knowing that I need something with a high pH I had to find something alkaline. So, the thought came to me to use Baking Soda....I let my hair soak in it a while (3tbs:32oz water). My hair was tangle free and SOFT. The knotted ends I was getting is gone and overall I lost 1 hair to breakage and 5 shed hairs...WOW. Thank the Lord (I know I was praying)...it was so bad it was either I needed a miracle or I had to get my scissors...eeeek. But, it all worked out.
So if anybody wants this product cause they like it PM me...or I'm tossing it. I paid $30 CAD but I don't care....lol.

I just bought the Mermade conditioning treatment at Sally's this weekend... it's a 3.0 PH, but it's in a cream base, not a gel. I liked it a lot and it made my hair feel soft.

Just FYI in case you still want a protein reconstructor that's also moisturizing.

I think the Keracare Super Reconstructor is the strongest collagen reconstructor I have ever used. I'm sorry you had that experience. I find to that my hair sticks together after using it, I think I used the 5 in 1 afterwards then Humecto. I got that off a site that featured an Avlon stylist. Also if you ever feel to lazy to mix up a baking soda recipie, Optimum has a alkaline Shampoo called crystal colors.

cutebajangirl said:
I think the Keracare Super Reconstructor is the strongest collagen reconstructor I have ever used. I'm sorry you had that experience. I find to that my hair sticks together after using it, I think I used the 5 in 1 afterwards then Humecto. I got that off a site that featured an Avlon stylist. Also if you ever feel to lazy to mix up a baking soda recipie, Optimum has a alkaline Shampoo called crystal colors.
Thanks Bunny but I think I'll stick with what I know from now on...lol
Cutebajangirl: Funny thing is I did follow it with both those products...lol. Hey if you ar einterested in it PM me. Thanks for the tip about Optimum :)

Im glad you solved your problem! I wouldve never thought to use baking soda.. or anything alkaline.. because the only thing alkaline that comes to my mind right off the bat is a relaxer and nobody's going there.. lol

(covering eyes)Singing: La la la la! I am verytempted to PM you but I am working on decresing my stock not increasing. If no one else is interested let me know in a few days.

Back