Very promising relaxer applicator - "less overlapping" they say.

HoneyDew

It is called "The Sprush". I picked it up today at Sally's and it looks very interesting. I can tell that the precision will be much better with this. The one at Sally's is under the Ion label, but here is the site for it.

http://www.templeclean.com/pages/product_sprush.htm

Here are the relaxer application benefits: http://www.templeclean.com/pages/product_sprush_2.htm

Sally only had the purple and aqua one. I got the purple one because it is smaller in size. I would like to find the green or gold one to try, as well.

Anyway, thought I would share.

Sprush-Pack-Insert-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thanks for posting this. It does look very promising. Yes I'm with you I would like to try the gold and the red also. Thanks.

I bought that from Sallys. My relaxer gets close to the scalp and I got it bone straight on the first try. And I've probably self relaxed less than five times!

Looks good to me. May pick that up just because the bristle brush may run the risk of scratching your scalp. And it seems to me like there's more relaxer in the brush than on your hair.

No appliance will keep you from overlapping your relaxer, only you can do that.

:look: Uh, we know that.

But, the tools you use can make it better or worse, too. I use a tint brush for my touchups. But I find that the smaller ones help me more then the wider ones. It's all me, but my choice in brush helps.

Come on, I am sure you realize we know that "no appliance will keep you from overlapping". Besides, this is not what I would call an appliance. it's just a applicator brush.

Last edited:
I bought that from Sallys. My relaxer gets close to the scalp and I got it bone straight on the first try. And I've probably self relaxed less than five times!

sounds good! I can tell that this brush would really make it easier to self relax.

I have always used a Applicator bottle to apply my Relaxers since 1992 and they work at Helping you not to overlapp as much, I have always thought this was a great way to apply Relaxers as well as Texturizing/Texlaxed!!!

I also get the Applicator Bottles from Sally's and just pour in my Relaxer and go LOL!!!!

Thanks HoneyDew!

DANG!!!

I could have used this 2 days ago-

RETOUCH DAY!!!:wallbash:

But this looks great!

Gonna pick one up + the paddle thingy (for smoothing).

Thanx HoneyD!:yep:

Thanks for posting this! I always start off using my brush, but then get frustrated and end up using my fingers instead. Maybe a tool like this will help me be a bit more accurate in the application process.

And NappyParadise, I'd never even considered using an applicator bottle. I'll have to consider that!

Thanks for posting this, HoneyDew! How much was it? I kinda jacked my head up self-relaxing last week, so I wanna grab a gold or blue one. What is the "brush" made of? Has anyone already used one? Alright, let me stop with my 21 questions!!!

Thanks for posting this, HoneyDew! How much was it? I kinda jacked my head up self-relaxing last week, so I wanna grab a gold or blue one. What is the "brush" made of? Has anyone already used one? Alright, let me stop with my 21 questions!!!

It was $5.

The "brush" is made of like a thick flexible and soft plastic. It may be rubber, I don't know.

i think this will be much better than the tinting brush i have, i bought it after the disaster that was my touch up back in december using my fingers lol :grin: thank you honey dew

I'm transitioning so I wont be buying this, but for anyone who relaxes it looks like a great idea. I would always get mad about wasting my relaxer in the drain while washing out the brush...its like a sponge or something. Not to mention how annoying it is to have to run your hands in hot water for a long time trying to rinse out the relaxer from in between the bristles

Actually! When I'm finally natural I'm planning on doing a deep blackish purple color so I will have use for this after all!

I bought one about a year ago, I have never used it, I may have even thrown it away. I will try to find it and use it on my next relaxer day.

seems like a good idea.. I think I may be definitely getting one. I hate cleaning my applicator brush

I want one....I havent seen any over here yet!!
damnit!

Might be just what I need to make my relaxer easier to apply...I just cant get the hang of it!

thanks HoneyDew

Uzz

Back