Update on wanna be SL's!!!

shetara20

Hello ladies! I just wanted to check up on the ladies who were tryin to make SL by december! Do you think you can make Sl before December. How far are you from SL????

As for me I ve had my micros for 3 weeks and a day and im ready to take them out!LOL:lachen:but ima wait for at least another 3 to 4 weeks weeks before doing so. If I can get SL and learn to deal with my hair at that length I would be tooooooo happy!

Update me on being SL ladies I know it aint easy!!!!

I've been SL before but I had to cut it. that was ten years ago and I was never able to get it back to where it was before.

Right now I am between NL and SL. I have more cutting to do and have some areas that need to catch up, so I have no idea when I will get there. I am hoping for next summer.

You are right. It's not easy but we have to have petience.

I've been SL before but I had to cut it. that was ten years ago and I was never able to get it back to where it was before.

Right now I am between NL and SL. I have more cutting to do and have some areas that need to catch up, so I have no idea when I will get there. I am hoping for next summer.

You are right. It's not easy but we have to have petience.

Good luck!!!!

My hair touches my shoulders now, but I want to have full curls on my shoulders.

What does everyone consider shoulder length? Touching or resting on shoulders?

I am hoping to make SL by December 08. The 'V' in the back of my head touches my shoulders, but my sides grow much slower.

I don't really go off the board's guidelines for SL/APL/BSL/MBL, etc., mainly because I think it's different for everyone. So for me, SL will be when my hair hangs down on my shoulders all the way across the back, not just the 'V'.

I am hoping to make SL by December 08. The 'V' in the back of my head touches my shoulders, but my sides grow much slower.

I don't really go off the board's guidelines for SL/APL/BSL/MBL, etc., mainly because I think it's different for everyone. So for me, SL will be when my hair hangs down on my shoulders all the way across the back, not just the 'V'.

ITA, mine too.

That makes sense. I think ill go by that way too!!!!

Right now I'm between NL and SL (see pic below). I have another 2 or 3 inches for the back to reach what I consider SL and maybe 3 or 4 inches for the sides. I'm pretty much on track to have the back at SL by the end of Dec. If not, I should be there by Feb 2009. I'm trying not to obsess over my hair growth and just enjoy the process.

Hair8-27-08-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm almost there (to my full satisfaction). I suspect if I straightened my hair, I would be there. My profile pic shows what I'm working with now. I'll definitely be there by December. :yep:

I don't know if I'm ever going to get over this hump :wallbash: this V is killing me. I hope by Dec. I'll be FULL SL with the sides catching up. I've been bunning but I might try some braids next month.

Right now I'm between NL and SL (see pic below). I have another 2 or 3 inches for the back to reach what I consider SL and maybe 3 or 4 inches for the sides. I'm pretty much on track to have the back at SL by the end of Dec. If not, I should be there by Feb 2009. I'm trying not to obsess over my hair growth and just enjoy the process.

Wow, your hair is really pretty, so shiny and healthy-looking.

I'm almost there (to my full satisfaction). I suspect if I straightened my hair, I would be there. My profile pic shows what I'm working with now. I'll definitely be there by December. :yep:

Just peeped your profile pic, I think you are already there.

Wishing all you ladies a speedy SL time! I am SL now and probably a little past. My hair is cut in layers so my sides are probably just touching SL now. As you said SL/APL/etc. is different for everyone. For me it was when the majority of my hair rested on or went slightly past my shoulders.

As I read from a previous poster, enjoy the process and your hair will grow.

Just peeped your profile pic, I think you are already there.

*points to self* Hair anorexic here. :lol: I think, based on pulling, that MOST of my hair is there. I'm not sure if the highest points of my V are fully there yet - I've 'claimed' it in my siggy, but I'm still not TOTALLY confident in it.

*points to self* Hair anorexic here. :lol: I think, based on pulling, that MOST of my hair is there. I'm not sure if the highest points of my V are fully there yet - I've 'claimed' it in my siggy, but I'm still not TOTALLY confident in it.

It takes a while to be full sl but you can def claim sl, so quit being anorexic:naughty:. Shoot some people don't make it to full sl in front until they are like bsl in the back.

Thanks Hopeful!

You're welcome:).

I'm not sure. If I don't make it by December, atleast I know I did my best. I won't stress about it. We'll see.

For those aiming for SL, i have a small tip that I wish someone had told me when I was at that stage: RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO "EVEN" things out. Hair grows in layers, and at this stage your hair WILL look rageddy and "uneven". If you allow the layers to grow uncut, you will reach your goal much faster.

HTH

I hope my hair reaches my shoulders by december. I won't claim it until my hair fully touches my shoulders. I'm positive my sides won't, but I know my back will...and like platinum, I won't stress if i don't make it there fully by december. as long as it's healthy then i'm happy!

special1stwash017-1.jpg

Here's a pic from when I got a relaxer in July. I haven't had a relaxer since. I reeeeeeaaaallllly want my hair (sides and all) to touch my shoulders by december!!! It'll take hard work, but so far I'm keeping up with my regi

Last edited:
I hope to be at sl by december. but i doubt i'll get the full sl i want. i'm sure my hair will touch my shoulders when stretched but what i consider full sl is when my hair rests on my shoulders, not when i pull down on it and jus the ends barely touch it. my goal for next summer is to have a curly rollerset and have it touching my shoulders. that would b so fab!!! can't wait

I think I can still make it by December, except for the bangs. I am between NL and SL right now. Mega-Tekking my way there hopefully by December.

I doubt my sides will ever fully touch my shoulders :nono: Even when I had APL-BSL hair before, my sides always appeared shorter even though it was the same length all over. When my hair was all pulled straight up (like in a ponytail) the hair was even.

For those aiming for SL, i have a small tip that I wish someone had told me when I was at that stage: RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO "EVEN" things out. Hair grows in layers, and at this stage your hair WILL look rageddy and "uneven". If you allow the layers to grow uncut, you will reach your goal much faster.

HTH

ITA...this is excellent advice. :yep:

I had high hopes last year when I said I would be SL by the end of December. I'm in between NL and SL and I just don't think I'll get there. I'll be REALLY close tho. I'm more stressed out now, so it's growing s-l-o-w!!!

Back