Umm...WOW!!!...Clairol Natural Instincts

I was really wondering if I should do it. Others can use stuff on their hair that will break ours off right at the follicle. But so far so good. I just didn't know it would be this black. So now like my edges are black which makes it look DYED for real.

I didn't dye it to color my edges, just my damn lighting bolt down the center of my head. I'm not ready for the Mrs. Adams look yet.:lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

You are hysterical!!!!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I just wanted to say thanks for your post! I had a box of midnight black in my cabinet for months before I was brave enough to put it in my hair.

I was doing some last minute research and came across your thread. You're right, my hair is soft and shiny (not fried and dry) and BLACK like I like it! :yawn:

I just "layered" my hair using the ponytail method yesterday and now I want it back to a blunt cut...Sigh...never satisfied.

At least I'm happy with the color now...:grin:

Here's a before pic and the after is in my siggy, thanks again!!!!

Before Dye (And layering :()

If u can't see the pics, my Fotki Password is: arigatou

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. How did you layer it yourself? What is the ponytail method?

Rite Aid has some colors on 75% clearance. I'm putting Reddish Brown on my dark brown hair. Should be interesting, but the reports are so good that I had to buy it.

I also purchased the clear shine color because that was also 75% off.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. How did you layer it yourself? What is the ponytail method?

I think it's when you pull your hair into a ponytail on top of your head and cut it that way. There are a few youtube tutorials. Women on BHM use this technique to thin their weaves.

Last edited:
This is my first time seeing this thread,but i just wanted to say that i had a terrible experience with this color.
I found it at Biglots,as i was on my way to the BSS to get some KISS color:wallbash: two fridays ago.
I decided to try it since the box said that its a semi-permanent color.My hair came out so dry its not even funny.I only colored an area in the front:look:,and it felt horrible compared to the un-colored portion of my hair.I used some Color Oops to make the color less harsh and to get my hair feeling somewhat better,and i have been conditioning and babying that hair like crazy.Now that the color is somewhat toned down,and the full effect of the product has been diminished,i can deal.
I won't be using this again:nono:

Back