Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Ladies if you see me in Target in the hair Isle please stop and say hello, I am only drooling at the products I'd like to buy.

Cantu Deep Conditioner, smells awesome - On my list - Next year
Biolage conditioning balm --- On my list - Next year

I will be out of commission for new hair conditioners until December!
I also will most likely be out of commission for shampoo until December!

Mkd, your curls are nice, how many days are you getting out of them?
Thanks Ltown. I have been washing twice a week (once co washing and once with a poo bar). And my version of a wet bun in between. I just mist my hair until it is dripping wet with a spray bottle then bun it. My curls still look really good today and I probably could have worn them out again. I am liking the KCCC used with KCKT so much better.

I hope jc and the other stuff stays the same. Miss jessies can't really get any worse and alot of people like it. I would have tried it if it was cheaper.

@shay, the only place that might still have old tw mist is the bss's and bony. Unless people already blew up those spots.:look:

Girl I don't think these folx know around here :look: so I will be hitting up the two CVS close to me. I will clean them out.

I finished the Desert Essence Red Italian Grape Conditioner. Good riddance--these people and these dayum tubes & funny shaped bottles :nono:.

Dump it JJ!

Great I am going to go dump it out now :D Rinse out the container and add it to my all gone collection. LOL

I dumped it, YEW! not even EW, YEW!!!~ wow, I only used it once. Now it is put out of it's misery. :D

Last edited:
I stopped by Hairveda and saw that VF was still available so I took advantage of it before it was too late. I bought 2 becuase even with shipping that is cheaper than buying 1 8oz container locally. My small town doesn't carry much CO.

JJ, Sally's has its own version of the Matrix conditioning balm. the GVP conditioning balm...im just saying so you know (and its cheaper!).

So, I just came from cvs, I bought 2 bottles of v05 for $.66/each. and snacks...im never going shopping while hungry again. lol

Natura, do you have a whole foods close by? Whole foods' brand co is pretty good. I think its like $6.99 for 12/15oz. Something around that area.

JJ, Sally's has its own version of the Matrix conditioning balm. the GVP conditioning balm...im just saying so you know (and its cheaper!).

So, I just came from cvs, I bought 2 bottles of v05 for $.66/each. and snacks...im never going shopping while hungry again. lol

Have you tried the GVP brand, not like I have tried the real brand but I'd love a comparison if you have one for me? :)

Thanks for the heads up!

i wont be able to pin the front of my twists up like i did last week because of the way i have my hair parted. so if i feel like it isnt causing too much friction with my uniform then ill just wear it down. if it is then i will pin the back up and have the front and sides out.
last week i had the back on my twists up like a french roll and the front in a hump, i got so many compliments on that.

Have you tried the GVP brand, not like I have tried the real brand but I'd love a comparison if you have one for me? :)

Thanks for the heads up!
i use the gvp version of the paul mitchell detangler and it is like the exact same product. so i imagine all of them are good knockoffs.

i use the gvp version of the paul mitchell detangler and it is like the exact same product. so i imagine all of them are good knockoffs.

I bought my son some of the GVP paul mitchell shampoo and conditioner, and they were pretty good.

I am glad the other knock offs are pretty good.

Must add the Matrix GVP to my list :D thanks Day!

December 2010 I am waiting for all the christmas deals. I know I am lame, but economical.

I might sneak a little here and there!:D

Natura, do you have a whole foods close by? Whole foods' brand co is pretty good. I think its like $6.99 for 12/15oz. Something around that area.

No, the closest ones are in Canada or South PA. The closest thing I have to a WF is Wegmans and even that is over an hour away. When I go home I will have to stop in a Vitamin Shoppe.

Thanks for the heads up!

hey girly, i have tried the gvp version and loved it. I didnt try the original, so I cant give you a comparison. I know Eisani and LittleSparkle uses/used the gvp brand too.

Last edited:
Ladies if you see me in Target in the hair Isle please stop and say hello, I am only drooling at the products I'd like to buy.

Cantu Deep Conditioner, smells awesome - On my list - Next year
Biolage conditioning balm --- On my list - Next year

I will be out of commission for new hair conditioners until December!
I also will most likely be out of commission for shampoo until December!

:yep::yep::yep: Me too!

Can I Get that in Writing...............:lachen:

From You and JJ!:lachen:

:rofl: :rofl: Giiiirl! It's hard out here for a PJ. I had a bottle of conditioner in my hand for about an hour today before I finally put it back. It was soooo hard. :sad: I'm trying not to go back and get it tomorrow. It contained seaweed, panthenol, and marine collagen though. :lick::nono::lol:

Last edited:
Dayum!!!Well I have my hydrasilica,vitamin reign and juices & berries. I love the thickness of the TW mist....:wallbash:. Here we go again just when you think you got your staples down. When these small companies go big...exactly what happened with Carol's Daughter.

I finished my Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture. I also finished a bottle of JBCO. I have 2 backups.
I can look in my area for TW is you want, what is the ingredients again?

hope everyone is doing well :)
I cheated today and sent a huge package to my sis in Tunisa with hair products..LOL
I should be all set to use up products and i am considering locking again...sigh..love locs but i am paranoid about build up and when i was locking last year my scalp was sooo itchy!! so now my stash feels smaller and i am tempted to replenish..lol but i'll stay strong. I decided to take out qhemet from my staples. Love her products but the lemony scent..not so much....so no qhemet sale for me..I'll miss camping in front of my computer at 11:59 ready to place an order

Oh man, I'm over here itching for that conditioner. I think I might go back and get it. I'm reaaaally trying to figure out what I can sell/give away to justify "needing" yet another bottle of conditioner. SMH.

Oh and I called Sally's and they said I can exchange my Silk Elements Olive Oil Megasilk conditioner (eventhough I tossed the receipt). I'm so happy about that. Now I can get a full jar of my love, the Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment. :lol:

I HAVE to get rid of some more products though. Maybe I'll sell one of my professional sized bottles of the ORS Replenishing (original formula). That should be fairly easy to get off my hands.

im so sad my twists are messed up. just the front is messed up because i slept in a bonnet but i guess the way i slept mashed the side braids up. so i just pulled the front into a little pony tail. the back is still beautiful though and im leaving these suckas in lmao.

:rofl: :rofl: Giiiirl! It's hard out here for a PJ. I had a bottle of conditioner in my hand for about an hour today before I finally put it back. It was soooo hard. :sad: I'm trying not to go back and get it tomorrow. It contained seaweed, panthenol, and marine collagen though. :lick::nono::lol:

Oh man, I'm over here itching for that conditioner. I think I might go back and get it. I'm reaaaally trying to figure out what I can sell/give away to justify "needing" yet another bottle of conditioner. SMH.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

U don't need it yet, lets us up some of the stash I know you have there and then we can go get that conditioner, hold out. I know how it can be I keep convincing myself use what I have and it's been working a little. :perplexed:perplexed

im so sad my twists are messed up. just the front is messed up because i slept in a bonnet but i guess the way i slept mashed the side braids up. so i just pulled the front into a little pony tail. the back is still beautiful though and im leaving these suckas in lmao.

awww, sorry that happened. :(
maybe wet them a little!
I am a hard sleeper and could never keep any styles that couldn't be mashed up! :spinning:

Back