Update on wanna be SL's!!!

special1stwash017-1.jpg

Here's a pic from when I got a relaxer in July. I haven't had a relaxer since. I reeeeeeaaaallllly want my hair (sides and all) to touch my shoulders by december!!! It'll take hard work, but so far I'm keeping up with my regi

You are so pretty. What a cute pic.

I hope to be at sl by december. but i doubt i'll get the full sl i want. i'm sure my hair will touch my shoulders when stretched but what i consider full sl is when my hair rests on my shoulders, not when i pull down on it and jus the ends barely touch it. my goal for next summer is to have a curly rollerset and have it touching my shoulders. that would b so fab!!! can't wait

I love how you described your goal for next summer--it sounds really fab and lovely:yep:. I want to see those pics.

For those aiming for SL, i have a small tip that I wish someone had told me when I was at that stage: RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO "EVEN" things out. Hair grows in layers, and at this stage your hair WILL look rageddy and "uneven". If you allow the layers to grow uncut, you will reach your goal much faster.

HTH

Now I am really torn. There is a section of my hair in the front that is APL. This weekend I am going to get my hair flat-ironed AND I was going to have her even things out lol. My right side grows at a faster pace than my left, it's between 1 and two inches longer on the right. My dd's hair does the same thing, she recently had her hair evened up and she felt such a relief because it was really starting to bug her. My hair is starting to feel lop-sided and I do want to wear it out on my way to my goal. What should I do:whyme:?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tada1 View Post
For those aiming for SL, i have a small tip that I wish someone had told me when I was at that stage: RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO "EVEN" things out. Hair grows in layers, and at this stage your hair WILL look rageddy and "uneven". If you allow the layers to grow uncut, you will reach your goal much faster.

HTH

Thanks for this tip- my roommate says she can see my hair progress in the last 2 months, but my ends look so raggedy to me. They are not split (I had a cut in July) but they look raggedy. When I first joined this board, I thought I would be SL by Dec. I may make it, but it won't be the "full" SL that I want, like full with curls, bounce and still appear SL.

Last edited:
My back touches my neck 9when stretched) because i'm transitioning, but it seems that it's been that way forever. but one thing i will reccomend is not focusing on the length. someone once told me that a watched pot never boils! And i believe it. back when i first joined, i did not measure my progress or anything and my hair seemed to thrive. the months of june & july i was determined to check it and measure it everyday and it seemed like it got no where. now i just sit back and keep doing what i need to do for my hair while focusing on other things as well (other than growth and how many inches).

The less stressed, the more blessed.

I made it. It's not as full as I'd like it to be but I'm resisting the temptation to cut it :lol:...at least until ALL of my layers are at shoulder length

HTH
SUCH an excellent point... I cut about 1.5 inches off in July, thinking my ends were damaged, etc., when really my layers were just growing out and looking retarded. :lol: Now my hair looks EXACTLY like it did in July, because that's just how my hair grows.

Ladies PLEASE resist the urge to even things out... keep your hair clipped up during this time period so you won't have to SEE your 'raggedy' looking ends all the time.. I would have been at SL by now, had I not cut. Ah well.:)

I made it. It's not as full as I'd like it to be but I'm resisting the temptation to cut it :lol:...at least until ALL of my layers are at shoulder length

You changed your name! Wasn't it Amerikan? Anyway, girl your hair is growing so quickly, it's very pretty.

damn you OP.... I haven't thought about hair growth for almost 33 weeks and I liked it!!!
:lol:

anyways my hair is hidden under the sew in for the last 3 weeks and 3 days. I plan to remove the weave in the 4th week, though I'm comptemplating going 5 weeks. We'll see. The pic in my sig was taken over 1 month ago so I know I have some growth. I place my fingers through the cornrows below the weave and I can feel the NG.

You changed your name! Wasn't it Amerikan? Anyway, girl your hair is growing so quickly, it's very pretty.

Thank you! summer time is my grow season and winter is shed shed shed! :ohwell: And yeah my sn was amerikan but I like alabama better :grin:

Now I am really torn. There is a section of my hair in the front that is APL. This weekend I am going to get my hair flat-ironed AND I was going to have her even things out lol. My right side grows at a faster pace than my left, it's between 1 and two inches longer on the right. My dd's hair does the same thing, she recently had her hair evened up and she felt such a relief because it was really starting to bug her. My hair is starting to feel lop-sided and I do want to wear it out on my way to my goal. What should I do:whyme:?

If you really want to wear your hair out, you can do rollersets, bantus, twistouts, basically any curly style that will mask the unevenness until the left side catches up. Whatever you do, put the shears down! :look:

*points to self* Hair anorexic here. :lol: I think, based on pulling, that MOST of my hair is there. I'm not sure if the highest points of my V are fully there yet - I've 'claimed' it in my siggy, but I'm still not TOTALLY confident in it.

Since you're not claiming your length can you pass it this way so that I can claim it!!!! :grin: Call those things as if they were...and you ARE SL!!!

Back