Update: Bye Bye stragely ends!

nnmiles

Well whether I wanted to say Goodbye to them or not, they are gone! Getting even hair, sacrifices your length, but at least I can say I have healthy ends. Trying to get and stay at mid back length is hard! I went to Ossama's Hair salon in South Holland, IL. They washed, deep conditioned, blow it dry and straightened my hair with the heat machine (Yikes!) But overall I am pleased. I wonder how much they cut off, I just said make it look nice. Check out my added pics to my 2010 album of my fotki. Well just the last two are new. lol.

I know a lot of people who went there when I was in High School. I've never been there personally. I was thinking I needed a trim before I head back down to school. Do you recommend there? I'm not trying to put too much heat on my hair though because I don't want my NG to lose its curl... Also how much do they usually chage?

I know a lot of people who went there when I was in High School. I've never been there personally. I was thinking I needed a trim before I head back down to school. Do you recommend there? I'm not trying to put too much heat on my hair though because I don't want my NG to lose its curl... Also how much do they usually chage?

No I do not recommend this place!!!! They use way to much heat for my taste. I just wanted a nice trim, and in my opinion they are the only place that listens to me about how I want my hair trimmed. In the past I would straighten my hair myself and then just go to them for the trim. Which was super cool coz then it only cost 15 dollars. But I haven't had someone else wash my hair in forever!!! So I wanted to treat myself because I just finished post partum shedding!!! So if your hair is healthy then go, but if it's not, then straigten it yourself and then just go in for a trim. They only take walk-ins anyway. Let me know.

I went to the one in Hyde Park 3 weeks ago and they did a good job. They blow dried my hair and curled it. My stylist recommended that they NOT flat iron or silk my hair, but only curl it, because my hair was TOO soft. I appreciated that so that I would have less heat to my hair. They also trimmed my hair, although I went home and cut off more. They charged about $40-50.
I also appreciated how the guy who blow dried my hair tried to teach me how to blow dry my own hair, using their technique.
I will probably go back when its time for another trim.:yep:

I went to the one in Hyde Park 3 weeks ago and they did a good job. They blow dried my hair and curled it. My stylist recommended that they NOT flat iron or silk my hair, but only curl it, because my hair was TOO soft. I appreciated that so that I would have less heat to my hair. They also trimmed my hair, although I went home and cut off more. They charged about $40-50.
I also appreciated how the guy who blow dried my hair tried to teach me how to blow dry my own hair, using their technique.
I will probably go back when its time for another trim.:yep:

I would love to know what their technique is to blow dry your hair. Please post if you can. Thank you.

I would love to know what their technique is to blow dry your hair. Please post if you can. Thank you.

Hey there! Umh I really don't like their technique for blow drying. But they use a round bristle brush and blow it dry until it is straight. And when I blow dry my own hair, as you can see in my albums it is big. But when they did it, the blow drying took forever and my hair was not big, which let me know that they really used a lot of heat.

Oh and the cost of the service was pretty steep at 70 dollars, it would of been 10 more if I hadn't come on their 10 dollar off day. If I didn't get the deep conditioned it would of been 60.

Your hair is gorgeous. :spinning::spinning:

I've heard so much about their shop and know of a couple of people who get their hair done there and the results are wonderful. I don't like that they use so much heat.

Oh and the cost of the service was pretty steep at 70 dollars, it would of been 10 more if I hadn't come on their 10 dollar off day. If I didn't get the deep conditioned it would of been 60.

Your hair is beautiful!!! I've been deciding between going to them and a few other places in the s. burbs. They might be the winner, thanks to you :yep: However, i'm still trying to decide what i want so it'll be a while. When are their $10 off days?

Your hair is beautiful!!! I've been deciding between going to them and a few other places in the s. burbs. They might be the winner, thanks to you :yep: However, i'm still trying to decide what i want so it'll be a while. When are their $10 off days?

Hey Rayne there are two Ossama's in South Holland one, by Jewel Osco on 159th and the other one which is where I went that is also on 159th. The 10 dollar off days are M-T-W. I would definitely go there again. But not until my hair needs another trim. I do love the way they trim the hair.

Your hair is gorgeous. :spinning::spinning:

I've heard so much about their shop and know of a couple of people who get their hair done there and the results are wonderful. I don't like that they use so much heat.

Yeah, they do use a lot of heat. But they are gentle. I've been to some salons where they don't use of heat but when they used the blow dryer they would pull and snag at my hair. At Ossama's, although they use a lot of heat, they don't pull and snag at your hair, they are gentle, if that makes sense. I wouldn't go to them every 2 weeks, but I will go to them every 6 to 8 weeks for my trims. If you do go, definitely get the steam deep conditioner treatment to safeguard your hair for the upcoming heat blast.

Back