Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Girl, yall need to get that steamer! I have a Pibbs and the steamer is still better for DC's!

I Wholeheartedly Agree. It's probably the best investment, you'll ever make on a piece of Equipment for Overall, Hair Health.:yep:

I cannot "stress" enough, the Maximization of Product (Conditioners) on every level.

Girl, yall need to get that steamer! I have a Pibbs and the steamer is still better for DC's!
Alrighty then, the person with both equipment has spoken. I'll get the steamer first then :lachen:

I Wholeheartedly Agree. It's probably the best investment, you'll ever make on a piece of Equipment for Overall, Hair Health.:yep:

I cannot "stress" enough, the Maximization of Product (Conditioners) on every level.
Further strengthening the previous post.

Girl......Skip All That!:look: How did the Relaxer Go after 20+ Weeks?

Were you pleased with MBB? And did you end up getting the entire System?

How'd it All Turn Out!
LOL....I just replied to your PM.

Oh yeah guys h3ll no to the BKT. I read up on it recently.

It alters your hair texture using chemicals. I don't care if its temporary. Doesn't make it any better.

I for one couldn't consider myself natural if I used it. But that's just me.

Yeah I tried the home grown steam treatment and felt light headed. So I said bump this and got a steamer :lachen:!

LC, have you tried the Home Grown Steam Treatment? This is what I've been doing for months and it has paid off. It's also the main reason why I haven't ran off and get the steamer already. As a matter of fact, for the past week I've been thinking of getting a Pibbs dryer before I get the steamer :look:. I'll still be able to do a steam treatment with a big plus....drying my roller sets faster.

No i have not tried it but thanks inicola im going to read the thread and try it maybe this week.

So today I am

clarifying
detangle with conditioner
protein treatment
dryer
rinse out
DC
steamer
rinse out
ACV rinse
rollerset, or blow dry....not sure yet!

How you gonna list all that and not tell us what your using. Hmmmm:spinning:.

I got my hair in a pony using the d3 yay and my head doesn't hurt. I still have a few stray colochas that are out but that is to be expected. I really like this brush. I used some taliah waajid mist bodifier and sealed with some afroveda shea amla butter, these two are good combinations.

@che you have to tell us how you like the mist. I love it.

I wanted to say im glad that i use mostly natural products. I got some of that mist in my eye:look: I wasn't paying attention when getting ready and it shot right in my eye. It did not burn or turn red ,thank you lord, i just wiped it with a wash cloth. Don't try this at home.:nono:

I wanted to say im glad that i use mostly natural products. I got some of that mist in my eye:look: I wasn't paying attention when getting ready and it shot right in my eye. It did not burn or turn red ,thank you lord, i just wiped it with a wash cloth. Don't try this at home.:nono:

clarifying- AO Clarifying Shampoo
detangle with conditioner - Giovonni Magnetic Conditioner
protein treatment - Keratin Amino Acids mixed in Komaza Care Olive Mask
dryer
rinse out
DC- Darcy's Botanicals DC
steamer
rinse out
ACV rinse- ACV with some water
rollerset, or blow dry....not sure yet! Shescentit leave in, Sabino Moisture Block

Last edited:
Hi Ya'll. I just checked my Mail.:look:

My VF Musta' Came Yesterday! YAY!:woot:

2 Jars are already "gifted" out....so I'll have one left and the one I got from my Bud CharzB!:hug3:

So, now all I have to do is wait for BF and Get my Sitrinillah On!:grin:

clarifying- AO Clarifying Shampoo
detangle with conditioner - Giovonni Magnetic Conditioner
protein treatment - Keratin Amino Acids mixed in Komaza Care Olive Mask
dryer
rinse out
DC- Darcy's Botanicals DC
steamer
rinse out
ACV rinse- ACV with some water
rollerset, or blow dry....not sure yet! Shescentit leave in, Sabino Moisture Block

How do you like that dc charz? I just couldn't get interested in any of her stuff but the peach oil.

Hi Ya'll. I just checked my Mail.:look:

My VF Musta' Came Yesterday! YAY!:woot:

2 Jars are already "gifted" out....so I'll have one left and the one I got from my Bud CharzB!:hug3:

So, now all I have to do is wait for BF and Get my Sitrinillah On!:grin:

Yay, getting products is like winning a gold in the olympics yay.:lachen: I wish i could use it.

Okay Ya'll. I'm about where >>La & Shay<< are right about now.:look: After my "few" Minor BF Purchases, I think I will also be on: Product Hibernation Mode until Spring.

I don't really need another conditioner, reconstructor, deep conditioner, leave-in, butter or oil. So, I will probably drop off the product buying scene until Spring. (IK...We'll See):lachen:

I want to Focus on Analyzing what I currently have, Evaluating it and dwindling that down.

While Up 3-4 Times Last Night Re-tying My Scarf....I thought about it: I will break down and get the white Prettywrap. And I will get 2.:perplexed

I can't wait to get a Full Night Sleep without waking up tying something.:yawn:

I GIVE UP!:rolleyes:

Okay Ya'll. I'm about where >>La & Shay<< are right about now.:look: After my "few" Minor BF Purchases, I think I will also be on: Product Hibernation Mode until Spring.

I don't really need another conditioner, reconstructor, deep conditioner, leave-in, butter or oil. So, I will probably drop off the product buying scene until Spring. (IK...We'll See):lachen:

I want to Focus on Analyzing what I currently have, Evaluating it and dwindling that down.

While Up 3-4 Times Last Night Re-tying My Scarf....I thought about it: I will break down and get the white Prettywrap. And I will get 2.:perplexed

I can't wait to get a Full Night Sleep without waking up tying something.:yawn:

I GIVE UP!:rolleyes:

Finally:lachen:. How many products are you thinking of getting your stash down to. One from each category, 2 or what say you?

Finally:lachen:. How many products are you thinking of getting your stash down to. One from each category, 2 or what say you?

Nahh.....I Can't commit to a specific number!:nono:

I love a lot of products.:sekret:

I will just cut back buying and use what I have. I have some Super Deluxe products out there in Stashville. And the more I keep adding "other stuff" the further I get away from Trying them/Using them, especially since I only do my Hair Once a Week.:rolleyes:

I really need to be using them and I really need to stop buying more.:yep:

So, I hope the boredom of being housebound from the Winter Weather doesn't have an adverse affect on my On-Line Spending.:blush:

That will be a Huge Winter Hurdle. Shopping on-line.:ohwell:

Nahh.....I Can't commit to a specific number!:nono:

I love a lot of products.:sekret:

I will just cut back buying and use what I have. I have some Super Deluxe products out there in Stashville. And the more I keep adding "other stuff" the further I get away from Trying them/Using them, especially since I only do my Hair Once a Week.:rolleyes:

I really need to be using them and I really need to stop buying more.:yep:

So, I hope the boredom of being housebound from the Winter Weather doesn't have an adverse affect on my On-Line Spending.:blush:

That will be a Huge Winter Hurdle. Shopping on-line.:ohwell:

I know, i am having a hard time now but you just have to take it day to day. I guess it gets easier as time goes by.

I know, i am having a hard time now but you just have to take it day to day. I guess it gets easier as time goes by.

Yeah, Being Housebound (Snowed In) can potentially get you into alot of trouble.:perplexed

The other only thing I've been thinking about is some Argan Oil (for flatironing). I currently have 2 vials of Morrocan Oil and that little bottle of Argan they sent with the FHI Runway.

Other than my Qhemet, Afroveda, SheScenIt & Hairveda that would be the only other thing, I'd consider possibly buying.:yep:

I already know what I want from those companies, and if the deals aren't that great, I will happily "pass" on getting anything at all from them.

Oh Yeah:look:: My Other End of the Year "Splurge" Will probably be those Storage/Organization Bins.:yep:

I am feeling really good going into 2010 with my Current Stash it's looking pretty good.

My Overall Hair Care Practices and Regimen (especially HOTS and DC) and upping my MT in My Crown Area.:look:

I'm Especially Grateful for the trades I did with Che (which was a very smart move for both of us) and the product(s) I got from Americka, Brownie and Charz.:grin:

Brownie: Helped me Find a Staple Line (Alterna). Charz, Che, & Americka: Introduced me to things I currently did not have but wanted to try. (Thanks Ladies).:grin: It Right-sized my stash and off-set things I didn't currently have.

Hopefully, I will make it through winter w/o any unforeseen set-backs.:ohwell:
So, I can Go Into the New Year with Items I love and Not have any need to purchase alot of additional things.

Afroveda Users: Any Idea How that Card Works?:look: When you get a certain # (5) what? You get a % off or a Free Item or What?

You Mean Charzboss!:lachen: She'll Know.:lachen:

She probably got cards stacked up from here to Egypt!:look:

:lachen:crazy.

Its time for me to put my hair back in plaits. I loved wearing it in a ponytail today. I know with the d3 i will have more styling options. I can't wait to get enough hair to bun. So it will just be plaits for now. I will use a little more tw mist and shea amla cream for the night. My hair is still very soft.

:lachen:crazy.

Its time for me to put my hair back in plaits. I loved wearing it in a ponytail today. I know with the d3 i will have more styling options. I can't wait to get enough hair to bun. So it will just be plaits for now. I will use a little more tw mist and shea amla cream for the night. My hair is still very soft.

Thats Good.:yep: I think you are really getting into your DC Treatments too!:grin: When's your next DC and what do you plan to use?

Thats Good.:yep: I think you are really getting into your DC Treatments too!:grin: When's your next DC and what do you plan to use?

I am t, i love them. On wendsday im going to use my curls dc because i have alot of that. Some of my other dc's that im not going to buy again like silk elements and ytc will be used as hot prepoos until they are gone. Im going to try to work with everything open and rotate it until the products are gone. I know for sure that i will use up one thing this weekend, it will be the sample of ashlii you sent me because i am clarifying. I want to use that dc when clarifiying to set up my strength for the month, then it will be moisture for the rest of the month.:yep:

How do you like that dc charz? I just couldn't get interested in any of her stuff but the peach oil.

It was good. Made my hair feel good after my protein treatment. It hurts me though it was 20 bucks and its only gonna last me 2 more uses.

Ms. Terri asked me if the pretty wrap really does stay on your head all night.

YES THEY DO!

My baby cousin sleeps like she is possessed. I mean one night I was on the phone when she was in bed, and she was tossing and turning like a maniac. I thought I was waking her up, but she was asleep the whole time! This is the ONLY thing that has worked for her. Shoot, she has worn two scarfs and a bonnet at the same time and it STILL came off. You will love it!

Last edited:
It was good. Made my hair feel good after my protein treatment. It hurts me though it was 20 bucks and its only gonna last me 2 more uses.

Is it only 8oz? Her products are popular maybe she will make larger sizes in the future.

$20 is kind of steep but if it works really well, its worth it.

Ms. Terri asked me if the pretty wrap really does stay on your head all night.

YES THEY DO!

My baby cousin sleeps like she is possessed. I mean one night I was on the phone when she was in bed, and she was tossing and turning like a maniac. I thought I was waking her up, but she was asleep the whole time! This is the ONLY thing that has worked for her. Shoot, she has worn two scarfs and a bonnet at the sane time and it STILL came off. You will love it!

Hey Ya'll Didn't PUSHA :sekret:say a Few Pages Back....She Didn't Have One?

Now She mysteriously shows up with 2:lachen:

Back