Updated Pics--No Dent!

goodness, gracious! girrrrl, whew! your hair is awesome! i'm kinda tired of that adjective, but it's been so appropriate on this board lately. seriously, you have a lovely head of hair!!!
2415.gif

adrienne

That's it I'm jealous ! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Supergirl along with many of the ladies on this board have gorgeoussss hair! I have never had hair like that in my life and I'm hoping to god (crossin' fingers) that the vitamins and this hair regimen, and these braids, and my excercising , and everything else thatI've been learning to do right will pay off.

Ladies. I love your hair. I just hope that I can get there. It's encouraging to see so many 4a/4b ladies with so much length!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Congratulations on getting rid of the dents!
Your hair looks so thick, healthy and fabulous! You are a 4a/b????What????

Then there's hope for me! I'm going to look for your regime. I'm inspired.

What's a girl to do? Natural or relaxed????? Augggghhhhhh!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/images/graemlins/smirk.gifAZ

Awwwww, thanks everybody. Y'all are sooooo sweet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya, I do take the Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, and Nail Vitamins and I also take the Mary Kay women's multi-vitamin. I just started taking Puritan's Pride Biotin last week...excitedly waiting for the follicular action and all that!

Valleygirl, this is what I used before using the ceramic iron. First when my hair was semi-dry, I put some of the New Image Thermal Active Styler (thanks to your raves) in it. About an hour after that, I lightly sprayed it with Mizani Thermelastic Leave-In. (Mizani, I know, shhhhh....don't tell--I'm supposed to be mad at them). Then when it was dry and right before I straightened with the iron, I used Lanza ProtectShine. I really liked it too. It was my first time using it.

Sweet Pea and Only Child--regarding my regimen /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Do PJ's have regimens????????? Just kidding. Really though, I'm a bit of a PJ so I don't have a consistent regimen as far as products go, but here's what I do do consistently:

* Pre-Shampoo Treatment with Oil(I like Wheatgerm and/or Avocado Oil) or Cholesterol. Dark and Lovely Cholesterol or Dark and Lovely Dry Hair Healer are really great to me. This past week I also tried the homemade avocado conditioner that's on the recipe board and it was wonderful. I will def. use it again as a pre-treatment.

*Wash with a non-stripping shampoo, then condition with a very moisturizing conditioner, under the dryer 10-20 minutes. The one I use most often is Elucence Moisture Balance or Extended Moisture Repair. They can be mixed together too.
--If it's the first wash after a relaxer, I do use a clarifying shampoo and I mix Nexxus Keraphix, Humectress, and Botanic Oils together to condition.
--Six weeks after relaxer, I use a reconstructor. I like Joico K-Pak followed by Joico Moisturizing Conditioner.
--To dry, I usually use the Pony Tail Method or Allandra's Bun-In-the-Shower Method. I roller set but not often. I believe in roller-setting, it's just too much work for me.

*During the week, I wear protective styles MOST of the time. Most mornings, I moisturize with Allways 911 Leave-In Conditioner, Extra Dry Formula. This is some really good stuff. Sometimes, I moisturize in the evening time too. My favorite for the evening is Profectiv Break-Free. I am also falling in love with Elasta QP Mango Butter. Sometimes, I do a conditioner wash mid-week because of work-out sweat or because I'm a PJ and I'm trying to use something up. Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal is my fav. for conditioning on these days though.

*For my ends, I really love putting Jojoba oil or Avocado Oil on them. I put the oil on them in the morning. In the evening, I do one of several things to the ends:
a) Use profectiv healthy ends followed by Jojoba oil
b) wet ends with water using my finger tips and put Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner on them followed by jojoba oil

OR c) actually wet the ends and condition them with a rinse out conditioner, leave it a few minutes, then rinse, then of course jojoba oil.

I hope I have given you a good idea of what I do, even though a PJ, to take care of la hair. If there is anything else you'd like to know, just ask.

/images/graemlins/user.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You are a 4a/b????What????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes honey, I am a serious 4a/b!!!!!!!!!!! There is indeed hope for us. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supergirl,

Do you wrap your hair at night? If not, what do yo do with it before you put your scarf and/or bonnet on?

See, now you gonna make people buy that ceramic curling iron. I already have the ceramic flat iron. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Woohoo! Thanks for saving me from reading every single one of your posts by posting your regime above! Whew!

Yeah, I find it hard to stick to a regime, but I'm trying. Woo, girl, you weren't LYING about the PJ thing! Good gracious!
Let me see how I can tone that down a little to fit my lax regime...lol /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Well, yeah for the 4's (and of course 1-3's, as well /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Supergirl your hair is gorgeous. Very thick and long. Whatever you are doing you are working it girl because that's some purty hair you've got there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dark and Lovely Dry Hair Healer

[/ QUOTE ]

I just finished my first jar yesterday. Isn't the scent absolutely delicious?! Everytime I went into my bathroom I opened the container to get a sniff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I like that you can leave it on for just 7-10 minutes, too.

Serena,

Yes girlfriend, that dry hair healer smells wonderful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra, yeah girl, just let me know when and I'll be over there with my curling iron, ok! It's the 1" Ceramic Tools by Jilbere. I got it at Sally's when y'all did all those posts about them being on sale. This was my first time using it. I kept it on the lowest setting and it still did a nice job.

Oh also--I don't wrap my hair at night unless I just got a roller wrap at the salon (or I've done one at home). I kind of gather my hair pony tail style then lift it up, twist it once and lay it on top of my head. I bend over a little so that it doesn't fall back down while I tie on my scarf. That's all.

AZ Jeep Girl--do you use the Elucence products? If not, you have my personal guarantee on them /images/graemlins/smile.gif Not only are the products great, but their customer service is wonderful. So if there was one product out of my many faceted regime that I would recommend it would be the Elucence.

Thanks Iris for taking time to view the photos and taking time to post. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your hair is looking so good! I love the even, all over length. I can't wait till I'm rid of my last layer! You should change you name to Superhair!

Whatever you're doing, keep on doing it. Your hair looks fantastic. I don't like the dent the ponytail holder leaves either, but I can't get my hair to dry straight unless I have a fresh relaxer. What week were you in after retouch on the pics? Thanks for sharing.

Supergirl... Love the pix. You hair looks like.... hair that I would love to have! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Do you take vitamin supplements? If so, what? What progress have you made in say, the past year? I'm looking for some inspiration here... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Supergirl,

Magnificent! Such an inspiration. Keep up the good work! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

You guys are so nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm all blushin' and stuff. Hee Hee.

You should change you name to Superhair!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cute Sweetcocoa. Thanks /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

LaLa--this picture was almost 3 weeks after my retouch. I have to use the ponytail method too to get it to dry straight. That's why this time, I straightened it with the curling iron (only once every 4-6 months though!)

ny2atl--I take Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, and Nail Vitamins and I really like them. They also make your skin the BOMB! I take Mary Kay's Women's Multi Vitamin and I started on Puritan's Pride Biotin last week. As far as this time last year, my hair was definitely not this long. I was still going to my scissor happy stylist who kept my hair at the same length for about a year and a half. Actually, the sista shortened it over that time(please see Super Girl's #1 Tip). I did not stop going to her 'til the summer. In August, I joined BHCAB on Yahoo(Go Adrienne!!) and really got into my serious hair regimen. I know since October I have gained 2 full inches. I trim myself now.

Hope you like your pics? I love them! Seriously, your hair is beautiful, girl. Keep on growing...

I trim myself now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What technique do you use, Supergirl?

Supergirl I thought your hair looked great in the other pics but....WHOA /images/graemlins/shocked.gif they don't do your hair any justice. Your hair looks FANTANSTIC really long, think and beautiful. I have another hair hero to add to my list.

You GROW girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Mother of 2, LD, and GiGi. I've been taking the Andrew Lessman since around October. I switched to Country Life Maxi Hair around Mid-January, but I have gone back to the Andrew Lessman. I really believe that the vitamins give you stronger, healthier, new growth. Wish I'd known sooner...

Serena--looks like you've got some locks on that head too! For my trims, I just go around the bottom of my head. I trim in sections, maybe 10-12 sections in all. I stretch the hair out away from the head and pull 2 fingers down to the ends. I don't trim much at all, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I don't get it all perfectly even, but when you only trim a little, it doesn't really show. Also, wearing protective styles most of the time makes it un-important how even the hair is. I hope that helps. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Hey Supergirl,

I got so caught up in "other" posts that I missed this one of your hair!!

I can only echo what the other ladies have said, which is your hair is BEAUTIFUL!! Nice and thick and healthy looking from roots to ends!!

Great work!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did, thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice and thick and healthy looking from roots to ends!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tara! That sounds like a commercial. Are you in advertising? LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adf23 said:
wow Supergirl!!!!

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! No, I third, fourth and fifth that!!!!! LOL!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back