Ummm.... BKTers Im confused!

Moniquenuss

Ok so I was on youtube looking for more demos on how to do the BKT. and came across this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRzZMK1q4A
Now Im confused because everywhere else states that you are not suppose to get your hair wet for 72hrs and here they are 60 mins later rewashing and DCing her hair! Im sorry im not about to sit through all that heat just to have you do it again in an hour! Please tell me this is wrong!

I think it depends on which brand of treatment you use. Soft-Liss, for example, can be rinsed after one hour then a mask is applied and the hair is blown dry again. Agi Max is also rinsed out the same day.

Don't quote me on this but I've also read (I think it was on the Lamas Beauty forum) that for treatments requiring a 48-96 hour waiting period you can rinse early if you only wish to reduce the frizz and not relax the curl. I'll try to find the post again.

Yes, different products, different concentrations, different directions. Naturaltobe just got the Lasio with formaldehyde that is washed out after 24 hours. The Lasio formaldehyde free is 3 days without wash. I think I read that Brittany no longer avoids wash for 3 days with Global, even. She says she sees no difference washing it out after she's done.

Another difference mentioned by BKT vet FoxxyLisa; she says she does not blow dry the hair 80% dry before application of the bkt formula. She has her hair towel dried, applies bkt, blow dries, flat irons. I believe this would be much more gentle on my hair than blow drying with manipulation without product. I was thinking I'd probably squeeze the hair nearly dry with a microfiber towel before applying the product and followed by blow dry.

Back