Update W. PICS: It's been 27 months since I joined LHCF and started my HJ

OH MY GOODNESS! What great, great progress! Your hair looks wonderful. You have gained and retained a tremendous amount of length in such a short time. Your hair is not just long. From the pictures you can see that you UNDERSTAND about how to focus on the health of your hair as well.

Bravo and congratulations to you. It is so inspiring to see someone's successful progress and it is wonderful to see that journey and progress captured and documented with photographs.

Thank you for posting and sharing your journey with us. It's posts like yours that keep inspiring me and keep me coming back to this hairboard.

PS- As someone has already mentioned, please post your regimen! What you are doing is obviously working!

Chicoro, you took the words right outta my mouth! :drunk:

Yes, awesome progress and growth Vestaluv1! You can you have an understanding about hair and it shows. Your hair looks healthy and shiny, you go girl!

What Ayurvedic products did you use and how did you use them? Also, what vitamins were you taking that you believed helped contribute to the growth/health of your hair? Will you go back to using Ayurveda/vitamins to get you to your next goal?

Awesome awesome progress!

Fantastic process! Are you back into ayurveda?

Not yet but I'm going to get back into it :yep:. I think I'll start with rinses at least once a week and use Kalpi Tone. Oh yeah and hot oil treatments as an overnight pre poo. I forgot I used to do that before when I first started trying to grow my hair.

I remember when you started on here and thought even though yr hair was longer than mine when I startemed my HHJ that you would achieve yr goal in no time.

You did not fail me. The growth and the health are amazing to say the least. I am really happy for you girl!

You are a definite inspiration! Bravo to you:notworthy:dance7::kiss:

Chicoro, you took the words right outta my mouth! :drunk:

Yes, awesome progress and growth Vestaluv1! You can you have an understanding about hair and it shows. Your hair looks healthy and shiny, you go girl!

What Ayurvedic products did you use and how did you use them? Also, what vitamins were you taking that you believed helped contribute to the growth/health of your hair? Will you go back to using Ayurveda/vitamins to get you to your next goal?

Awesome awesome progress!

I would normally pre poo with Amla or Brahmi Oil the night before using powders. I would also do a 10 minute head massage at this time.
Sometimes I added essential oils such as Rosemary or Peppermint.

I started mixing Shikakai and Amla, would add hot water stir and leave for roughly 1/2 an hour to an hour.
I would then strain the mixture through a stocking cap (didn't like using it as a paste as I couldn't get ALL the grit out my hair), pour the rinse over my head and massage my scalp for maybe 5 minutes. I would then place a plastic cap over my head, put cotton wool around the perimeter of my head so that the mixture wouldn't run down my face and leave the mixture in for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
After that, I would rinse it out, use any conditioner to soften the hair, rinse that out then and deep condition with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I would leave the mayonnaise on for about an hour with another plastic cap.

I didn't stick to the Shikakai and Amla blend. As a lot of you know, some powders are moisturising (Amla, Maka) and some on their own will dry the hair out (Shikakai, Aritha).
I would change the mixes making sure that there was a balance of cleansing powders and moisturising powders.
I have also used Neem which is good for cleansing, Brahmi which is stimulating so helps with growth and Kalpi Tone which has a blend of many powders.
I never used shampoos when I was using Ayurvedic products.

I used to used Vatika Oil quite often to seal my ends with moisture also.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking I need to get me some Vatika Oil :look:.

I'm definately going back to the Ayurveda. Not so sure about the vitamins as I'm on a budget... yep :look:.
However, I used Flaxseed, Silica, MSM, Vitamin B Complex and multivitamins. At one point I was using Biotin instead of the Vitamin B.
Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get back to the vitamins.

:congrats: That's some really great progress. I was not expecting those last two pictures. Amazing progress, beautiful hair!

I would normally pre poo with Amla or Brahmi Oil the night before using powders. I would also do a 10 minute head massage at this time.
Sometimes I added essential oils such as Rosemary or Peppermint.

I started mixing Shikakai and Amla, would add hot water stir and leave for roughly 1/2 an hour to an hour.
I would then strain the mixture through a stocking cap (didn't like using it as a paste as I couldn't get ALL the grit out my hair), pour the rinse over my head and massage my scalp for maybe 5 minutes. I would then place a plastic cap over my head, put cotton wool around the perimeter of my head so that the mixture wouldn't run down my face and leave the mixture in for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
After that, I would rinse it out, use any conditioner to soften the hair, rinse that out then and deep condition with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I would leave the mayonnaise on for about an hour with another plastic cap.

I didn't stick to the Shikakai and Amla blend. As a lot of you know, some powders are moisturising (Amla, Maka) and some on their own will dry the hair out (Shikakai, Aritha).
I would change the mixes making sure that there was a balance of cleansing powders and moisturising powders.
I have also used Neem which is good for cleansing, Brahmi which is stimulating so helps with growth and Kalpi Tone which has a blend of many powders.
I never used shampoos when I was using Ayurvedic products.

I used to used Vatika Oil quite often to seal my ends with moisture also.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking I need to get me some Vatika Oil :look:.

I'm definately going back to the Ayurveda. Not so sure about the vitamins as I'm on a budget... yep :look:.
However, I used Flaxseed, Silica, MSM, Vitamin B Complex and multivitamins. At one point I was using Biotin instead of the Vitamin B.
Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get back to the vitamins.

Thank you for such a detailed response. I was also using Ayurveda at one point...and got lazy :look: But, like you, I see that Ayurveda was really good for my hair. I will be going back, as well.

Thanks again and keep it up...I will be all up, in, and through your fotki :yep:

You know, my hair was looking good when I used the indian powders & oils, but stopped due to laziness, since I am off on saturdays,I will make that "Treat Time" for my hair!

I am so excited watching your progress vestaluv. I mean you have literally gained waist length hair from shoulder length in like 2 years. You are probably the only person I know that has hair that grow this fast. Amazing!

I am so excited watching your progress vestaluv. I mean you have literally gained waist length hair from shoulder length in like 2 years. You are probably the only person I know that has hair that grow this fast. Amazing!

Thanks Aggie. Congrats AGAIN on your big chop. Your natural hair is GORGEOUS. I look forward to watching your progress. :yep:

Lovely progess and hair :love:and an interesting story. Thanks for the detailed regime. I think I may add Ayurvedic products to my list of things to try.:yep:

You were one of my inspirations when I first found the boards in late 2008. I'm glad you came back for an update. You retained a tremendous amount of length. I can't wait until I'm around waist length. I BC'd last year so I have a long way to go but progress like yours ensures me that it is possible.

Thank you for posting!!!

Your hair growth is phenomenonal and your hair looks nice. I can't wait to be able to start taking care of my hair again.

Back