Vitamins You Took for Hair but Also Cleared Up your SKIN?

adw425 said:
Flaxseed oil...About three years ago when I was transitioning and having a bad time with it because my hair was so dry and coarse, a colleague told me that a friend of hers was advised to take flaxseed oil to soften up the new growth. She told me that I had to take more than just one or two softgels a day, so I took two three times a day. My face cleared up within five days; the arthritis in my thumb went away and other good things. Now, I take a flax-borage-fish oil supplement instead of just the flaxseed alone.
See, I wanna start taking flaxeed oil but I heard it makes people gain weight.:confused: Has anyone experienced this? My sister just bought me a gigantic bottle of Nature's Source 1000mg Flaxeed oil, but I haven't been taking it regularly out of fear of weight gain.

LadyEsquire said:
I was just reading about the benefits of flaxseed oil, works against high cholesterol, acne, and even menstrual cramps. However, I also read that I should take precaution and purchase it from vendors who certify their product from being mercury-free. Where do you guys buy your flaxseed oil? Also, are any of you taking the pills?

bump....trying to find out which brands you all are using.

To start off -- I've never had BAD skin just a few bumps here or there. Well three weeks ago I started taking a liquid vitamin I saw talked about on here called Miracle 2000 and I have yet to have a breakout. The few dark marks I had are clear. I stopped wearing makeup and ppl ask me if I have any on. I'm gonna be on this stuff for life! It's not cheap but well worth the price since it gives you total body nourishment.

meaganita said:
See, I wanna start taking flaxeed oil but I heard it makes people gain weight.:confused: Has anyone experienced this? My sister just bought me a gigantic bottle of Nature's Source 1000mg Flaxeed oil, but I haven't been taking it regularly out of fear of weight gain.

I've been taking NATURE'S WAY EFA Gold Flax Oil - Super Lignan (Organic) 24 fl.oz which also contains omega 3,6, and 9. Because I am trying to lose weight, I always have to keep in mind that flax seed oil has about 120-130 cal/tbls depending on the brand and about 14g of fat. So if ur taking this daily just be aware of how much fat ur taking in with the other foods you eat (just a suggestion). Since I started taking flaxseed oil, msm, and Vitamin E, I have noticed a significant improvement in my skin. It has more of glow to it.

I've also taken Spectrum Ultra enriched flax oil with lingans it also has omega 3,6, and 9 for those who don't like the taste of the oil. However if you take the pills you have to take alot (6-12) to get the same results. The pills may also be better for some because they have less calories. Also adding grounded up flax seed (~1tbs) to your favorite smoothie works just as well.

meaganita said:

I've heard several people complain about Flaxseed oil making them gain weight. But it's the opposite for me...it actually curbs my appetite.:)

LadyEsquire said:
bump....trying to find out which brands you all are using.
I can't remember the brands off the top of my head but I was taking the one from Wal-Mart in the black bottle (they only have the one kind) and it was good. Now I take one from Puritan's Pride because they have that good sale going on.

I have always had pretty good skin. But I do know that once I started taking viviscal, my skin seemed to get better as in more of a healthy glow about it. Once I started taking Phyto Phytopherane Nail and skin supplement (I ran out of my beloved Nioxin and was too lazy to go looking for another place that sold them), I notice my hair, skin and nails started looking better. I have to cut my cuticles once a week, my nails grow super fast and are very white with a faint pink tinge beneath. My hair has more of a healthy and vibrant look with little to no shedding or breakage. Oh and the skin on my hands is much softer and younger looking.

Last edited:
I have a good vit regimen going and so far my skin has been looking a lot more radiant. But after reading all of the great reviews about flax seed oil, I am definitely gonna add it to my routine. Funny though, 'cause I bought a box of flax seed months ago to add to my oatmeal and salads and I do not think I ever opened the box...so I will use it up as well.

Poko, thanks for the WalMart tip...I'm gonna pick some up next trip.

BioGeek, thanks for the heads up on the fat intake, I will try to keep that in mind...cause this summer I am going to start working out again ;)

Back