Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

I visited my local Big Lots for some Skala products and no dice, nada, nothin' :nono:. However, I am working in New Jersey next week and I will see if I can hit up a Big Lots over there. I am packing an extra duffel bag for my flight :look:

boston maria, please look for the skala avacado shampoo for me. if they have it, please buy two for me and Ill give you the monies when we meet up!

Hey Girls, What's everyone up to???? I've been out to the Stash and moved a few things around.....and wrote up my Regi for next Saturday.

What are you Lovely Ladies doing???????????

Hey T,

Im over here fighting the urge to ask someone to get more skala for me. The price is looking right! Esp, if TW changing the ingredients of her mist; I could use the skala for detangling. *shakes fists at Americka and cries*

Hey Girls, What's everyone up to???? I've been out to the Stash and moved a few things around.....and wrote up my Regi for next Saturday.

What are you Lovely Ladies doing???????????

I dc on dry hair under steamer with skala shea mask, it is hard right now but I'm letting for a while. I don't know if this is a good DC but the skala ceramides was great. I'll post the result after I rinse it out. So you change your regi weekly, depending on what? time or mood?

Last edited:
I dc on dry hair under steamer with skala shea mask, it is hard right now but I'm letting for a while. I don't know if this is a good DC but the skala ceramides was great. I'll post the result after I rinse it out. So you change your regi weekly, depending on what? time or mood?

No, but I like to list the products that I will be using.:look: I may change products, but it's always the same type.

Conditoner for Co-Washing, Reconstructor, DC'er, Leave-In etc.......:yep:

Chile, its ONLY a Dolla':lachen: Gon' Drive Pass Big Lots, Girl!:lachen:Even if you got 10, it would be like buying a Happy Meal:lachen:

LMFAO :lachen:
I KNOW HOW I AM! I'd get a "high" from buying $20 worth of conditioner and I'll walk around every BSS in town like a crackhead, trying to get another hit LMAO Before I know it I'll spend another $150 on crap (clothes, shoes, make-up, hair products)

i slept with ojon restorative treatment in my hair last night. today im about to slather on some ors replenishing for and hours and then rinse and twist. i think i will use qhemet detangling ghee as a leave in and qhemet heavy cream to twist since im almost finished that jar of heavy cream, i have a back up though lol.
i wanted to use curl define but i think if i use that i need to also use another product with it that has hold. i have the afroveda hemp butter on the way so i will use them together.

i have been buying a lot lately too. i have no idea why. i been going back and re-purchasing afroveda because i love her products but she isnt consistant and i just need to know that when i want to prchase from her everything will be the same.
im tempted to order the bee mine curly butter but i doubt i will. it reminds me(the description) of shine and define, and i have 2 jars lmao.

LMFAO :lachen:
I KNOW HOW I AM! I'd get a "high" from buying $20 worth of conditioner and I'll walk around every BSS in town like a crackhead, trying to get another hit LMAO Before I know it I'll spend another $150 on crap (clothes, shoes, make-up, hair products)

Chile git you Some Skala. All that Hurr you got......$1.00, you could clean up!:grin: It would be worth it to hit up every BL's in Boston!:blush:

You would be well ahead of the game (especially if it agrees with your hair).:yep:

Come On Now....:rolleyes:

i decided to use tw protective bodifier as my leave in today to use it up. i was never so hoopla about it eventhough it is a good product lol.

today is my lazy day eventhough i have much cleaning to do.

My freaking leave in :eek::samurai::axehunter::thud::sick::tantrum::gunner7::pyro::missu::fistshake::swearing::crying3::computer::censored:. Ok now that i got that out:look:. I finished my hair last night. I used mbc to detangle my roots and it helped alot. I guess im going to switch to mbc as a leave in when it gets colder out again. Im not even going to try and find the old formula of tw mist. Whatever i have left is it.

My freaking leave in :eek::samurai::axehunter::thud::sick::tantrum::gunner7::pyro::missu::fistshake::swearing::crying3::computer::censored:. Ok now that i got that out:look:. I finished my hair last night. I used mbc to detangle my roots and it helped alot. I guess im going to switch to mbc as a leave in when it gets colder out again. Im not even going to try and find the old formula of tw mist. Whatever i have left is it.

So is the New Formula of the TW Mist that bad????

I could look for some of the old bottles for you?:look:

Just read that Thread....Maybe you could call the Shop and just get a Liter or Gallon of the Old Formula......

Last edited:
So is the New Formula of the TW Mist that bad????

I could look for some of the old bottles for you?:look:

Just read that Thread....Maybe you could call the Shop and just get a Liter or Gallon of the Old Formula......

No thanks t, she changed the formula and im not supporting her in no way shape or form. My hair did well with the mbc last night. It actually saved me hair and a headache so im going to see how it goes. My scurl will do now for the summer. Now i know how the ladies feel when their favorite product is discontinued or changed.:sad:

Eta- i kind of knew it would happen when she went to cvs, i was just hoping she would not change it. The new ingredients are probably cheaper.

i admit eventhough the protective mist is not a staple of mine, it has great ingredients so i understand La. i went in that thread too.

I rinse the skala shea butter masque after 4 hours and my hair is soft as it was with the conditioner. The masque is very watery to be in a jar, so I would stick with the conditioners in the bottle which is thicker. So I'll use the jars with some other conditioner to thicken it up and use up.

Darn you Ltown. Yall better stop coming in here with this Skala business! Almost made me buy HV, just because I cant get skala here. I almost broke down. I rebuke you Skala pushers!

* :lachen: spoken by the original cosigner. lol.

Last edited:
so i rinsed out my replinishing conditioner and i rubbed through a good amount of tw protective mist and now im in a micro fber towel.
in a few minutes i will section my hair into 4 and then twist with heavy cream. i think i may wear the twists pinned up all week.

No thanks t, she changed the formula and im not supporting her in no way shape or form. My hair did well with the mbc last night. It actually saved me hair and a headache so im going to see how it goes. My scurl will do now for the summer. Now i know how the ladies feel when their favorite product is discontinued or changed.:sad:

Eta- i kind of knew it would happen when she went to cvs, i was just hoping she would not change it. The new ingredients are probably cheaper.
Dayum!!!Well I have my hydrasilica,vitamin reign and juices & berries. I love the thickness of the TW mist....:wallbash:. Here we go again just when you think you got your staples down. When these small companies go big...exactly what happened with Carol's Daughter.

I finished my Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture. I also finished a bottle of JBCO. I have 2 backups.

Hi ladies, I still have like a half of jar of the TW mist. I forgot about it. I guess I didn't love it that much.

I feel bad for all the TW Luva's......That's Terrible.:nono:

I wonder now that JC, Miss Jessies and all that other stuff is now being mass-produced for places like Target & others, if the same thing will happen?:nono:

Cheap - Filler Ingredients?:blush:

im now twisting my hair. its not taking half as long as it normally does, i think because my hair was damp and not dry.

I wonder now that JC, Miss Jessies and all that other stuff is now being mass-produced for places like Target & others, if the same thing will happen?:nono:

well i dont know if it is cheap fillers but curls products have already slightly canged for target. i THINK its still natural but you know they had to change some ingredients so that they can sell it for cheaper.

I hope jc and the other stuff stays the same. Miss jessies can't really get any worse and alot of people like it. I would have tried it if it was cheaper.

@shay, the only place that might still have old tw mist is the bss's and bony. Unless people already blew up those spots.:look:

Finished a bottle of Dr Bronners Unscented Baby Mild. I decided to clean my bathroom sink becuase there wasnt enough in the bottle for my head. That counts right?

Threw out a bottle of Aussie spray. The first ingredient is alcohol.. Not good.

I am braiding my hair up for the next 2 weeks in minibraids. I am 1/3 through my head right now. I will then cowash with a mix of VO5 and Aussie Moist.

my twists are looking so good. i havent finished yet but i have one section left to do. of course there is no hold since im not using shea butter or a locking gel but if its gonna be pinned up it doesnt matter anyway.
i cant wait to get my afroveda so i can have hold to my twists without using shea butter all the time.

Ladies I have been very busy, I got over my 10,000 steps today doubled. Hubby is sick and I have been a road runner.

I just got finished my son's twist, he is under the dryer.

today is a mild day as far as using things up.

I thought I was going to use up the Neutrogena Recovery Mask but I still have one shot left in it.

I used up 2 vo5's conditioners that had nothing much in it, I had them sitting upside down for my son hair. All Gone! Must add that to my bag.

Ladies I am about to dump my Joico K Pak - trust I have had this for 10 years already and it looks a little nasty LOL. What do you ladies think?
I guess I wasn't too enthused with it and would like to finally put it out of it's misery!

Back