Uneven hair shape/Should I get my hair cut in the back?

ShiShiPooPoo

My hair was once cut over my ears and bobbed in the back. Now that it is growing out a lot, it is staying shorter in front(about two inches below my ears) and longer in the back(longest point is at the bottom of my neck).:wallbash: Because I am a Libra and have to have balance, I am thinking about getting the back cut to blend better with the front so that it can just grow on out. Now, this would require at least 2 inches be cut off to even it up. I would not be able to pull it back for my fake bun either. Should I just continue on? A stylist told me I could get a sew in on the sides until they caught up with the back but I am NOT a sew in type person and I don't think they will catch up. What would YOU do? My hair doesn't look bad now when I wear it down but it would look better (better shape) if I got it cut.

I would not cut it if it were me:nono:... but if it's going to bug the stew out of you and you can't adapt to the different lengths then cut it. You hair in your siggy is very pretty and when you wear your hair curled all the different lengths would be camoflauged(sp?) IMO.

hth!

Last edited:
UGH! I don't know what to do!

I want a cute little style that is nice and even but I NEED to be able to pull it back when necessary. Do I sacrifice length now for future benefit? or do I leave it alone and possibly have to cut a hella lot off in the back anyway somewhere down the line? I know my front won't catch up with the back.

i'm a Libra too and i'm all about balance... on top of that i've always been scissor-happy... :look:

i think the front of my hair literally grows at half the speed of the rest of my head. :lachen: since i'm natural, shrinkage disguises the length difference for a while. i only get my hair trimmed twice a year now. literally i had all my hair the same length except the slow-growing front, so i had two layers of hair and it looked like a mullet. :nono: so i had real layers cut into my in February and it looks great now. i say leave it be and let all your hair grow out... you can always get it cut later, and maybe if you wait you can cut layers or something to where you can still pull your hair back AND it will look good when down. :grin:

Last edited:
It took a while but my front grew to the length I wanted. I just looked at it today and my old bangs are now one inch below chin length. The rest of my hair is BSL. My stylist (who I don't go to anymore) constantly cut them even though I repeatedly told him that I wanted to grow them out. How about taking a couple of weeks to really try to think of other things to do with your hair. Maybe a style change. A cut may not be what you need or want.
Do you really need to cut that much of your hair off at this point? How about a light dusting just to get it out of your system and then full steam ahead!!!
All this is just to say - don't do it!!!

I vote you don't cut it. My hair grows unevenly and I cut off lots of progress while trying to keep a blunt cut.

In my hair's defense I will say that as it is growing it is becoming a lot more even/balanced than it did 2 months ago so I do believe that it will look better as it grows out. Maybe a few more layers? (I love layers) will make it look more shapley?

i say leave it and let it grow out...

hair does not grow evenly...

I agree. Best to leave it alone and let your hair do it's thing. If I cut the back (which is skimming BSL) to keep up with the front of my hair (which falls about jaw length) my hair would take forever to reach the length I want. It just grows in that way, and much as I want one-length hair, I've accepted that I'm just going to have to wait until the front and sides catch up with the back, not the other way around.

(I have a feeling my hair lengths would horrify most Libras. :look: :) )

I vote you don't cut it. My hair grows unevenly and I cut off lots of progress while trying to keep a blunt cut.

Ditto. It sounds like your hair just grows in that pattern. If you cut now, most likely you'll end up with the same problem in a couple months. Just leave it alone.

My hair was once cut over my ears and bobbed in the back. Now that it is growing out a lot, it is staying shorter in front(about two inches below my ears) and longer in the back(longest point is at the bottom of my neck).:wallbash: Because I am a Libra and have to have balance, I am thinking about getting the back cut to blend better with the front so that it can just grow on out. Now, this would require at least 2 inches be cut off to even it up. I would not be able to pull it back for my fake bun either. Should I just continue on? A stylist told me I could get a sew in on the sides until they caught up with the back but I am NOT a sew in type person and I don't think they will catch up. What would YOU do? My hair doesn't look bad now when I wear it down but it would look better (better shape) if I got it cut.

you too....:spinning::drunk::yep:

I say don't cut it. This is the exact reason that my hair is cut in layers. The back grows way much faster than the front. Why would I deny myself the length just because the front is slow?

Also, what is the future gain for cutting the back?

don't cut. i have the same problem. i was gonna cut it because it bothered me so much but as it grows out, it seems to be evening out a little bit. i just did styles that kinda hid the sides/front. I twisted them and left the back out mostly. try to find styles that camouflage the lengths.

plus, if you cut it, and it grows back the same way, you will really regret it!! :wallbash: i know i would...

I don't think that you should cut it either. My hair is different lengths and I'm trying to grow it out so I'm leaving it alone.

Back