Umm...WOW!!!...Clairol Natural Instincts

ElizaBlue

Can I just say I'm speechless. I went to the BSS to get my monthly bottle of rinse, Soft Sheet Carson whatever in black. They were closed.

I trot over to Walgreens. They seem to be out of all the semi-permanent colors except one. Clairol Natural Instincts....white girl on the box. I keep looking. 20 minutes later, still no Soft Sheen Carson, I pick up the Natural Instincts...midnight black.

I buy it. I read the whole box and all of the instructions. Pay particular attention to the part that says this stuff can cause depigmentation. I know they talking to me cause the model with the shiny black hair on the box is already depigmented.

I get home and put the box on the counter. Wash my hair...again. Condition it....again. Log on the LHCF and do a search of CNI. Everyone who posted except maybe one person, gave it rave and very favorable reviews. I decide to just do it.

I leave it on for about 20 minutes. It clearly said no more than 8 for relaxed hair. We never listen. That's why we ain't on the box...see.:rolleyes:

Anyway I get back in the shower rinse it out, no shampoo. And notice that after a really short time the water was clear. Ummmm...that's different.

I look in the mirror and see my hair not on my shoulders but obediently laying against my back. This would be called detangled. I move my neck around and it all moves together as if it had already been combed neatly back.

WOW....:look: I said WOW:look:

Then I put the tube of conditioner on. Much more than the little packet that SSC includes in their color package. I put on a plastic cap and wait about 3 maybe 4 minutes. I take off the cap and begin to rinse my hair.

WOW...:look:just WOW:look:

My hair is sooooo soft and soooo black. Like a runaway slave at 2am black. (Don't even waste your time pming me) I mean black black. I love it. Absolutely I love it. My hair is soft and shiny like it's never been before.

Ladies, here is my testimony...don't sleep on the Clairol. The box with the white girl is okay with me.

The way you told that made me laugh.
Yeah, some white girl products aren't so bad hey. (:

I was really wondering if I should do it. Others can use stuff on their hair that will break ours off right at the follicle. But so far so good. I just didn't know it would be this black. So now like my edges are black which makes it look DYED for real.

I didn't dye it to color my edges, just my damn lighting bolt down the center of my head. I'm not ready for the Mrs. Adams look yet.:lachen:

i love their hair color. i never reviewed it but i use the color nutmeg (to give my hair a nice even color because i had botched peroxied highlights) and rose wood(before hair boards i was natural and applied this an flat ironed. everyone exclaimed how red my hair was...inside.) both give me excellent *NOTICABLE*results. when i grow my hair out im going to use the nutmeg for darker hair.

i tried soft sheen carson once becuase i didnt have the money to buy natural instincts and i disliked it.the color ran quick

:lol: Ok you had me in here laughing like I've lost my mind! I used to use clarol all of the time in college. I can't find it anymore but I LUBDEDEDED that color. It was a dark brown that gave natural looking highlights. They took the mixed chick with curly hair off of the box and I couldn't find it. I forgot the brand but it was AWESOME.

I wouldn't mind trying to do it again but my hair's kinda funny now.

Can I just say I'm speechless. I went to the BSS to get my monthly bottle of rinse, Soft Sheet Carson whatever in black. They were closed.

I trot over to Walgreens. They seem to be out of all the semi-permanent colors except one. Clairol Natural Instincts....white girl on the box. I keep looking. 20 minutes later, still no Soft Sheen Carson, I pick up the Natural Instincts...midnight black.

I buy it. I read the whole box and all of the instructions. Pay particular attention to the part that says this stuff can cause depigmentation. I know they talking to me cause the model with the shiny black hair on the box is already depigmented.

I get home and put the box on the counter. Wash my hair...again. Condition it....again. Log on the LHCF and do a search of CNI. Everyone who posted except maybe one person, gave it rave and very favorable reviews. I decide to just do it.

I leave it on for about 20 minutes. It clearly said no more than 8 for relaxed hair. We never listen. That's why we ain't on the box...see.:rolleyes:

Anyway I get back in the shower rinse it out, no shampoo. And notice that after a really short time the water was clear. Ummmm...that's different.

I look in the mirror and see my hair not on my shoulders but obediently laying against my back. This would be called detangled. I move my neck around and it all moves together as if it had already been combed neatly back.

Then I put the tube of conditioner on. Much more than the little packet that SSC includes in their color package. I put on a plastic cap and wait about 3 maybe 4 minutes. I take off the cap and begin to rinse my hair.

My hair is sooooo soft and soooo black. Like a runaway slave at 2am black. (Don't even waste your time pming me) I mean black black. I love it. Absolutely I love it. My hair is soft and shiny like it's never been before.

Ladies, here is my testimony...don't sleep on the Clairol. The box with the white girl is okay with me.
:lachen::lachen:

*chokes and sputters after reading post*:lachen:
I'm glad you liked it EB, really really glad, I might have to go check it out now....

i love their hair color. i never reviewed it but i use the color nutmeg (to give my hair a nice even color because i had botched peroxied highlights) and rose wood(before hair boards i was natural and applied this an flat ironed. everyone exclaimed how red my hair was...inside.) both give me excellent *NOTICABLE*results. when i grow my hair out im going to use the nutmeg for darker hair.

i tried soft sheen carson once becuase i didnt have the money to buy natural instincts and i disliked it.the color ran quick

I know. SSC hated every conditioner and shampoo I used, even the ones for color treated hair. Matter of fact if I just rinsed it, it still ran everywhere.

:dead:

:lachen:

Hrrrm, if I ever go back to the chemical coloring, I'm going to have to keep this in mind - thanks!

yes yes. i have been using natural instincts for quite a while to cover my grey. i love it because i have a sensitive scalp and it has never caused me any problems. the color lasts quite a while too. i love the conditoner tube that's included in the box.

for those who use midnite (black), keep in mind it will be more like a permanent color then demi/temporary. there's a small disclaimer on the back of the box about that...

right now i use nutmeg (dark brown).

yes yes. i have been using natural instincts for quite a while to cover my grey. i love it because i have a sensitive scalp and it has never caused me any problems. the color lasts quite a while too. i love the conditoner tube that's included in the box.

for those who use midnite (black), keep in mind it will be more like a permanent color then demi/temporary. there's a small disclaimer on the back of the box about that...

right now i use nutmeg (dark brown).

Are you serious? Interesting enough my hair feels much much better than when I used Soft Sheen Carson. Why is that? If this is suppose to be stronger then why not dryer feeling? This stuff had to be mixed and didn't look at all black at first.

But my hair does not feel dry and crunchy. I may have stumbled upon something here ya'll. But I know I can't get with my edges the same color as the rest of my hair. I mostly wear my hair up in a bun and my edges look like the very middle of my hair.

But dang if this is how their semi works and I won't suffer any breakage when I get another relaxer, I will be in Heaven for real. I think I'ma go wash my hair just to see if it fades. Oh I forgot I can't was for 24 hours...or was it 48?

Are you serious? Interesting enough my hair feels much much better than when I used Soft Sheen Carson. Why is that? If this is suppose to be stronger then why not dryer feeling? This stuff had to be mixed and didn't look at all black at first.

But my hair does not feel dry and crunchy. I may have stumbled upon something here ya'll. But I know I can't get with my edges the same color as the rest of my hair. I mostly wear my hair up in a bun and my edges look like the very middle of my hair.

But dang if this is how their semi works and I won't suffer any breakage when I get another relaxer, I will be in Heaven for real. I think I'ma go wash my hair just to see if it fades. Oh I forgot I can't was for 24 hours...or was it 48?

hey elizablue

i think you're suppose to wait 48 hours before washing it. natural instincts is a demi color which lasts longer than a semi-which is a more like a rinse i guess.

i am not sure why the black color acts more like permanent than the other colors... nutmeg and egyptian plum will eventually wash out and fade.

i don't have a relaxer, but the box says not to leave on longer than 8 minutes if you do.

if you are natural and you have resitant grey (like me) you can go up to 20 minutes. folks with relaxers should definitely not leave it on that long and follow the box timing.

my hair does not get crunchy either with this patricular brand. i really like it.

Just FYI....Biglots had a great selection of these colors. They are not expired either. I bought two boxes for my next color change and they are good until 2011. 70% off.

Just FYI....Biglots had a great selection of these colors. They are not expired either. I bought two boxes for my next color change and they are good until 2011. 70% off.

where the heck is this big lots... Can I go online and get them too?

I think I was that one person...lol... I just wanted a temporary cover up for my hair which was a MILLION different colors... and i had used a permanent soft black and it faded into a nice dark brown... so i figured a demi black would do the same... It didnt:nono:

Dont get me wrong... the color was beautiful and shiny, my hair was healthy. the only problem I had was the fact it never came out... But i might use the nutmeg again cause after i got the black out finally with *cough cough* Bleach *cough cough* I got a bunch of colors again... smh... I need to leave well enough alone.

I tried this after getting frustrated with my rinses fading too quickly. I love this stuff!!! I use the Egyptian Plum color, and it has covered my gray and lasted for over a month.

I'll always use this as my demi/semi color from now on.:yep:

I tried this after getting frustrated with my rinses fading too quickly. I love this stuff!!! I use the Egyptian Plum color, and it has covered my gray and lasted for over a month.

I'll always use this as my demi/semi color from now on.:yep:

That sounds really pretty.

where the heck is this big lots... Can I go online and get them too?

I think I was that one person...lol... I just wanted a temporary cover up for my hair which was a MILLION different colors... and i had used a permanent soft black and it faded into a nice dark brown... so i figured a demi black would do the same... It didnt:nono:

Dont get me wrong... the color was beautiful and shiny, my hair was healthy. the only problem I had was the fact it never came out... But i might use the nutmeg again cause after i got the black out finally with *cough cough* Bleach *cough cough* I got a bunch of colors again... smh... I need to leave well enough alone.

BigLots is a discount store. They have all kinds of stuff for the low low prices

Maybe your hair feels smooth and tamed due to the porosity? Sounds like the other color left the cuticle open - which would leave the hair dry, tangly or frizzy. Maybe the CNI has a higher acidity or something so it closes and smooths the cuticle?

I have heard people say that their hair feels healthier when it's been dyed, and that's probably the reason why.

OMG I love this brand. Matter of fact just finished washing mine out. I use the midnight black also. I sometimes (not today) use it right after I realx my hair and I haven't experienced any breakage. It's definitely a keeper!

Your Biglots must be BANGIN, my biglots does not have much in the health and beauty aisle AT ALL...:wallbash:

Your Biglots must be BANGIN, my biglots does not have much in the health and beauty aisle AT ALL...:wallbash:

Yeah, I guess so. Our Biglots here always has good stuff. I don't know why they all don't have close to the same things. I was just there today and racked up on more great stuff. I wish I could send my biglots your way :sneakyhug:

Back