Vitamin Challenge 2013

Checking in after a verrryyyyyy long stint of not checking in. I'm back, still taking my vitamins. I just purchased Nature Made woman's daily multivitamin and 5000 mcg biotin. I'm still taking my super b complex. I'm contemplating re-starting msm (stopped taking it because I thought it was the cause of headaches) and maca (wanted to color way too much).

This isn't hair related, but I've seen a few people on youtube talk about the health benefits of Oil of oregano. I'm thinking of purchasing some as I work with pre-k. I had a cold at the end of august, got completely over it and now I have another cold. ugh....

Has anyone here taken oil of oregano? Any brand suggestions? GNC has 100 capsules for about $27. Does that sound like a good price? Any info is appreciated. And I took my vitamins today, by the way.

MissyB, never heard of it till reading your post, but you can get 90 capsules from Puritans Pride for $7.99, and with their BOGO, it's actually 180 for $7.99.

In addition, Swanson Vitamins has several sizes, brands etc., all less than $27.00.

If you try it, please report back in three months and let us know the efficacy of it.

This isn't hair related, but I've seen a few people on youtube talk about the health benefits of Oil of oregano. I'm thinking of purchasing some as I work with pre-k. I had a cold at the end of august, got completely over it and now I have another cold. ugh....

Has anyone here taken oil of oregano? Any brand suggestions? GNC has 100 capsules for about $27. Does that sound like a good price? Any info is appreciated. And I took my vitamins today, by the way.

I also work in a pre-k setting. I just make sure to have a glass of OJ in the morning, but I may look into this

Last edited:
How do you like them? MSM has me feeling some type of way. My last thing that I wil be buying is green drink for a little bit anyway.

They are fine for me. They aren't unlike anything else I've already taken, so I'm going to continue them until the end of the year. It will have been over three months then. I am interested in purchasing these after seeing ilong mention them. I wanted to try MSM too.

@MissyB - EnExitStageLeft - I hope I'm not too late.
YES - YES- YES - I take Oil of Oregano. I had been taking it only when I got sick but my girlfriend (who turned me onto it) told me I should take a teaspoon daily during cold/flu season. Her Mom/Dad and their entire families take it and they rarely if ever get colds. It's a natural antibiotic. A colleague I told about purchased some for her sick Mom. Her Mom was better in 3 days and sent me a thank you note. :yep:

This is the oregano I take (recommended by my girlfriend). Yes the price your seeing is right, but it is worth it. I ran out and my SO brought me some (the cheap one) and I got sick last year. :sad:

It burns like fire in your mouth so if you get it (I don't think P73 comes in pills) and take it, have your OJ ready to chase it down. :lick:

Last edited:
@MissyB - EnExitStageLeft - I hope I'm not too late.
YES - YES- YES - I take Oil of Oregano. I had been taking it only when I got sick but my girlfriend (who turned me onto it) told me I should take a teaspoon daily during cold/flu season. Her Mom/Dad and their entire families take it and they rarely if ever get colds. It's a natural antibiotic. A colleague I told about purchased some for her sick Mom. Her Mom was better in 3 days and sent me a thank you note. :yep:

This is the oregano I take (recommended by my girlfriend). Yes the price your seeing is right, but it is worth it. I ran out and my SO brought me some (the cheap one) and I got sick last year. :sad:

It burns like fire in your mouth so if you get it (I don't think P73 comes in pills) and take it, have your OJ ready to chase it down. :lick:

Daaaang, for ONE ounce?!?!

I'm a vitamin junkie, so now I'm all curious.

PS- checking in. Doubled up on maca today.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back