Another MAXIGLIDE review - with pics!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Thanks to my girls CH and LadyChe for taking the time to answer all my questions about this product. I'm on the bun and baggie challenges but decided to cheat in order to try out my new Maxiglide flat iron.

I was a little concerned about the tiny teeth that are on the plate but after I finished the first section of my hair I was convinced that I made a good investment. The teeth on the plate detangle and help straighten. I also liked the shine from root to tip when your done. I used Ion Heat Protectant spray on each section. (Another hit for this month)

This is the first flat iron that really straightened my thick hair and made it a little less bulky. It even got my new growth straighter. Right now I'm eight weeks post touch up and thanks to my vits my new growth is SUPER thick. I set the iron on 5 and used one steam burst for every section. The Maxiglide just glided right through.

Even though the plates are a little bigger than what I'm used to I was able to curl the end of each section with ease. I was pleased with the results considering this was my first time using it. For me it was worth every penny NOT to have that burnt hair smell when I'm done. I also loved that my ends felt soft when I was done and not dried out.

I give it a thumbs up! Pics are in my updated album.

Off to edit my hit or miss list.........

Last edited:
Poohbear said:
i'm so tempted to get me one... is it only sold online???

As far as I know it's on;y sold online. But if you buy from shopathometv.com you can get it on stretch pay. :)

hmmm.... $20 for 4 months... i might have to ask someone to get me this as a gift... like a late birthday present gift...heehee! :D

questions: do u use it on airdried hair? how many times do you run the maxiglide through one section of hair?

btw, i just checked out your album and your maxiglide pics of your hair look great! :up:

Poohbear said:
hmmm.... $20 for 4 months... i might have to ask someone to get me this as a gift... like a late birthday present gift...heehee! :D

questions: do u use it on airdried hair? how many times do you run the maxiglide through one section of hair?

btw, i just checked out your album and your maxiglide pics of your hair look great! :up:

I did do this on air dried hair. I only went over each section once. I sprayed each section with Ion Heat Protectant, combed and the used the maxiglide.

I purchased one because I was really impressed and curious but I think I'll wait until my hair grows out more before using it on my hair because the plates are so big. I use my Jilbere now.

Poohbear, sometimes you can catch the guy on HSN or QVC and he demonstrates on all types of hair and he says the purpose of the ceramic teeth is so you can detangle and straighten without having to use a blow dryer before hand so this cuts down on heat abuse and time. HTH

musiclova said:
Poohbear, sometimes you can catch the guy on HSN or QVC and he demonstrates on all types of hair and he says the purpose of the ceramic teeth is so you can detangle and straighten without having to use a blow dryer before hand so this cuts down on heat abuse and time. HTH

This is exactly what I was thinking! :D I could just airdry my hair and use this on each section of my hair after it dries! :) Seems like a great transitioning tool! :cool:

i LOVE the hsn show he does....he is a madman!! and they actually use a black woman with hair that looks natural! i was very impressed by that....i just wish i could afford it :( ah, well....

Question: Once you order the Maxiglide, how long does it take for you to get it in the mail???

Back