Unruly new growth

motherof2

Hi! I took my braids down, after 8 weeks, and my hair is a mess. My hair is shedding and breaking, which I expected. But the new growth is so hard and unmanageable, I don't know what to do. It's been about 11 wks since my last relaxer. I have 4a/4b hair. I'm trying to wait another week before I get my next relaxer. I'm using the ponytail method to dry my hair, but the new growth has a life of its own. Help!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Do you have a really good flat iron you could use (after doing some really good deep conditoning, of course) that would make things easier? I find this really helps in between that time.

<font color="purple"> I have the same problem! After 7 weeks I have about 1 inch of unruly new growth. I washed my hair yesterday and this is what I've found works so far, after shampoo use a really moisturizing conditioner or hot oil treatment to help soften the new growth, apply leave in conditioner then I roller set my hair which worked wonders to straighten the roots (ponytail method can also work). I let my hair dry about 80% then I part it in sections going back and applied Wild Growth to the roots and length of the hair and then wrapped it. When I took my hair down the roots were much easier to comb and the rest of my hair was soft and shiny. I find applying the Wild Growth Oil to my roots and then covering my hair up allows my body heat to help it penetrate better and my hair always feels great afterwards. Also maybe you should try wearing protective hairstyles until your touchup and incorporate a protein treatment to help with the breakage. I follow Adrienne's method of using S-Curl activator on my ends and incorpate the WGO by applying it to my ends to seal the S-curl and then cover my ends with a plastic baggie, during the day you can put it in a bun. I hope this helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>

you could also put s-curl activator on your roots. many ladies here have had success streching out their relaxers and managing new growth by put this in their to soften the new growth. i think someone here used lanza curl relaxing shampoo and loreal unfrizz(?) to manage the new growth. also rollersets can help. God bless you all.

Back