Updated my fotki...waist???

Waist length for sure - Without and beyond a shadow of a doubt! Looking good, Lady! Congratulations to you!

aww thanks chicoro. you always have such kind and supportive words. you are an inspiration and extremely encouraging....thank u!

I updated my regime and posted it on the journals section in my fotki.

My hair regime

My regime has changed so much over the years. The more I learn about my hair, the more I love it. SO, after years of trial and error, I think I may have found out what my ahir truly loves and what it truly hates.

My hair is 4a/b. I use Creme of Nature relaxer in super. I leave it on for only 10=15 minutes. I used to use regular, but then I had to leave the relaxer on for at least 45 minutes for my hair to get straight...and by that time, my scalp would be on firre. Now, I use super, and keep it on for a shiort period of time.

Also, i try to stay away from stylists. I only go to htem if I need to look super cute with a blow out, but if not, I will do everything my self...including relaxing.

Also, I never use a smal tooth comb on my hair...and in fact I only comb my hair once a weeki. my hair is very fragile, so it breaks easily. ...and combing causes my hair to break...so, I don't comb. I only comb to detangle on wash days...not for mainitenance. this is has probably been the most important think i have learned about my hair and it has allowed me to retain trememndous length.

Products:
Shampoo: CON (coarse dry hair) or ORS Aloe Shampoo
Conditioner: ORS replenishing conditioner (new found staple)
Leave ins: salerm 21, cantu shea butter, fantasia frizz buster, kemi-oyl
Vitamins: puritan pride mega hair skin and nails

Regime:
First off, I "comb" my hair once a week. On wash day, I slightly detangle my hair with a wide tooth comb, and then i hop in the shower to wash my hair. I part my hair down the middle, and wash my hair in those two sections with shampoo. The shampoo softens my hair, so as i wash teh shampoo out, I work the comb through the section of hair along the pressure of the water...helps big time with tangles. then I do the other side.

I keep the hair parted in those 2 sections, then I place the ORS conditioner on each section. Then, i place scrunchie on the 2 sections and pin the hair on top of my head and place a plastic cap on my head to prepare to deep condition. I usually sit under the hair dryer for 20 minutes, or let the conditioner sit on my head without heat for 3-5 hours.

Once i deep condition, i rinse out teh conditioner (still in the 2 sections). I comb my hair in the 2 sections while the conditioner is being rinsed from my hair. once all the conditioner is rinsed out, i "wringe" out my hair by section.

For bunning styles:
Then, once i exit the shower, I apply salerm 21, and fantasia frizz buster to whole head. then i apply the cantu shea butter. once my hair is partially dry, i apply more cantu shea butter to my hair, and then slightly detangle my hair. I then gently brush my hair into a bun, and wear my hair like that for 3 days. every morning, when i am in the shower, I quickly run my head under the shower head for a little moisture and then place a little more cantu on my ends, then rewrap the bun. I use a scrunchie soaked in castor oil to avoid breakage. A comb does not touch my hair for another week until I do a full wash and deep condition.

For wearing hair down:
If i decide to wear my hair down (very rarely...once a month), then once i exit the shower mfrom washing out teh conditioner, I apply salerm 21 and fantasia frizz buster to whole head. I do not put the cantu shea butter on my hair. once my hair is partially dry, i gently finger comb, and then i use a regular comb to detangle. then, I blow my roots and let the ends dry naturally. once my ends are almost dry, i roller set my hair. The magnetic rollers seem to "de-frizz" my hair. I do not sit under the dryer with the rollers (sometimes i may if i have the patience to deal with teh heat or want my hair to look super sleek). Once i take out the rollers, my ahir is super puffy and a little frizzy, so I wrap my hair, and while its wrapped, I take kemi oyl or frizz buster to go around my wrapped hair. Then I place a scarf on my head and go to sleep. in the morning, my hair is frizz free and straight.

NYC LHCF Meet UP Oct. or Nov. 2008
I am planning a LHCF meet up for late Oct. or early November 2008. Hopefully many can attend. I started a poll to see what date works best for you NYC ladies. The thread is in the Long Hair Care Forum Area Meetings section It will be fun to eat, drink, and of course, talk about hair! Here is the link!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=289469

Back